Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I highly doubt a wizard will ever achieve the ability to do T6 "with ease". I've got some of the best gear for wiz that I've seen around so far (including streamers), and I can only comfortable push T4 (although it is sort of slow).
    The main issue with Wizards being "overpowered" compared to melee, is without a doubt two things:
    1 - a cold wizard has tons of CC / slow "build in" to their attacks, and thus do not need to pick this up as their other skills. This allows for purely damage boosting skills (where as something like a demon hunter would want to pick multiple defensive skills such as prep, vault, and maybe a CD like RoA/Vengeance, leaving no real space for dmg boosters).
    2 - wizards gets all resistance from int, baseline. I've got all ress on maybe one item, and with my 200 paragon, my lowest resistance is still at around 1.2K - that's with glass cannon, by the way. It means you get to spend all your stats on throughput (trifecter rings, gloves, neck, crit+socket+skill dmg helm, skill dmg boots etc) with no real downside. Compared to a DH or a monk who gets dodge that isn't really effective mitigation compared to all ress (who wants to rely on RNG to not get gibbed?), and you can see why at relatively low gear levels, a wiz will be far ahead.
    Personally, I've got very few upgrades left, sitting at 2M sheet dmg and 8M sheet toughness, with 18K healing and 120% magicfind in solo games (<3 templar with old MF equipment), along with 51% arcane orb (36% cold, 15% orb) bonus damage. Now, getting my BiS (a tal rasha neck to unlock cpt crimsons 3 set on top of my cains, aughilds and tal rashas), and everything rolling perfectly, maaaybe I can get close to 2.5-3M sheet, 10M toughness. But Ill never do T6 effectively.
    I can do torment 6 on my char currently, but I don't do it outside of act 1 since some of the eliet monster types do enough damage to kill me 2-3 times before I get them down with all the peripheral damage they do. My gear is far from perfect, though, I'm mostly carried by tal rasha's 4p and mirrorball.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Do you have Shard of Hate? And a lot of CD reduction? He is built around 100% uptime on WotB. If you watch his stream you can see how easily he does torm 6 rifts
    I know the build, its also pretty reliant on the bugged Gloves of Worship. And yes I have Shard of Hate (it was my first drop at 70 on launch night), I can imagine how having perma uptime on WOTB makes Rifts easy but this is basically what you have said.

"Barbs are amazing they can do T6 rifts*"

*Must have Gloves of Worship, which are broken and being fixed tonight.
    *Must have Shard of Hate, best weapon in the game by a long way.

Without the Gloves of Worship he would be in T4-5, without the Shard he would be in T2-3. I don't play his spec so I don't need cooldown reduction, though I have the gear laying around for it as I was working on a set for my Crusader, my build doesn't really need it.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...623/hero/65304

My char is built around speed running T3 bounties and rifts, with friends. I can do T6 but not with this build and not with any great speed, infact the only real build that is viable is the broken 100% WOTB build.

Edit: The armory may be broken, it's showing different stats to some of my gear, My gloves have 610 str, 6% attack speed, 44% crit damage and the shown reforged 10% crit. But armory shows lower numbers for almost all of them :|
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-04-08 at 01:18 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I know the build, its also pretty reliant on the bugged Gloves of Worship. And yes I have Shard of Hate (it was my first drop at 70 on launch night), I can imagine how having perma uptime on WOTB makes Rifts easy but this is basically what you have said.

"Barbs are amazing they can do T6 rifts*"

*Must have Gloves of Worship, which are broken and being fixed tonight.
    *Must have Shard of Hate, best weapon in the game by a long way.

Without the Gloves of Worship he would be in T4-5, without the Shard he would be in T2-3
    Well the gloves are being fixed to 10min, which is more than enough time to do a rift.

And having some of the BiS gear should be a requirement to do Torm 6. Its like that with all the classes. WD needs Jeram+Thasker and Theo, Wizz needs mirrorball, Monk needs Shard of hate, Barb needs Shard of Hate, DH need 4 set Marauders.

Without the gloves he would probably still be in T6, just not that efficent. And seeing that the Gloves are pretty easy to farm its not really an issue

Well the gloves are being fixed to 10min, which is more than enough time to do a rift.

And having some of the BiS gear should be a requirement to do Torm 6. Its like that with all the classes. WD needs Jeram+Thasker and Theo, Wizz needs mirrorball, Monk needs Shard of hate, Barb needs Shard of Hate, DH need 4 set Marauders.

Without the gloves he would probably still be in T6, just not that efficent. And seeing that the Gloves are pretty easy to farm its not really an issue
    The reason they are broken though is that he is going out and finding a chanelling/cooldown reduction shrine to allow him to 100% WOTB, then he has a whole hour to do rifts. Not to mention that you can stack multiple shrines, which would not work so well with a 10min drop off, 10mins is a Rift at a pretty decent pace, it will not be so much of a viable build with just 10mins.

His gear itself is not that great, which is understandable given that he can't have people handing him legendaries in ROS, but still he got lucky enough to get Thunderfury, Shard and a Stone of Jordan. But I don't think this really really select case of what is a build based mostly on broken mechanics is any evidence that Barbarion is strong.

Barbarion with Shard of Hate is strong, with a Gloves of Worship perma WOTB it is really strong and without either it is pretty weak.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-04-08 at 01:27 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The reason they are broken though is that he is going out and finding a chanelling/cooldown reduction shrine to allow him to 100% WOTB, then he has a whole hour to do rifts. Not to mention that you can stack multiple shrines, which would not work so well with a 10min drop off, 10mins is a Rift at a pretty decent pace, it will not be so much of a viable build with just 10mins.
    It will still be viable you just need to refresh the shrine buff more often. Which is quite easy to do when you know the places where shrines usually spawn. Still, Lut socks+Earth set would probably destroy this build in terms of efficency, same with the Katamari build(Raegor 5set).

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Can you cast Frozen Orb continuously or do you run out of arcane power?
    Uh. No? Not abusing the gloves.

There is currently some Wizards doing Torm 6. Almost Similar to Barb in efficiency.

They use a No signature, disintegrate specc with tons of Arcane Dmg and high uptime on Archon.

There is also the Mirrorball specc that fares decently in Torm 6.

Most classes(except Crusader) are having somewhat efficent farming in Torm 6 atm.
    Would love links to those streams to see, actually. I have no doubts that you can get the damage to burst down a pack before it kills you, but an efficient, steady farm at the same rate a barb is doing it? Doubtfull. You won't have the survivability, which in turn is partly due to barbs being able to get insane life regen from Life per fury spent (I don't have a barb, but been told by friends that they have like 50K regen on paper, due to LPFS. If this is not true, then disregard I guess). Wiz on the other hand, will have to sacrifice survivability and can't use any defensives in archon - and would need the same glove abuse as barbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    I can do torment 6 on my char currently, but I don't do it outside of act 1 since some of the eliet monster types do enough damage to kill me 2-3 times before I get them down with all the peripheral damage they do. My gear is far from perfect, though, I'm mostly carried by tal rasha's 4p and mirrorball.
    Doing it =/= doing it efficiently. I'm sure I could do it too (in fact, I have), but it's so far from being efficient compared to say, how I do T3-4 that it's hilarious. I admit to not having a mirrorball (winters flurry atm), but do have the tal rasha, along with 3(4) sources of the 4 elemental meteors - frost spells, thunderfury proc lightning, fire familiar, arcane archon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Wizards are pretty much OP as fuck. All you gotta do is hit archon and laugh as everything dies and your dps skyrockets to 100m+
    Wizards are in a good place, all other classes are UP.
    Source: patch notes
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!