Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    never heard of him...

lol @ Molyneux hate out of nowhere...probably because of Godus butthurt (or Fable which was almost entirely Microsoft's fault)...forgetting everything they did at Bullfrog/Lionhead.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    If he wants to make movies he should just make movies.
    Ever heard of someone named Uwe Boll?

This is truely a dark path to tread.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Esdese View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plot_hole
    Ok so now we established what a plot hole is.
    Here's one example in Beyond Two Souls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSSEm6tGsS8
    How did they escape? "They jumped off the truck", well how did they not get harmed by jumping off a truck moving in full speed?

Why were entities attacking Jodie as a girl in her sleep? How did they get into this world if they are supposedly only coming through contained rifts the government controls? How did Jodie end up in a desert at a Navajo ranch? How did Jodie go from being treated like an object by Ryan to being madly in love with him? This one is also jarring because you could treat Ryan like complete crap, but the game still decides to make your choices completely useless and make her fall in love with him, for no reason at all.

As with Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy:
    Why is the world getting colder? Why are people not freezing to death in extreme cold? Why did the main character suddenly get super powers? Why did the female police officer fall in love with the main character and have sex with him, one hour after they meet for the first time? How did the Mayan guy end up with superpowers?

Also whatever else was in this post that I missed. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post26326643

Yeah, "no plot holes" my ass. A writer is supposed to explain as much as possible when it comes to why, how, and/or when certain events happen. He also needs to explain why characters feel/choose like they do, or else the story stops making sense. David Cage is a shit writer.

And no, I did not play the games. I watched a playthrough for all of them. The "but you have to play the game to understand the story!" counter argument is useless when it comes to interactive movies.
    Everything you just pointed out as plot holes are explained, in great detail actually. Especially in Beyond: Two Souls. If you are going to use such blatant bs examples I'm not even going to take the time to retort.

You took the time to watch a play through of stories you think suck. LOL. You seriously watch 10 hour lets plays of story focused games that you don't like? No wonder you think there are plot holes, you didn't like the story so you where sleeping with your youtube open and consider it "watching" the game.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Everything you just pointed out as plot holes are explained, in great detail actually. Especially in Beyond: Two Souls. If you are going to use such blatant bs examples I'm not even going to take the time to retort.

You took the time to watch a play through of stories you think suck. LOL. You seriously watch 10 hour lets plays of story focused games that you don't like? No wonder you think there are plot holes, you didn't like the story so you where sleeping with your youtube open and consider it "watching" the game.
    "lol ur still wrong but i wont say y"
    Amazing counter there mate.

Deleted

Enlighten us oh master of Cage.

10+ Year Old Account

why would you not watch this trainwreck of a game?

It's hilariously bad, so of course people will watch it. I also really enjoy how you didn't explain the plot holes away at all

don't bother defending a game if you have no way to defend it. It's fine to like a game, but that doesn't mean it isn't shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like how his twists tend to involve straight out lying to the audience through gameplay mechanics.

Take the Shelby twist in Heavy Rain. You're telling me that a point-of-view character I'd been controlling for several hours, who's had multiple inner monologues about the case and his role in it, was lying to [I]himself[/I] the entire time? Not to me, but to himself? That's how you're going to get your big twist across, by assuming that the audience would give you enough credit as a storyteller to not pull stupid shit like that?

Cheap. That's the laziest sort of deflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    why would you not watch this trainwreck of a game?

It's hilariously bad, so of course people will watch it. I also really enjoy how you didn't explain the plot holes away at all

don't bother defending a game if you have no way to defend it. It's fine to like a game, but that doesn't mean it isn't shit.
    Like I said there is no need to explain a plot hole that is explained in 3 different chapters of Beyond Two Souls.

That is such an obvious troll attempt or flat out bullshit example of a plot hole that it's not worth addressing.

Now if you wanted to point out the Navajo chapter which actually does have room for argument on a plot hole you might get a debate. Your example just flat out showed your ignorance of the story, not my fault.

I also find it laughable that someone who spends 50% of their life watching anime is going to sit here and tell someone a story doesn't make sense or is shit.

But I forgot you watch 10 hour lets plays of "shit stories" on youtube as well, lmao.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-04-07 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    Like I said there is no need to explain a plot hole that is explained in 3 different chapters of Beyond Two Souls.

That is such an obvious troll attempt or flat out bullshit example of a plot hole that it's not worth addressing.

Now if you wanted to point out the Navajo chapter which actually does have room for argument on a plot hole you might get a debate. Your example just flat out showed your ignorance of the story, not my fault.

I also find it laughable that someone who spends 50% of their life watching anime is going to sit here and tell someone a story doesn't make sense or is shit.

