Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Phantom Menace was TOTALLY ruined by that retard animated water animal trying to be funny. Didn't mess that much with Attack of the Clones.

Sith was simply amazing!
    Empire Strikes Back was totally ruined by that retarded robot trying to be funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys realize that Harrison Ford even said the script for the originals was awful? George himself even agrees too but he was always to self conscious about giving the reins to someone else and if he did it was noted that he'd still do a lot of the work.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Also, the acting was worse in the original trilogy. C-3PO is more annoying than Jar-Jar, especially with his nonstop complaining near the end of Empire Strikes Back, which also happens to contain the cheesiest scene in all of Star Wars, "NOOOOOOOOO!" the movie that is generally accepted as the best of the series is by far my least favorite.
    And this is how you spot a Star Wars newb. The NOOOOO part in Episode VI was ADDED in Blu-ray edition in 2011 by retarded Lucas. The original movie and all the dvd editions till 2011 have this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BOQI-LAEzM

Seriously you just lost all your legitimacy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Attack of the Clones is tied for second best overall with A New Hope. Return of the Sith would probably be tied with Return of the Jedi or just below it. RotS had cool moments but the story and dialogue connecting them are really dumb. The deaths of Mace Windu and Padme make me want to stop watching because of how cringeworthy they are. That said, even though I liked those two, they felt unimaginative and all Lucas. I'm of the mind that the original trilogy benefited more from the other creative minds involved.

One thing I like that most people mock was the attempt at introducing politics and diplomacy. I don't have a problem with it in the SW universe, but it was handled poorly. At the very least the prequels gave us the Clone Wars cartoons, which were both fantastic.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2014-04-05 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mongoose I want you to name everything that was bad with the OT and then name everything that's good about it. List it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    I think Attack of the Clones is tied for second best overall with A New Hope. Return of the Sith would probably be tied with Return of the Jedi or just below it. RotS had cool moments but the story and dialogue connecting them are really dumb. The deaths of Mace Windu and Padme make me want to stop watching because of how cringeworthy they are. That said, even though I liked those two, they felt unimaginative and all Lucas. I'm of the mind that the original trilogy benefited more from the other creative minds who worked on it.

One thing I like that most people mock was the attempt at introducing politics and diplomacy. I don't have a problem with it in the SW universe, but it was handled so poorly. At the very least the prequels gave us the Clone Wars cartoons, which were both fantastic.
    I can agree the Mace Windu death scene was a bit ehhh? Weird. He goes in there, kicks Palpatine's ass and then gets outsmarted? He's a bloody Jedi Master and he was outsmarted that easily, baffling really.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    And this is how you spot a Star Wars newb. The NOOOOO part in Episode VI was ADDED in Blu-ray edition in 2011 by retarded Lucas. The original movie and all the dvd editions till 2011 have this scene:

No you didn't. The fact you are willing to insult him and insult Lucas to with buzzwords makes you lose your credibility. If I tried, I could look at all the flaws but honestly. Don't look for flaws in a movie when you go watch it. You just end up disappointing yourself.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No you didn't. The fact you are willing to insult him and insult Lucas to with buzzwords makes you lose your credibility. If I tried, I could look at all the flaws but honestly. Don't look for flaws in a movie when you go watch it. You just end up disappointing yourself.
    This one million and one times.

People who do that are pessimistic by nature and are just god awful to be around. That or they had an awesome childhood but didn't do anything to prepare for adult life and now look back on their childhood like golden years where they watched the Original Star Wars Trilogy 10 times a day.
    Hey everyone

Wrong movie bro.

Instead of calling out someone that's right why don't you make sure you're not making an idiot out of yourself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbjru5CQIW4

Deleted
    I'm pretty certain Revenge of the Sith was accepted, it was the other 2 that got completely slated. Especially The Phantom Menace which is such a terrible film with an annoying child lead and Jar Jar Binks.

The worst part of the entire series was the "NOOOOOOOOOO" line in RoS. I have no idea why they thought that would be a good idea.

As for the originals, like most old films, they are classics and the badness in them (acting, effects, dialogue) just gives them a "charm".
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2014-04-05 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    This one million and one times.

People who do that are pessimistic by nature and are just god awful to be around. That or they had an awesome childhood but didn't do anything to prepare for adult life and now look back on their childhood like golden years where they watched the Original Star Wars Trilogy 10 times a day.
    In fairness Starwars is not perfect. Neither is Nolan's Batman trilogy and I loved all of it. Sure I had some disagreements but you can still like it and be like "They could of done this."

There's not a lot of movies where I'm like "OMFG WTF ARE YOU DOING"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    Mongoose I want you to name everything that was bad with the OT and then name everything that's good about it. List it.

- - - Updated - - -

I can agree the Mace Windu death scene was a bit ehhh? Weird. He goes in there, kicks Palpatine's ass and then gets outsmarted? He's a bloody Jedi Master and he was outsmarted that easily, baffling really.
    I want go into details:

Bad about OT:
    - Ewoks
    - Plot holes like the deathstar's weak point but you barely pay attention to it

Good about OT:
    - acting, it wasn't superb but for Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie it was above average. And Ford was awesome as a rogue character
    - the action was paced in perfect matter
    - the characters had solid lines, nothing really cheesy
    - C3PO, R2D2 were funny and not annoying, really hard to pull off such characters in modern Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre
    - emotions, emotion and once more emtions emanating from characters and scenes
    - atmosphere thanks to great music and usage of models, scenography instead of green screen (which thank god wasn't around back then)
    - story that is really simple and yet drawing
    - mystery, not everything was explained - like the force. New trillogy fucked it over with midichlorians
    - epic characters like Vader, Boba Fett, Emperor, Jabba etc. The only character who I would consider epic in NT is Dooku and Mace Windu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    In fairness Starwars is not perfect. Neither is Nolan's Batman trilogy and I loved all of it. Sure I had some disagreements but you can still like it and be like "They could of done this."

