Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am reading all WoD Hunter related posts and everywhere that Sunslayer guy is complaining. It's starting to get anoying. Can you just lower your negativity for a bit and wait till we get beta. Then you can post feedback to blizz and offer them ideas how to fix PvP so you can be happy.

They are still implementing abilities and an ability like Lone Wolf will require a lot of tweaking to make the petless hunter i viable choice. Just hold your QQ pls.

We dug out the hunter new "aspects" when you are Lone Wolf providing raid wide buffs, there might be even one more that empowers your autoshots to provide phisical vulnerability debuff on the target who knows .... why not.

Next you see they add an extra on Blink Strikes to empower your autshots to be frost arrows slowing down the enemy target by 30% for 4 sec if you chose Lone Wolf talent .... why not?

And there might be something for Master's Call making it implement both itself and roar of sacrifice to a small degree. Your loyal pet shows up for 5 sec taking your place of the target under fire removes all root/slow effects from you gives you 50% speed for 4 sec .. again why not?
    Last edited by Pyrophobia; 2014-04-09 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    "Everything else" covers all situations where you may be missing a buff. Yes it's rare to be missing the spellpower buff in a raid, but the same can be said of the crit and stats buffs. I don't consider it any less useful just because it doesn't benefit the hunter directly.
    In other words, no hunter will ever ever ever use serpents because they are other more useful pets offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    In other words, no hunter will ever ever ever use serpents because they are other more useful pets offered.
    No way to know for sure until the buffs sort out, but there's probably a scenario where a 5-man would want a serpent.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Say you're specced MM or SV, and your raid/dungeon/challenge mode is missing the spellpower buff. The reason for not using a serpent in this situation is... what?

It's not as though you are short on stable space, and I can't believe that no group is ever ever ever missing only that buff, or that it could never be the most useful buff missing. Buffing your healers isn't a bad idea.
    Last edited by 7seti; 2014-04-09 at 03:57 PM.

Regardless of the fact that bringing spellpower will be useful in some raid compositions, we have useless pets right now, so what are you pissed about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Say you're specced MM or SV, and your raid/dungeon/challenge mode is missing the spellpower buff. The reason for not using a serpent in this situation is... what?

It's not as though you are short on stable space, and I can't believe that no group is ever ever ever missing only that buff, or that it could never be the most useful buff missing. Buffing your healers isn't a bad idea.
    If you're missing the spellpower buff, odds are you're also missing a couple other buffs as well, and would likely get more gain from using a different buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Regardless of the fact that bringing spellpower will be useful in some raid compositions, we have useless pets right now, so what are you pissed about?
    I'm particularly pissed that I spent 2 days camping a rare with a unique model, and will be unable to use it because it provides a useless buff, and will be pigeon-holed into using the family i hate the most to cover a buff that would be coverable by 3 families if they just swapped both serpent and hyena to haste. Hell, they could just make Wind Serpent the spellpower buff, because it makes thematic sense. Spellpower from serpents only makes sense for "Arcane Serpents" anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    will be pigeon-holed into using the family i hate the most to cover a buff that would be coverable by 3 families if they just swapped both serpent and hyena to haste.
    Hyenas are being swapped to Haste. And Wasps get Haste as well. So that's 3 families (not including the exotic Dragonfly).
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Hyenas are being swapped to Haste. And Wasps get Haste as well. So that's 3 families (not including the exotic Dragonfly).
    tldr Serpent should retain haste buff and Spell power and Spell Crit should be for exotic pet only. Having said, Lonewolf's Serpent Wisdom should be usable with other buffs too.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are missing SP buff, you should use a debuff pet, because chances are, you do not have enough of physical buff or not enough debuff.

Alright. If you want to tell yourself it's useless, go ahead and do that. Still don't understand why you would intentionally refrain from bringing a missing buff, though.

Alright. If you want to tell yourself it's useless, go ahead and do that. Still don't understand why you would intentionally refrain from bringing a missing buff, though.
    because that means you have other missing buffs and debuff as well; debuffs and buffs that actually would benefit the hunter directly and because I would be handicapped if I'm soloing content, do pvp by using a serpent. Heck, 5 moths would be more useful to bring a raid anyway more than bringing sp buff.

Blizzard gave every buff to a non-exotic family because they did not want SV/MM hunters to be required to use Lone Wolf to provide a missing buff for the group. It doesn't matter the odds or the usefulness of said buff, that's the reason it was done. Obviously they recognized that Spell Power would be on the lower end of likelihood so they only assigned one family to it; yes if you love serpents you're likely boned, but one family was going to get assigned anyway and somebody else would be complaining. The alternative is no buffs for Lone Wolf, which makes it nonviable for 5-mans or raids close to the minimum number.

Blizzard gave every buff to a non-exotic family because they did not want SV/MM hunters to be required to use Lone Wolf to provide a missing buff for the group. It doesn't matter the odds or the usefulness of said buff, that's the reason it was done. Obviously they recognized that Spell Power would be on the lower end of likelihood so they only assigned one family to it; yes if you love serpents you're likely boned, but one family was going to get assigned anyway and somebody else would be complaining. The alternative is no buffs for Lone Wolf, which makes it nonviable for 5-mans or raids close to the minimum number.
    Or Hunter shouldn't have any buff to provide the buff, at all. Here's a novel idea; give SP to Moonkin, All Shaman's Spec, All Pali's spec, Mistweaver Monk, Demo Warlock's Demons and Frost Mage's Water Elementals, instead. Crazy, right?

Deleted
    Or Hunter shouldn't have any buff to provide the buff, at all. Here's a novel idea; give SP to Moonkin, All Shaman's Spec, All Pali's spec, Mistweaver Monk, Demo Warlock's Demons and Frost Mage's Water Elementals, instead. Crazy, right?
    Yeah, I'm sure all our other ''utility'' is going to get us spots in group play.

You're arguing for the removal of the buff system. Just because Serpents bring Spell Power. So yes, Crazy is right.

You're arguing for the removal of the buff system. Just because Serpents bring Spell Power. So yes, Crazy is right.
    Yes because the current Serpent's Swiftness is better. It is crazy, counter intuitive and counter productive of replacing my serpent haste buff with a buff I would never ever ever use or can use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure all our other ''utility'' is going to get us spots in group play.
    Giving us a useless buff isn't giving us utility. Give use useful utility instead of a bandaid for mana users. Why should I bring something that doesn't benefit me at all, instead of 5 moths that can bress my raiders?

Giving us a useless buff isn't giving us utility. Give use useful utility instead of a bandaid for mana users. Why should I bring something that doesn't benefit me at all, instead of 5 moths that can bress my raiders?
    Because it benefits your raid. Refusing to bring a buff just because it won't affect your place on the damage meter is stupid and selfish.

Battle rez is capped at 3 per fight, by the way.

TLDR IM MAD CAUSE MY SERPENT LOSE HASTE. WHY CAN"T ALL I MEAN ALL BEASTS HAS SECONDARY BUFFS SPELL: SP OR SPELL CRIT? SERIOUSLY sry caps lock cause im angry and shouting

So it means that I can dump my crab and raptor and basilisk if space runs too low; probably have to keep the serpent in stables; No need for a riverbeast or a devilsaur or a monkey/fox. (I have ashtail, but will see what to do).

So Just need to look out for a good hydra, updated nether rays/spore bats, a dragonfly and maybe a bear or goat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Lone Wolf still looks terrible for PvP. Going without Master's call and Roar of Sacrifice is never going to be a choice.

So, in conclusion; Lone Wolf is a poorly designed talent that is useless for any PvP setting.

I want so badly to be a petless Hunter, but, I PvP
    You get 30% increased damage? How is that useless? You choose to leave your pet. And no, Masters call and RoR will still be there, just summon your pet and dismiss.
    MM and SV already have more slows/snares than BM (unless they removed concussive barrage/Entrapment)

10+ Year Old Account
    It appears that most of the Exotics are getting 2 Buffs/Debuffs/Raid Utility plus a special ability. I think the only one I've found so far that doesn't give 2 Buffs/Debuffs/Raid Utility are Worms.
    Do worms still have Burrow?

Acid Spit + Stats + Burrow = three

- - - Updated - - -

can a list be made that shows abilities by Pet-family, rather than pet-family by abilities?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Do worms still have Burrow?

Acid Spit + Stats + Burrow = three

- - - Updated - - -

can a list be made that shows abilities by Pet-family, rather than pet-family by abilities?
    You're right, I had forgotten they give Stats now.

I'm going to rework my post at wow-petopia for the exotics to show what they bring entirely. Don't think I'll do it for the non-exotic pets because they invariably bring one thing now (unless I'm forgetting something).