Thread: WoD enchants

WoD enchants

Blizz mentioned they want to cut down enchants. It looks like so far, there have been datamined enchants for Rings, Necklaces, and cloaks, and the enchants allow you to place crit, haste, mastery, readiness, multistrike, armor, or spirit on any of them.

Whatever happened to the amplify stat, or is that gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Blizz mentioned they want to cut down enchants. It looks like so far, there have been datamined enchants for Rings, Necklaces, and cloaks, and the enchants allow you to place crit, haste, mastery, readiness, multistrike, armor, or spirit on any of them.

Whatever happened to the amplify stat, or is that gone?
    Amplify and Cleave stats were removed a while back though I missed that as well until this wall of text patch notes.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10703970357

Cleave wasnt removed. From the start, it was clear it was going to be a tertiary stat (random chance of it appearing on gear in addition to secondary and primary stats, and doesnt affect item budget)

And amplify is clearly mention in that as being a secondary stat, But I cant find when it was considered to not be suitable for a secondary stat, or if that happened at all

Deleted
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10703970357

Cleave wasnt removed. From the start, it was clear it was going to be a tertiary stat (random chance of it appearing on gear in addition to secondary and primary stats, and doesnt affect item budget)

And amplify is clearly mention in that as being a secondary stat, But I cant find when it was considered to not be suitable for a secondary stat, or if that happened at all
    It was in a tweet of Celestalon or WatcherDev, I'll see if I can find it

Edit: Here:
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...30067424522241

Both Amplify and Cleave will not be stat on gear (subjected to change ofc)
    Last edited by mmoc45d288b43a; 2014-04-08 at 11:19 AM. Reason: added Tweet

Well thats unfortunate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thats unfortunate.
    Trouble was that for instance Cleave (spells/abilities hitting more then just your main target) was situationally good for DPS and Tanks, but it was pretty much ALWAYS good for healers. To not have that unbalance they decided to pull the plug on Cleave at least. Not sure why Amplify got canned, probably cause it was too strong or too interesting a stat in some other way.

Yeah I was more interested in the Amplify stat. Maybe got canned for being too mathy though, like the way of armor penetration. Oh well, it's too bad. Was looking forward to critting harder on my (arms) warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was more interested in the Amplify stat. Maybe got canned for being too mathy though, like the way of armor penetration. Oh well, it's too bad. Was looking forward to critting harder on my (arms) warrior.
    Oh man, ArP. That was such a godly stat, at least for Fury Warriors it was.

I'm of the opinion that more stats doesn't necessarily make the game better. If you have too many stats that aren't balanced well, that leads to a lot of problems too.

I'd imagine Amplify would scale (far) too well with gear which is why they removed it (Celestalon tweeted that based off experiments with SoO trinkets they didn't want to introduce it).

Amplify (increasing the crit damage modifier IIRC?) would also be massively prioritized to classes with high crit, and for the same reasons they removed Amp (it was extremely good for some classes, and ok for others) I'd imagine that's why they are removing it.

This is all speculation on my part for the record.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-04-16 at 12:53 PM.