There's not a lot of movies where I'm like "OMFG WTF ARE YOU DOING"
    I understood the point you were making, you can pull flaws from just about any product, film, game etc. but what's the point? You just ruin it for yourself.

There are things that are blatantly bad but many things are just railed for no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

I want go into details:

Bad about OT:
    - Ewoks

Good about OT:
    - acting, it wasn't superb but for Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie it was above average. And Ford was awesome as a rogue character
    - C3PO, R2D2 were funny and not annoying, really hard to pull off such characters in modern Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre
    - atmosphere thanks to great music and usage of models, scenography instead of green screen (which thank god wasn't around back then)
    - mystery, not everything was explained - like the force. New trillogy fucked it over with midichlorians
    - epic characters like Vader, Boba Fett, Emperor, Jabba etc. The only character who I would consider epic in NT is Dooku and Mace Windu
    Wait you don't like the force being explained more? I can agree to Dooku and Mace Windu being well done, in fact Christopher Lee is a bloody legend with the show he put on. I think many could argue there being not being cheesy lines in the OT, I remember my fair share (when I rewatched them) cheesy moments in the 4th movie. The way I feel about Star Wars is that for some reason, they get better as they go up in the line meaning 3 is better than 2 (separating the OT and prequels) and 6 is better than 4 and 5. It seems like Lucas gets a better idea of what to do along the road.
    Hey everyone

I want go into details:

Bad about OT:
    - Ewoks

Good about OT:
    And how exactly did the new trilogy "fuck it over" with midichlorians? Do you even know what midichlorians do? Did you pay one wit of attention to Qui-Gon's explanation? Think I found a Star Wars newb here.

C-3PO wasn't funny. You only think that because you saw it when you were a kid. If you grew up on Jar-Jar he'd be just as funny to you as 3PO is now. I think they both suck balls. In the original trilogy, the lines were cheesy as fuck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbjru5CQIW4

Listen..think before you speak; I'll list some things to give you peace of mind:
    Midi Chlorians
    Darth Maul
    JARJAR BINKS
    All gungans
    Hayden Christensen acting
    And, most importantly, George Lucas foolishly choosing to supervise writing and directing personally. (He did not direct the GOOD star wars movies)

Noone's denying they're pretty though, cool fights, LIAM NEESOn (who didnt read the script, it seems many others didn't either).

Suffer that line.

Whelp, I'm off to play more Dark Souls 2. I'll come back to this thread later if it's still going and if I feel like it. Wonder if I'll have received any more insults by then?

I liked the new ones. The only one I didn't like was the 2nd. The love story was painful to watch and by the time we got to the clones the movie ended. It was really a victim of the bad decision to make it about the events leading to the clone war instead of the war itself. The animated episodes that followed were great and really developed Skywalker. I enjoyed the first one more than most. I ignored jar jar, music was great and so were the battle scenes. The sabre fight at the end may be my favorite in the series.

PS I didn't like empire
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

I quite like the prequels, the originals isn't that great as people make it out to be. I mean it is pretty sad to see the Sith getting steamrolled by a small group of adventurers and ewoks, atleast in the prequels they showed that the sith were incredibly smart, manipulative and powerfull. If the prequels came first in 1978 and later on the ''originals'', people would've loved them the other way around.

Sigh. Apparently we can't critique anything because it may ruin something. Well there a lot of great movies. You know why they are great? Because their strengths outweigh their weaknesses.

The Prequels weaknesses do NOT outweigh it's strengths.

Explain to me how Boba Fett was an epic character in the movies? I think he had one line and then fell in a pit.....yeah that's epic am I right?

The Emperor in the original series was also a small role and the only way you can attach epic to him is if you simply like the villain roles. The Emperor's role in the prequels was expanded and handled pretty well in my opinion. The same can be said of Jabba, in the original movies he was only in ROTJ (he gets added scenes later), and don't think you could say he had a epic role in the movie. Pizza the hutt had a larger role in Spaceballs....

It just seems to me you are attaching the word "Epic" to characters you liked to play "Star Wars" with as a kid. In the words of Inigo Montoya "You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means."

Return of the Jedi fights were definitely choreographed, which I enjoyed compared to the horrible duel between obi wan and vader. There was good scenes in both sets, and cringeworthy moments in both. Biggest complaint I have for the prequels outside of PM is the relationship between Padme and Anakin, it seems forced and far fetched at times.
    Last edited by h8stylist; 2014-04-06 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by h8stylist View Post
    Explain to me how Boba Fett was an epic character in the movies? I think he had one line and then fell in a pit.....yeah that's epic am I right?
    1: Had a cool look
    2: Had a cool name
    3: Caught Han Solo
    4: Interacted with and spoke back to Darth Vader
    5: Died a disappointing death, leaving us wanting more

(EDIT: I will admit, with Boba Fett, its mostly the look. But given where it's gotten him in terms of fanbase and recognition, I think it was enough)

Since then he's been fleshed out a HELL of a lot too. Mind you, I do wish he didn't get a backstory in the prequels. Like Wolverine, I think he worked better when his past was a mystery. Some things are better left unknown.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2014-04-06 at 04:28 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom