Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

5.4.8 8 I levels, concerns and question from hunter perspective.

So I have yet to see any theory crafting or forum topics on this as of yet but given the hit Hunters took back in ToT compared to other classes when item upgrades were released mid patch. I'm a bit worried that these 8 I levels will once again make hunters bottom tier DPS for the remainder of MoP. I'm currious what other hunters think the impact of these changes will be for better or worse.

It doesn't really matter this late into the tier..

We're prolly looking at a 40-50k DPS increase from it all together (I simmed a run with 2 trinkets, weapon, chest, legs, helm, cloak, boots upgraded 4/4, got 30k outta that, then add agi from bracers, rings, neck, shoulders, etc and optimal reforges now that you got more stats to play with. (BM)

I think this will just put Beast Mastery further ahead of SV, but the people who prefer SV will still play SV.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-05-18 at 07:54 PM.

The expansion is essentially over, and while you'll continue to play, your ranking / placement in the world of DPS is insignificant.

Besides, what do you mean Hunters took a hit from the Upgrade System? Were Hunters excluded from using it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Besides, what do you mean Hunters took a hit from the Upgrade System? Were Hunters excluded from using it?
    They scale like shit with gear compared to real classes.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    No. Hunters fall behind in secondary stat scaling the deeper in to expansions we go. A lot of other classes scale incredibly.

It doesn't really matter now though. The expansion is over. Hell, we may even get another aspect of the hawk buff the week before 6.0 goes live cause that's how Blizzard handles us.

Hunters traditionally have had poor scaling. With item levels being exponential I'm worried as a hunter i'm going to be sub par DPS for the next 5-6 months compared to classes that scale well. Being the bottom of the pack reduces enjoyment for me that's why I care. I'm near best in slot but still not in a full clear guild 12/14H So I still raid 12 hr a week.

I'm not even saying it will end up bad. I'm just curious what will happen. For all I know our trinkets will hit a sweet spot and it will work out nicely. I simply am curious if anyone has any idea what the impact will be.

The only thing I have gathered is that most likely BM will become the clear choice.
    Last edited by GalcianBTH; 2014-05-18 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    No. Hunters fall behind in secondary stat scaling the deeper in to expansions we go. A lot of other classes scale incredibly.
    Actually secondary stats are stronger now than they have ever previously been in MoP. Like we're talking almost-good-enough-for-320-haste-gems-to-be-worth-it (but not quite).

Only curious as once I clear content i'm considering joining another less progressed guild, and either staying hunter or switching back to fury warrior the class I intent to switch to in Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by GalcianBTH View Post
    Only curious as once I clear content i'm considering joining another less progressed guild, and either staying hunter or switching back to fury warrior the class I intent to switch to in Warlords.
    To answer your question, I think we'll drop a few spots but we won't bottom out. And even if we did we still have general strengths that other classes don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    To answer your question, I think we'll drop a few spots but we won't bottom out. And even if we did we still have general strengths that other classes don't.
    While we certainly have strengths other classes don't I enjoy to on a daily basis comp for top damage on fights. Thanks for the info however.

Quote Originally Posted by GalcianBTH View Post
    I enjoy to on a daily basis comp for top damage on fights.
    You can't always get what you want.

Hunters aren't really meant to top the meters, honestly.

Yes blizzard has made that clear as of late with what they have said about wod. That's why I was asking in the first place not to complain but to see what next course of action will be.

Stat prios aren't changing so just keep doing what you do and doing more damage with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Actually secondary stats are stronger now than they have ever previously been in MoP. Like we're talking almost-good-enough-for-320-haste-gems-to-be-worth-it (but not quite).
    That's true but most of the classes still do it better than us.

Fights are going to be so short now that burst dps specs will dominate even more

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Fights are going to be so short now that burst dps specs will dominate even more
    This was a thread of hope I had that we would be able to be comparable with locks, mages, exe. The fact that BM has such high burst, and the lengths of the fights being shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Fight lengths vary. What is standard for a high-end guild now can be the kill speed for a lower-end guild after upgrades.

In previous patches, we were under a different aspect of the hawk percentage and this meant ilvl changes did not benefit us as well as other classes. Our dps should scale very nicely (i.e. at a rate similar to rogues, mages and warlocks) with the item level buffs due to the 35% AotH. If it was still 25%, we would fall significantly behind the other pure dpses. But if you are actually curious about where we will be with 8 ilvls, we should be roughly in the same stratification of current dps trends.

Just saw this estimate in a warrior thread. Pending BIS doesn't change much.

Looks remarkably the same outside of BM gaining space on SV.

Called iiit.