Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Apparently in the MU she was Maraad's lover and was "defiled and broken" by the orcs.
    In the AU she was Maraad's lover and something happened to Maraad? I don't know, she doesn't seem to be as angsty about him as he is about her. Maybe the Maraads combined or something. Now Maraad is concerned about what happened to MU Yrel happening to AU Yrel.

It seems rather convoluted. Would have been nice to see her developed as an independent character before being shoved into a relationship.
    Oh yeah that seems more likely. Because he knew how his original Yrel died.

Oh FFS, I thought Blizzard said they weren't gonna be putting anything about time travel and different universes except the fact that we are only using time travel as a means to get to Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yeah, I misread those lines at first because I assumed he was talking about something that happened to this Yrel, not something he was taking for granted hadn't because of his memories about the original Yrel. Which, to be honest, probably wouldn't have been as confusing with more context. Looking over all of the dialogue so far, there are a couple of places where I'm not sure which universe's character are talking or being referred to that almost certainly won't be confusing when we actually get to those parts.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2014-04-05 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted
    WE dont time travel, the Iron Horde brings their past to us by connecting to our portals.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    WE dont time travel, the Iron Horde brings their past to us by connecting to our portals.
    I mean the plot. Should have worded it differently.

Deleted
    I wonder if we are going to see both versions of Maraad together.

The line 'Maraad: Maraad, you're frightening me.', could possibly indicate such a scenario, assuming it's not just a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post

The line 'Maraad: Maraad, you're frightening me.', could possibly indicate such a scenario, assuming it's not just a typo.
    It's most likely a typo. That's probably one of Yrel's lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Maraad: Velen died dude"

They should just leave the conversations like this.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    "Sorry maraad, but your Yrel is in another zone."

She is shaping for such a badass, can't wait !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "Sorry maraad, but your Yrel is in another zone."

She is shaping for such a badass, can't wait !!!
    I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning.
    And i love the smell of damsel in distress in the morning. Unless is one of *these* days. Because then smell is pretty unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post

It's either a typo or a placeholder joke. They said they wouldn't get into the messy realm of "characters meeting themselves", but then, who knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maraad seems like he's following the douchyMcJaina characterization. Hopefully he can be spared.
    #boycottchina

The developer shorthand is fucking hilarious. Please post more of those if you find them.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Maraad seems like he's following the douchyMcJaina characterization. Hopefully he can be spared.
    He's emotionally unstable.

It seems like he's a completely different character in WoD than he was in the recent short story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He's emotionally unstable.

It seems like he's a completely different character in WoD than he was in the recent short story.
    The recent short story barely gave him any development to speak of. All it showed is that Maarad is a super-draenei that can stay awake for six days and still have a mental battle with a strong dark shaman.
    Sure, the ending of the short story gave him something to think about but after having to relive his horrible past, I think that him being emotionally unstable is the only logical outcome. This character has witnessed firsthand what happened to his loved ones in the MU and he does not intend to let is happen again no matter what.
    What is scary about this is that it is very plausible that he will end up sacrificing himself at some crucial point in order to save Yrel or another loved one like his sister.
    I think that blizz may even be foreshadowing his death in the dialogues.
    Yrel: You have been through too much, Maraad. Your thirst for vengeance will only lead to our death.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Maraad is on a vengeance path. I thought he was more intelligent and aware then just being reduced to this. What I read about him up until now suggested he was someone who upheld honor and following the light, but here.. seems that was a wrong assessment, unless its a case blizzard are pulling a vengeance persona out there ass and smearing that over maraad.
    #boycottchina

Oh FFS, I thought Blizzard said they weren't gonna be putting anything about time travel and different universes except the fact that we are only using time travel as a means to get to Draenor.
    I just took that line of their's to mean whatever we do over in WoD it won't be causing timeline altering waves to our present. Meaning we can change all we want without repercussions.

There is/was bound to be stuff like this. I agree it is a headache to think about at times, but what Maraad looks like he might be attempting is the same as Garrosh. There will probably be many instances where Blizzard is going to make us do such acts in the hopes that we find what Garrosh is attempting more relateable. We may disagree on what should be done, but we and him are trying to prevent what we feel are mistakes from happening in their timeline.

I have no problem with them trying to do some kind of "vengeance" story with Maraad as long as they do it well.

"I just want revenge, grrrr" is about as cliche as it gets, especially for Warcraft characters, but the desire for empty vengeance over taking an otherwise wise and stalwart character is, for all its cliche, still a classic spin that can still be done well.

That is the key words, though, "done well". From what I can see from this (which, of course, isn't much to see from), it doesn't look like he's being written very well, and he's just going to be another Arthas Uchiha type character who just sporadically flies off the handle and demands vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbar View Post
    The developer shorthand is fucking hilarious. Please post more of those if you find them.
    This, so much this.

So damn funny.

Maraad for Lich King 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :