Thread: Capping 50 90s!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Perry Cox View Post
    I would be curious to know what the combined /played time is for the 49 who are not his main.
    For the vast majority, the /played don't exceed 3 days, and the select few characters i play range a lot higher (my two most played are well above 100), and i've been playing since vanilla if anyone was curious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oell View Post
    CONGRATZ

    What's your ui? Saw some of the screenshots and i guess it's a form for elvui with a twist?
    It's elvui, ye

    (and thank you Gehco)

  2. #142
    Leveling is too boring for me to ever consider leveling a class more than once. I'd rather pay for a race/faction/realm change.

  3. #143
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am quite sure this thread wasn't made to make a review of another player, do not think the OP was thinking of this topic suddenly turning the discussion into what he originally wished to share. Please do not make assumptions upon what you think it may be, this thread seems more like a kind sharing and not a "Please review me thread".
    you've been here for years, i think you've been here longer than me. guess i'll find out in a second

    but you're really expecting some orange text to stop people from calling this kid a nerd over his own achievement that he's proud of?

    all i gotta say dude is if you're paying for a server transfer then you're doing it wrong lol. even as impressive as this achievement is, it obviously took some time to complete. Mists of Pandaria came out almost 2 years ago. In the time some of you spend idling in a capital city doing nothing or waiting on a queue, I don't have a hard time imagining that you might have quite a few more level 90 characters if leveling was what you spent your time doing.

    But congratulations, maybe Blizzard will make you your own ingame item
    You get a thumbs up, pat on the back and a "way to go" from your label every day, looking boy
    Hey, looking boy, what you say looking boy? I get a "hell yeah" from Dre, looking boy
    I work for everything I have, never asked nobody for shit. Get outta my face, looking boy


  4. #144
    Oh my god... and I thought I was bad with about 10 lifetime lvl 90s. Great job though, quite the accomplishment.

  5. #145
    High Overlord TheJewishMerp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Merpland
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Leveling in Vanilla is much more challenging (can't faceroll entire camps of MOBS). Also it takes much longer. Which makes reaching the level cap so much sweeter.
    Someone's blinded by nostalgia.

    1. Leveling was NEVER hard. It only took a long time because quests were spread though large chunks of the game, some spanning 5 zones on both continents.

    2. Pulling more than one mob didn't mean death for all classes. I was a hunter in Vanilla, I would pull packs of 2-3 mobs and just kite them.

    3. I assume OP had some sort of leveling path planned out after all those hours of leveling, one that is very efficient. I have 2 leveling paths, 1 for Horde and 1 for Alliance. I've hit 90 in 3 days on these routes, and that's with AFKing and not being as focused as I could have been.

    This game has never been hard, most of us were just bad, so it seemed hard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Perry Cox View Post
    It was a hard lesson to learn. After attending the ingame memorial (which I had to make an alt for), I left the game for almost 6 months to get my perspective straight. I was foolish enough to act with mob mentality rather than thinking for myself. I was truly ashamed. I don't have kids, and really don't want any, but I would never wish anything like that on anyone, even adults. I am thankful for that young man. He showed me how lucky I am, and how life is whatever I make it.

    Judging others should NEVER be an initial response, especially with extremely limited information. People make assumptions, and they are usually wrong. I hope before making more assumptions, Jaylock will learn to ask questions and formulate a complete assessment based on facts, and not just assumption.
    *sniff* so beautiful

    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by elfox View Post
    For the vast majority, the /played don't exceed 3 days, and the select few characters i play range a lot higher (my two most played are well above 100), and i've been playing since vanilla if anyone was curious.
    Well, either way, congrats on your personal achievement. You must enjoy the game very much to level through Pandaria 49 times

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You are damn right its his decision. I'm pointing out that his decision is not a wise one. Deal with it. If he wants to be a contributing member of society and wants to better himself, getting out and being social and productive is how he can do that. If not, he loses out on many life experiences that could bring him happiness that he never will have by being a basement dweller playing WoW all day and night.

    Im done with your nonsense, and you are just about to go on my ignore list Rorcanna.
    How can you write this post with a straight face after making 3000+ posts on an internet forum? Your post I quoted could be said about you and your 3000+ posts. Most of your posts here aren't even happy. You are either complaining or starting threads to rile up other posters...

    Why are you singling out the OP and not hardcore raiders? If a poster here started a thread saying they just beat HM Garrosh would you talk about "life experiences," "happiness" and "basement dwelling?" I doubt it.

    Leveling 50 toons is a life experience that appears to have made the OP happy. I'm amazed that as a frequent poster on a MMO forum, you can't see that. How hard is it to just say congrats and move on?

  8. #148
    I am Murloc! cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    5,569
    Grats - well done!
    The less you know, the more you believe.


    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hate, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

  9. #149
    Pit Lord Worgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kronos WoW - Vanilla server
    Posts
    2,328
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJewishMerp View Post
    Someone's blinded by nostalgia.

    1. Leveling was NEVER hard. It only took a long time because quests were spread though large chunks of the game, some spanning 5 zones on both continents.

    2. Pulling more than one mob didn't mean death for all classes. I was a hunter in Vanilla, I would pull packs of 2-3 mobs and just kite them.

    3. I assume OP had some sort of leveling path planned out after all those hours of leveling, one that is very efficient. I have 2 leveling paths, 1 for Horde and 1 for Alliance. I've hit 90 in 3 days on these routes, and that's with AFKing and not being as focused as I could have been.

    This game has never been hard, most of us were just bad, so it seemed hard.
    Blinded by nostalgia? I still play Vanilla servers. It's reality, not nostalgia.

    Leveling is harder in Vanilla. Not just because quests are spread around. If I run into a pack of mobs equal to my level in Vanilla, there is a good chance of death, unless I play it right and kite or CC or whatever. In current WoW you just run into pack upon pack of equal level mobs and faceroll them all day long with almost no chance of dying.

  10. #150
    Legendary! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Leveling is harder in Vanilla.
    Harder (in comparison)? Maybe. Hard? Absolutely not.

  11. #151
    Nice. I have 12 90s. I'm not doing 38 more. No way no how.

  12. #152
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,777
    Gz mate, i hope they are all geared though haha!

    And +10 levels each in next expansion, good luck with those 500 levels
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  13. #153
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    643
    Wow, impressive! :O

  14. #154
    The Lightbringer Seezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Capua
    Posts
    3,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    I have a family, a job, friends to meet. No time to cap more than 5. Gz for doing this but don't forget that WoW is just a game and success in that does not mean a thing except that you play a lot.
    Dont use this as an opportunity to stick your nose in the air and look down on someone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    That's pretty sad then. There's more to life than WoW, and the sooner people realise that the easier it will be when they eventually pull the plug.

    Don't be that person that wakes up in 10 years time and thinks "shit, i've missed out on so much".
    Would you tell that to someone that plays music in their spare time and practices drums 5 hours a day every day? Probably not. But ppl like you love to use this opportunity to soapbox.

  15. #155
    i was thinking u was making blizzard more rich by buying 50 boosted chars to 90 lol

  16. #156
    That is a neat accomplishment. It really doesn´t take that long to level character if you rotate them so you are always using rested exp. And really, now that you can mail heirlooms to other servers it is just a matter of what you decide to ´grind´. People think nothing of spending 6 hours a week doing raids with the hope that you increase your ilvl by 3pts..

    I think since WoTLK I have had a full server of maxed character, but I just never found a reason to do more than 1 more (alliance character for achievement and for vanity pets).

  17. #157
    I feel great sorrow for op who wasted so many hours on repetitive crap when there are so many great games out there to experience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •