Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

PS4 broke for a second time

Whatever you guys do, do not get the PS4. This is the second time mine has broken for no apparent reason. I have no idea why, it just simply stopped working. The first time it broke i had to send it in, and i had to wait 3 weeks to get a new one. Now it has happened again, and now i have to pay $150 to get it repaired, because i lost the damn receipt.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix the blue light of death?

Bad luck. And complaining about paying $150 because you lost the receipt ...lol. Nobody's fault but your own. Be more responsible.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctredors View Post
    Whatever you guys do, do not get the PS4. This is the second time mine has broken for no apparent reason. I have no idea why, it just simply stopped working. The first time it broke i had to send it in, and i had to wait 3 weeks to get a new one. Now it has happened again, and now i have to pay $150 to get it repaired, because i lost the damn receipt.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix the blue light of death?
    First off you lost the receipt that is ur own fault. Second you just have bad luck there is many who have had no problems out of there Ps4 so just because you did dose not mean people should not buy them..

Third I have had mine for a month and a guy I know has had his since dec and both work fine no problems. So as I said ur problem dose not cover all other consoles.

Happy you got it fixed but its ur fault they charged u since u lost the receipt.

The Blue Light of Death is overheating send it in.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    The console got fairly good rating on amazon, so you're retarded for saying that ppl shouldnt buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks. I stay away from the new gen consoles for a while after release to avoid these kind of things. And if possible buy from a place that keeps records of your purchase, amazon, gamestop, microcenter etc. Most places do these days.

Just sounds like bad luck, my friend. Millions have been sold - some are bound to have technical problems. Not to mention the system is relatively new, a few things probably need to be hammered out. Plus, while unfortunate, you did lose the receipt.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Man, I'm still waiting for my PS3 to get fixed. It YLOD'd in July last year, took a month to repair, YLOD again in September, took two months to repair, YLOD again in January and went out of the original repair's warranty, which is BS because they never really fixed it.

Blue light is overheating? Oh god, I thought the PS4 was meant to run cooler than the PS3..

Same thing happened to me about a week ago just as I was starting MGS 5. PS4s are really pieces of junk

But I must buy one OP. I must buy one to play KHIII.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Same thing happened to me about a week ago just as I was starting MGS 5. PS4s are really pieces of junk
    That's bullshit. If those really were pieces of junk no one would buy one and Sony wouldnt make a console like that, because repairing and/or replacing those would cost shitloads of money. http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/20/xb...ame-red-rings/ I highly doubt they want to go through same shit. Microsoft was fortunate that they had lots of cash reserves, but Sony would be totally fucked up if shit like that happened. http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4...upt-62125.html
    Last edited by mmoc8eb592856e; 2014-04-06 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    First off you lost the receipt that is ur own fault. Second you just have bad luck there is many who have had no problems out of there Ps4 so just because you did dose not mean people should not buy them..

Third I have had mine for a month and a guy I know has had his since dec and both work fine no problems. So as I said ur problem dose not cover all other consoles.

Happy you got it fixed but its ur fault they charged u since u lost the receipt.

The Blue Light of Death is overheating send it in.
    Yeah I'm sending it in next week, my shipping box should arrive Wednesday or Thursday. Hopefully Wednesday, so they can receive the console Friday. The warehouse is very close to where i live. Going to send the box the very day i recieve it. They should receive the box Monday next week, that will give them 5 business days. So I'm looking at 3 weeks here for repairs.

Now I'm going to suck at CoD, just finally when i was starting to get better my PS4 broke lol.

Seriously don't get what people expect from such a product.

Sony used to be an icon of product quality, but that simply hasn't been the case for the last 5 or 10 years. I personally think they've spread their business model far too thin.

I also hear their line of DSLR cameras and lenses suffered major issues with ghosting and chromatic aberration early on.

Which is sad because I grew up in the age of the Sony "Walkman" and those things were boss. So it's hard for me to say it but those days are long behind them and frankly if there's anything Sony designs and manufactures, there's another company out there that does it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    if there's anything Sony designs and manufactures
    To be fair anything especially on the console market isn't exactly up to the highest standards in regards to quality. That crap is produced to be as cheap as possible and everything is manufactured by pretty much the same handful of shitty companies anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Sony used to be an icon of product quality, but that simply hasn't been the case for the last 5 or 10 years.
    That's how market economy works. Sony also have to cut costs somewhere when there's other companies now on market too who constatly cut costs and if Sony wants to be in the market, they have to cut costs too, otherwise they end up bankcrupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have an Xbone and PS4... Both work great... At least a week ago, when I last used either....
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    That's how market economy works. Sony also have to cut costs somewhere when there's other companies now on market too who constatly cut costs and if Sony wants to be in the market, they have to cut costs too, otherwise they end up bankcrupt.
    To be fair though, some of the markets they are involved in are specialty markets where people demand quality over cost saving all the time.

Such as digital photography. Sure, there's people who would rather save a buck than have a quality product, but that's who shitty point and shoot "20 megapixels even though 50% of the pixels are just errant noise" 100 dollar idiot cams are for.

Professional photographers would rather spend 5 grand on their equipment and know they'll get good shots.

And the average age of a gamer is up to 35 now. So it's not like back in the arcade days when the average gamer was 20 years old, and could only afford to buy a game 3 lives at a time for 25 cents. Most gamers can front bigger dollars for higher quality now. Unfortunately gamers aren't being given quality all the time.

I mean, Sony pissed a lot of people off with the launch MSRP for PS3, and was probably trying to undercut the Xbone with their 399 MSRP for the PS4, but the fact is they just ended up pissing a lot more people off with the fact that said MSRP didn't put them in a position to even manufacture enough to meet consumer demand. It's been out how long? and only now stores are actually starting to keep stock for more than a couple of seconds.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2014-04-06 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    That's bullshit. If those really were pieces of junk no one would buy one and Sony wouldnt make a console like that, because repairing and/or replacing those would cost shitloads of money. http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/20/xb...ame-red-rings/ I highly doubt they want to go through same shit. Microsoft was fortunate that they had lots of cash reserves, but Sony would be totally fucked up if shit like that happened. http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4...upt-62125.html
    Someone doesn't remember the PS2.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/son.../1100-6139482/
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

It sucks that you've had bad experience with your PS4. Understandable that you don't want to do business with them again after your bad luck. But honestly, you can't speak for everyone. PS4's for the most part have been holding up well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a still working Gen 1 PSX, one of the clips on the disk spinner is broken but it still works flawlessly. I also have a Gen 1 DAY ONE PS2 that is in perfect condition and also works flawlessly.

A friend of mine went through 4 PSX's and 3 PS2's, that was just bad luck as neither he nor i used our machines to excess or treated them like shit, knocking them about and causing damage.

Just because you have had bad luck with your PS4 means jack shit, as there are going to be plenty of people who will have fully working machines a decade from now.