10+ Year Old Account

Just started Hardcore

After playing Softcore for a long time I finally took the plunge and tried Hardcore. Only running it one step up from normal difficulty now but I have to say, it's a lot of fun. It almost feels like a new game. When I get into a sticky situation I have this feeling of major panic. It is completely different feeling then playing softcore.

I have a 70 of every class except crusader in softcore and was honestly starting to become a little bored with the game. If anyone is in a rut with the game or looking for a new experience I highly recommend giving hardcore a try. My guy is only 38 but it's been a blast from level 1.

One downside is you have nothing when you start hardcore. It is like you just bought the game. You have no gems, money, paragon levels and all your crafters are reset.

I wish I would have had the balls to do hardcore much earlier in my D3 career. So much fun!
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    i would love to play hardcore again ... but my internet sucks.

i made a practical test by lvling a crusader in sc and stopped caring after the 7. death due to dc. and i'm not even 70 yet playing only on hard.

and that is a mayor downside for me. i can deal with death, if it is a good one against a superior foe. but alas my graveyard is full of dead characters killed by shadow vermin / skeleton / basic campfire.

nope i feel to old for this. and i want to see endgame now for the first time. sticking to sc atm. but yes, hc has a completely different feel to it. sc feels more like wow where you hunt for loot. in hc you hunt for higher lvls. you don't lvl characters you lvl your chest.

if i get a good connection someday and not a shitty country wlan i try it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    One downside is you have nothing when you start hardcore. It is like you just bought the game. You have no gems, money, paragon levels and all your crafters are reset.
    For me, this is the principle reason why I have not given hardcore much thought. I have dabbled and have a level 39 DH but the idea that I have to redo my crafters, farm gold and gems all over again, is just overwhelming. I just cba, no matter how hard I would like to play that style.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since Australia got D3 localised servers a few weeks back I finally got into Hardcore properly.

Had done it at release but lost 3 40+ characters to Random DC's and Latency.

Now that I have a 35ms Connection I already leveled my Wizard and beat Mathael on Master.

Now to grind out gear for a few days and try him T1 D:

let me give you guys an advice, if you're gonna start playing hardcore.
    If you are playing single, ALWAYS be ready to press escape at weird lag spikes. Wait like 10 seconds and you can resume.
    Might save you the trouble of dying from random lag spikes, be it server or your own i-net.

Deleted
    Hardcore is the only true answer.

Deleted
    Would like to play hardcore...but since I tend to get random disconnects now and then, chances are that I would more often than not lose a char to such a disc. Which would be annoying to say the least.

Levelling has become quite easy and fast with adventure mode, i like it.

Yes hardcore is tons of fun, except when you die from being a disconnect or because your class don't have a "cheat death" passive/active but i like that some classes is a little more prone to dying on hardcore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Levelling has become quite easy and fast with adventure mode, i like it.
    Sadly, I had to run the campaign mode first since it was my first character on Hardcore. I made it to level 61 I think in the campaign mode with the 50% exp bonus this weekend. That was on Hard difficulty. I'm going to run 61-70 on the mode above Hard.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

I wish I could play hardcore proper again but I don't have solid internet until few months down the line. Fucking always online >:|
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988