Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can't install windows

Hey, so long story short, I had a virus on my ssd. Decided to reformat and reinstall windows. Did that but had corrupt dll files and was really limited (MSVR80/90 primarily, nothing fixed them), so after about two weeks I decided to do a secure erase and start over one more time. So here I am, with yet another problem.
    I put win7 iso on a flash drive and installed from there to my ssd. It went through steps 1 and 2 then did it's reboot, when it came back up I got this screen (before proceeding to step 3):

After a second reboot I get another error basically saying the same thing.
    Unfortunately, everytime I've tried installing I kept coming back to this. I decided to plug in my ancient HDD and try to install from there, I got the same deal. to be quite honest, I have absolutely no idea how to fix this, or what's going wrong. I was hoping I could get some help from you guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you getting the Win7 iso from, and how are you putting it on your flash drive?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

That's a very good question. lol.
    My friend sent me that particular iso, he said he had used it on his own computer and it works just fine, I trust him on these kinds of things so I know he wouldn't steer me wrong. Either way, I'm trying my old iso (tbh idr where I got that one either) which I know for a fact works because I've used it twice and had no problems either time. But I'll see if it's his iso that's messed up or if it's something else.
    I'm using Ultraiso to burn the image to my usb

He sent you the ISO or he sent you the thumb drive? You didn't tell us what you used to make the bootable thumb drive.

He sent me the iso. I'm using a scandisk cruzer glide 32gb (sry thought you meant the software to burn the image)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    He sent me the iso. I'm using a scandisk cruzer glide 32gb (sry thought you meant the software to burn the image)
    What program did you use to create the bootable media?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been able to get UltraISO or MagicISO or any of those to corrrectly get a bootable drive.

I just use the Windows DVD to USB tool for that.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

You should use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...usbdvd_dwnTool

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I've never been able to get UltraISO or MagicISO or any of those to corrrectly get a bootable drive.

I just use the Windows DVD to USB tool for that.
    Damn, you beat me to it.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gotten that error when one of my memory sticks were dying. After i removed the bad memory after a test it was able to install no problem at all or it might be the flash drive.

Alright, I tried the other ISO and same deal so as soon as my hdd finally boots up I'll try that software instead.

- - - Updated - - -

interesting. windows 7 usb/dvd tool doesn't recognize my flash drive. It says no compatible usb devices connected.
    plan b?

Alright, I tried the other ISO and same deal so as soon as my hdd finally boots up I'll try that software instead.

- - - Updated - - -

interesting. windows 7 usb/dvd tool doesn't recognize my flash drive. It says no compatible usb devices connected.
    plan b?
    It should recognize your usb. try plugging it in a different usb port and make sure it's formatted.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Nope, tried 3 different ports, reformatted, nada. Doesn't recognize it. Everything else on my computer does however.

We'll frist you cut a hole large enough, then build a double 2x4 frame where your going to put the window. Then place some sealant and prepare the panel.... Oh wait ...

You mean Microsoft windows. Sorry i use Linux...
    Rel on Economics: "I'd wager most AH transaction are buy to flip sales. In fact most of the gold made is fake transactions to drive prices higher. Kinda like the whole financial collapse 2009...just saying..."

I fail to see how your post is relevant to anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see how your post is relevant to anything.
    he's trying to be a smartass and make himself feel superior at the same by claiming to be using an inferior desktop OS

anyway, i have a how to over here

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    he's trying to be a smartass and make himself feel superior at the same by claiming to be using an inferior desktop OS

anyway, i have a how to over here

Actually it was a clever joke about how you have to build everything from scratch and it's a pain in the butt..
    Rel on Economics: "I'd wager most AH transaction are buy to flip sales. In fact most of the gold made is fake transactions to drive prices higher. Kinda like the whole financial collapse 2009...just saying..."

If everything fails, try Rufus! I never had any problems with it and it's easy as hell to use. If anything goes wrong it's not my fault! (j/k)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, tried 3 different ports, reformatted, nada. Doesn't recognize it. Everything else on my computer does however.
    http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-in...working-guide/

Here you go. This is what I always used and works flawless, on every USB stick.

Downside to it is that you have to manually copy everything, so that means you will have to use an ISO reader like Daemon Tools Lite to view the contents of it.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

I really dont think its a defective usb/installer. He said it already went to steps 1 and 2 ,reboot, so its on the part where its finalizing drivers and stuff. Try my suggestion

PnP (Plug and play) O/S = Yes

Some bios version set it to No as optimized defaults.