Thread: Diablo in WoW

Diablo in WoW

Is it just me or does the dark portal on Hellfire Peninsula actually have Diablos face on it? Im thinking of the right and left sides of the pillar laying ontop.

http://wowinthedetails.com/wp-conten...ark-Portal.jpg

Any thoughts on this matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly the same, but yeah, same company, so they do stuff like this.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Looks like a pit lord to me. Similar to diablo too though I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    I thought so too at start, but the horns are all wrong for it to be a pit lord.

similar to any demon with horns id say. I doubt its a reference to diablo tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    similar to any demon with horns id say. I doubt its a reference to diablo tbh.
    Well, no WoW demon has that angle on its horns. http://www.wowwiki.com/Demon

I honestly can only find Diablo himself with those type of horns. Thinking about Diablo 1 and 2 version.

it does look very similar to Diablo, and it wouldn't really surprise if it was meant to be, Blizzard loves to have a tons of inter franchise Easter eggs. And hey, us fans love to find them, heh.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Icaras what transmog is that.

I dont think its Diablo.

Firelands Warrior Tier is what I was wearing in my sig.

http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=932
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

The bigger question is where did the horde get the idea to model the 2 standing dudes after humans? Because as we can clearly see in the new draenor orc models: They never stood right up, they always got a hunchback.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    The bigger question is where did the horde get the idea to model the 2 standing dudes after humans? Because as we can clearly see in the new draenor orc models: They never stood right up, they always got a hunchback.
    Sarcasm or another poor soul that confuses lame budget driven ingame representation with lore?

Even then tho, I always wondered who those two figures are supposed to represent, either way they don't look very orcish to me. But then again this is probably just something the artist back in the RTS thought looked cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Sarcasm or another poor soul that confuses lame budget driven ingame representation with lore?

Even then tho, I always wondered who those two figures are supposed to represent, either way they don't look very orcish to me. But then again this is probably just something the artist back in the RTS thought looked cool.
    They look kinda like Necrolytes from Warcraft I (which makes sense). And not all orcs are that bulk super muscular type. And yeah, I want my orcs standing up like in WC1 - 3! ;(

Yeah...not exactly the same, but I can kinda see it.

Not unheard of. Blizzard loves easter eggs and references to their other games. Some are a bit more obscure and harder to spot than others. There's also a 1h mace in WoW called Wirt's Third Leg, which is a more obvious Diablo reference. There's also a mission in SC2 called Devil's Playground, where you can see Diablo himself standing on a little island near the bottom corner of the map. You can't select him, land near him, or interact with him in any way, but he's there.

I think my favorite was the Nova Shrine in Netherstorm. Sucked to be as excited as I was for Ghost, only for it to become vaporware. :|
    http://wowpedia.org/Nova_Shrine
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-04-06 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    Going with this as well.