But I forgot you watch 10 hour lets plays of "shit stories" on youtube as well, lmao.
    Clearly there is a need to explain it because you are the only person who can see this magical explanation.

OH WAIT! There is no explanation, you just can't handle the fact that people think a game(See; Interactive movie) you like is shit.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu Oshino View Post
    Clearly there is a need to explain it because you are the only person who can see this magical explanation.

OH WAIT! There is no explanation, you just can't handle the fact that people think a game you like is shit.
    Don't bother. He clearly won't respond with anything else other than "lol anime, lol wasting your time, lol obvious troll" instead of actually backing up his own posts.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2014-04-07 at 05:43 PM.

Because of his pretentiousness. He says things like "Mario is no video game!" while he makes something like Beyond: Two Souls which had a laughably bad story, terrible point and click gameplay (P&C's can be great if you do them well), and the player had virtually no say in the story despite his claims of your experience being tailored by your decisions, the ending cinematic you got was basically the extent of how you effected the story.
    Also he's kind of a creep. Had a huge scrap book of Ellen Page photos from her entire career/ personal life.
    Forgot to mention the fact that you can't fail in Beyond. It is impossible to die with the exception of a very few places. Didn't get away from the police dogs? That's okay it doesn't matter just shake the little guy off!. Got shot because you didn't move out of the water fast enough? That's okay just ignore the wound! No matter what, you'll end up where you're the game wants you to be and no where else.
    Most of the people who hate him never actually played his games and just like to call them movies with "crappy stories"
    You're projecting here.

Also his games keep selling over a million units and Sony keeps giving him $30+ mil budgets to make new games, obviously he is doing something right even if you don't like his style.
    Justin Beiber is a millionaire, money made off of something doesn't mean shit about its quality.
    Last edited by Romeothecat; 2014-04-07 at 05:51 PM.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esdese View Post
    Don't bother. He clearly won't respond with anything else other than "lol anime, lol wasting your time" to back up his own posts.
    Since when is attacking what a person watches considered an insult anyway? It's like the worst possible insult someone can ever make, "hurrhurr, ima make fun of what they watch, thatll show em".

I've never even heard of this person. I did like Indigo Prophecy though.

10+ Year Old Account

lol what

you're so backed into a corner it's hilarious. Where did you even get this anime shit? From the Sanic avatar? The fact that you can't seem to see the difference between a clearly joking sanic avatar and anime is probably why you can't tell David Cage games are shit.

It's the taste you can see

Hello friends. Please stay fluffy and nice when conversing with other posters. If you disagree with someones opinion, that's totally cool, just don't attack other posters because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hello friends. Please stay fluffy and nice when conversing with other posters. If you disagree with someones opinion, that's totally cool, just don't attack other posters because of it.
    If you think what edge posted is too long.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI
    Seems to me this one user that's religiously defending cage is just trying to salvage what little scrap his games can get after all.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Explain how these plot holes are explained then. We obviously wouldn't be calling them plot holes if we saw HOW THE FUCK they were explained in the game! Hell, another example from Heavy Rain, but this one's more about stupid plot ideas: The whole thing with Ethan blacking out and disappearing and then waking up with the origami figures was originally because after he was hit by that car that somehow killed his shielded son and not him was because Shelby was also there that day and they somehow developed a psychic link with one another, causing Ethan's blackouts and shit. However, this subplot was decided on being too outlandish and stupid, so they cut it, BUT THEY LEFT THE PART ABOUT ETHAN'S BLACKOUTS AND HIM WAKING UP WITH THE ORIGAMI FIGURES IN THE FUCKING GAME, CREATING A HUGE PLOT HOLE AND AN ENTIRE PART OF THE STORY THAT LEADS TO NOTHING! If that alone isn't stupid sounding enough, we could talk about other things like the twist ending of heavy rain or maybe the horrible pacing and illogical timeline scene arrangement of beyond: two souls or everything else wrong with it or the train wreck that is Fahrenheit/indigo prophecy.

Deleted
    this thread is like cycle of hate.
    jesus it's just a game, there are plenty worst games out there, and I don't see crusade against them like you guys do.
    Everyone i know who played Heavy Rain for example really liked it, and praised it for story elements.

Just play something else, geeeez.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    this thread is like cycle of hate.
    jesus it's just a game, there are plenty worst games out there, and I don't see crusade against them like you guys do.
    Everyone i know who played Heavy Rain for example really liked it, and praised it for story elements.

Just play something else, geeeez.
    Doesn't, make, it, good.

That is the argument, that's all there is to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Never heard of him.