Thread: Nagrand?

  1. #1

    Talking Nagrand?

    So now that alpha is up, are there any pictures of Nagrand? I'd love to see them!

  2. #2


    Don't think there's been anything else just yet

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Titan Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    11,209
    Sure is vibrant....

  5. #5
    It would would seem to be the less changed of all Outland zones but can't say till we see it

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    It would would seem to be the less changed of all Outland zones but can't say till we see it
    All zones were made from scratch for WoD. They probably used the old design docs as reference for Nagrand, but it's a completely new zone.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    All zones were made from scratch for WoD. They probably used the old design docs as reference for Nagrand, but it's a completely new zone.
    Least is the keyword. It's been changed of course, but from the looks of it on the map it's the one that looks most like it does now in Outland. Makes sense too, considering all the other places went through radical change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

  8. #8
    I'm hoping for a Alternate Draenor Durn the Hungerer getting about all "savage" like.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    All zones were made from scratch for WoD. They probably used the old design docs as reference for Nagrand, but it's a completely new zone.
    I'm not sure how legitimate the claim that it's "completely new" or "made from scratch" is if it's just largely a copy paste of the old zone. At the very least, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of imagination for the new Nagrand, unless the zone isn't finished yet.

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,098
    Here's a better picture of Nagrand.

    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  11. #11
    For some reason, the main page map is down, but the actual Nagrand map is different from the one posted here.

    EDIT: There, the new Nagrand. Thanks shoc.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Here's a better picture of Nagrand.

    The fact it actually has a complete Bay and river system, and there is nothing floating or deep gouges out of the ground around halla.
    Pretty much goes to show the idiots that are still saying Blizzard is bullshitting about it being built from scratch again, are well.. Idiots?
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

  13. #13
    I am Murloc! Rixis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    5,389
    The point of nagrand in outland was that is was largely untouched, uncorrupted.

    They've taken what was there, turned back time (like the villages being sacked etc), and added in more land (as obviously some land was lost in outland due to it floating etc.)

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    The fact it actually has a complete Bay and river system, and there is nothing floating or deep gouges out of the ground around halla.
    Pretty much goes to show the idiots that are still saying Blizzard is bullshitting about it being built from scratch again, are well.. Idiots?
    Basically this. I mean, it wouldn't even make sense if Outland Nagrand had a lake here, and a river there, and suddenly Draenor Nagrand was completely different for no reason. Villages like Halaa and Telaar and Garadar are still going to be there, but everything other than the layout of the geography is completely redone.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  15. #15
    But Garadar is gone... I thought it existed before the red pox epidemic. Looks like it didn't.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Basically this. I mean, it wouldn't even make sense if Outland Nagrand had a lake here, and a river there, and suddenly Draenor Nagrand was completely different for no reason. Villages like Halaa and Telaar and Garadar are still going to be there, but everything other than the layout of the geography is completely redone.
    Sure, but the issue then comes with people overplaying the "oh, it's all built from the ground up" hand like it's meaningful in the case of Nagrand. Let's just accept Nagrand for what it is: a zone that doesn't appear to take much effort to conceptualize and build, at least compared to a traditional zone. There does seem to be additional land near the Burning Legion and Kilsporrow Fortress areas, but there's no need to go overboard with using this stock line.

    I can build a Lego palace and you'd be impressed. You'd be much less impressed if I made a copy of it while looking at the old one and putting an extra few blocks to "raise the terrain."
    Last edited by Pennoyer; 2014-04-06 at 04:40 PM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    But Garadar is gone... I thought it existed before the red pox epidemic. Looks like it didn't.
    Most likely not finished yet, since the roads are there.

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! Rixis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    But Garadar is gone... I thought it existed before the red pox epidemic. Looks like it didn't.
    Look on the full scale (masssssssssssive image) on the front page, there's a small green square in the bottom left hand corner that looks like Garadar.

    Edit: this bit: http://i.imgur.com/6a8xKtU.png

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Look on the full scale (masssssssssssive image) on the front page, there's a small green square in the bottom left hand corner that looks like Garadar.

    Edit: this bit: http://i.imgur.com/6a8xKtU.png
    Maybe that's where a garrison goes?

  20. #20
    Halaa 2.0 coin farming inc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •