Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    "Europe" consists of more countries than "Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Gibraltar, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal or Sweden".

Shipping from amazon UK never was free to Germany or France, and yet movies and some pricebound items (like the PS3 at start) often are vastly cheaper to buy there. The package and posting from items directly sold by amazon usually are less than four pounds, even if I add four TV sets it does not go beyond seven pounds.
    I have no idea how the postage to those countries above differ, but I hardly see the sky falling.
    If the price now exceeds domestic distributors then buy there, if it is still cheaper stick with amazon.

If you take your image "literally" and that are the true shipping costs, you seriously cannot say that you wonder why amazon stops offering that service. If it really did cost 12 pounds to send that item, and it was subventioned until now, all other customers had to pay for your delivery.

Ugh, that sucks. Sorry, my eurobros. =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't you order from German/(insert other European nation with Amazon) website instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

Deleted
    Continental Europeans should see the products on their local amazon be reduced in price as a result. Interested to know if they were pressured into this decision though by the EU or other Government. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Gideon was behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Yes, no free shipping is a great injustice indeed......

Sarcasm if you couldn't tell.
    I could, but you obviously missed the part about this not being comparable with that. If you're gonna be snarky, do it right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Once things affect me personally then id probably get involved. And expect you to do the same. I'm awesome after all
    Um no, you're not. And no, I'm not that selfish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    For those uninformed, orders above 25£ had free shipping to the countries above mentioned. This image clearly demonstrates what's going to happen:

Do you realize how stupid this image is? A 2£ item wouldn't have been covered under free super saver shipping even when it was available! Only orders over 25£ get it...you even say so yourself RIGHT ABOVE THE IMAGE. I can't even.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Do you realize how stupid this image is? A 2£ item wouldn't have been covered under free super saver shipping even when it was available! Only orders over 25£ get it...you even say so yourself RIGHT ABOVE THE IMAGE. I can't even.
    The problem is the package you dont need 12 £ to send such a small thing-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

Um no, you're not. And no, I'm not that selfish.
    my ego begs to differ

Deleted
    Do people not realise how expensive it is to send stuff, especially across Europe? I work for a small firm in the UK who do most of their business online and sending even the relatively small parcels we send (usually an envelope with some gold, silver or some other metal leaf in it) cost around £12 for a tracked delivery. Even with the sweetheart rates Amazon probably gets I doubt they're making much, if any, money on those postage costs.