Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I hate to quote myself (not really), but I just remembered that DS is a thing that exists. For execute when this is up we'd be looking at SB with a 70% crit chance, and Incinerate with a 90% crit chance before any crit from gear. Granted it's a very small window but... jesus fuck.

I can't see that change lasting long.
    Just a wild thought, but since this version of GoSac increases the crit chance of certain spells by 35% (unlike the 15% dmg increase on live), maybe their plan is not to include ember spenders into the list of affected spells. So it would only affect incinerate/conflagrate, and maybe drain life. I can see them going this route so that burst doesn't become a problem eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    Just a wild thought, but since this version of GoSac increases the crit chance of certain spells by 35% (unlike the 15% dmg increase on live), maybe their plan is not to include ember spenders into the list of affected spells. So it would only affect incinerate/conflagrate, and maybe drain life. I can see them going this route so that burst doesn't become a problem eventually.
    Perhaps, but as of right now the Destro tooltip says Incin, Conflag, CB, and SB (FnB not affected).

I can only speculate as to their intent, but their implementation thus far is that. I feel like it might have some... interesting interaction with Charred Remains.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    Just gonna leave this here.....

This, too xD bit off topic, but still funny

Deleted
    Well if we go down the numbers and it would give your pet flat X% critical strike lets say "35" so +35% of crit and you would stack mastery.

So assuming its demo and soul fire on molten core goes down by 75% in cast time to 1 sec (always crits) and you stacked mastery/haste on your gear and you have low amount of crit around 10%.

You sacrifice 5% of crit to get 35% of crit for your pet. Pet usually contributes around 12-15% of your dmg but lets make it 25% because demo and we need to be optimistic. Also i will assume its passive. and i will assume it will make your pet dmg output 20% better this will give you around + 3-4% with really good winds. In this case that would bring it in line with Grimoire of Supremancy that gives your pet flat +20% dmg but with better gear this talent scales down super fast.

so I'm probably wrong in thinking this but, why did they change grimoire of sacrifice to just effect our crit and let hunters lone wolf talent increase their damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    so I'm probably wrong in thinking this but, why did they change grimoire of sacrifice to just effect our crit and let hunters lone wolf talent increase their damage?
    I love the idea of this talent (not paying attention to numbers since Blizzard will probably balance it to be roughly just as good as the other 2 talents) but I would prefer it more if I could sacrifice like 10-20% of all damage I do to increase all damage my minion does by 100% and maybe throw in extra perks for my pet like they did for BM's Lone Wolf ("Versatility"). But then that would mean if you pick this talent, Imps would be 80% stronger than Fel Imps and that doesn't sound right (but we would be sacrificing our own damage).
    Last edited by Bryrida; 2014-04-08 at 01:10 AM.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    Because Lone Wolf will probably change too, its still pretty much just a concept at this point. But then lessons learnt on with one class often get forgotten in designing another.

Deleted
    Why can't we get rid of our buggy pets? I would make only Demonology a pet spec. Same for BM for Hunters. As a lock you have like a million key binds + you need to take care about pets and their abilities ... I mean, it worked fine in the days of vanilla and TBC, when you have like 10 buttons to press and pet dmg was like 30% - 50% of Warlocks dmg, but now ... GoSac is just a bad solution, especialy in PvP, might somehow work in pve for Destro but you stil "feel" as a pet class ... I expect something better for petless play style in WoD.

There should be a talent (A TALENT, so you can CHOOSE) to balance our dps more into pets. I feel our pets do 10~20% of our damage, with the talent it would be more like 40~45%.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    There should be a talent (A TALENT, so you can CHOOSE) to balance our dps more into pets. I feel our pets do 10~20% of our damage, with the talent it would be more like 40~45%.
    That may be the case with a perma terrorguard or abyssal on a demo lock.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    That may be the case with a perma terrorguard or abyssal on a demo lock.
    Probably will be since that's the only way I can think of that talent being semi-attractive over the other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryrida View Post
    Before Wotlk, Demonology was focused completely on strong minions and Metamorphosis didn't exist. I miss that (even though I think turning into a demon is cool, I'd much rather have strong pets). Even during Wotlk Demo still had strong pets but with every subsequent expansion they nerfed Demo's pets more and more in favor of Metamorphosis's mechanics/rotations.
    Fel magic can corrupt creatures/people into Demons. Demonology Warlocks focus on Fel magic, which is demonic. Fel magic can corrupt creatures/people into Demons. Warlocks who embrace Fel magic and turn into Demons is a part of the lore. So, favoring for permanent Demon Form would be the ideal. I like turning into a Demon, a Demon far superior than my demonic servants. People shouldn't care if "pets are being nerfed in favor for Metamorphosis' mechanics/rotations."

Damn, I hate this change. They did this only to kill Demo TankLocks, so obvious.

There goes the "choice".

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    That would be REALLY good for Destro, and kind of meh for the other two specs. CB damage would still be increased due to how the mechanic works, and with that much crit, we'd be casting a lot more of them. I mean, shit, combine that with the leveling perk: ]Empowered Incinerate - Your Incinerate has 20% additional critical strike chance] and then factor in base crit of 5% and that's a 60% crit chance without even factoring in gear. That is absolutely INSANE
    Someone didn't read that it was a CD not a static increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    That would also probably take a lot of money for people to fix their computers after they explode. Imagine one of those "25 warlocks" raids... you can start the raid and have a barbecue in 5 minutes.
    Hardly a fair point, obviously blizzard would do their best to make sure it wasn't CPU intensive, but it is unavoidable in certain situations, (i.e. 25 hunters+25 pets+ dire beasts(assuming bm)+125 more pets from stampede, then every other ability) so saying 'think about the 25-man raids with only 1 class!!' isn't exactly valid.

Quote Originally Posted by VisionOfPerfection View Post
    Fel magic can corrupt creatures/people into Demons. Demonology Warlocks focus on Fel magic, which is demonic. Fel magic can corrupt creatures/people into Demons. Warlocks who embrace Fel magic and turn into Demons is a part of the lore. So, favoring for permanent Demon Form would be the ideal. I like turning into a Demon, a Demon far superior than my demonic servants. People shouldn't care if "pets are being nerfed in favor for Metamorphosis' mechanics/rotations."
    It'd be nice, if they respected the design enough to make both happen. You could be a badass, petless Demon form Warlock as demo, or have really strong pets. Both suit the Demon-ology namesake.

I'd love it if they'd stop pissing on the talents I like for reasons. The more they take away play I enjoy, the less reason I have to bother playing for gameplay reasons, to hell with all the other changes they make to the game that may not sit well with me. My favorite spec barely resembles itself, and the talents and abilities I've loved get chopped or nerfed or become unrecognizable. I'm close to ignoring everything WoW and living in my nostalgia, for me and for my cranky forum posts no one wants to read