Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Yeah, you're clueless.

    You cannot change into or out of this stance during combat.

    That's the difference.

    /thread, get lost.
    What a dumb response. Regardless of whatever point you made, you come off as a huge idiot with that attitude.

  2. #102
    High Overlord az2d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    If I'm clueless, then you must be illiterate because I specifically mentioned that in my post. Doesn't change the fact that they are able to tank and reasonably dps in one spec with one set of glyphs and gear, the same way we used to bearcat.
    how can you even compare that ? the warrior thing is stuck in that stance, it doesn't change and can't change, yet ur bearcat can do whatever it want, shift into bear for melee heavy fights or just go cat for dps or just go lolz throw some heals, CC and travel form run away lols :S ur comparing santa to the easter bunny
    90 Warrior | 90 Priest | 90 Shaman | 90 Druid | 90 Hunter | 90 Death Knight | 90 Mage | 90 Paladin | 90 Rogue | 90 Monk |
    90 Warlock | For The Horde!

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Better than nothing.

    You are there to tank, off DPS is just a bonus and not a necessity.
    Which is why it's not comparable. A warrior in gladiator stance is not there to tank and is in fact entire incapable of it, he's full time dps.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Which is why it's not comparable. A warrior in gladiator stance is not there to tank and is in fact entire incapable of it, he's full time dps.
    Which is also way it should no be in prot spec but should be in a new Gladiator Spec.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Which is also way it should no be in prot spec but should be in a new Gladiator Spec.
    And now we are back at the issue being the 3second cast?

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by reebelraabel View Post
    And now we are back at the issue being the 3second cast?
    No, we are back to the issue of them having 2 specs in 1 allowing them to effectively tri-spec while everyone else just has dual spec and to top it off, it actually converts their stats over so they don't even have to regear or regem to do it right.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    No, we are back to the issue of them having 2 specs in 1 allowing them to effectively tri-spec while everyone else just has dual spec and to top it off, it actually converts their stats over so they don't even have to regear or regem to do it right.
    I think you're still making a mountain out of a molehill. They can never benefit from both "specs" while in-combat which is the only thing that matters for gameplay purposes. All this does is save a Protection Warrior time from visiting a trainer if they absolutely needed their current 2 spec choices.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    No, we are back to the issue of them having 2 specs in 1 allowing them to effectively tri-spec while everyone else just has dual spec and to top it off, it actually converts their stats over so they don't even have to regear or regem to do it right.
    Whats your point? Can a warrior be a healer or a range dd with that? no he can't. The roles are melee and tank, no matter if he can choose 3 or even 4 specs. Think of it as a cat not relying on bleeds but on direct damage ... maybe little different gameplay but no big deal.

    And stat conversion is available to everyone in wod. So this doesn't matter. And it's far away from saying the stats you prefer are the same for tanking and doing damage in gladi stance.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I think you're still making a mountain out of a molehill. They can never benefit from both "specs" while in-combat which is the only thing that matters for gameplay purposes. All this does is save a Protection Warrior time from visiting a trainer if they absolutely needed their current 2 spec choices.
    Not making a mountain out of a molehill. Never said it was Overpowered, said it was a slap in the face to feral given it's past and said it is UNFAIR to every other class unless they get similar treatment.

    Now, if they allowed it to be used in combat, THEN it would overpowered, especially since warriors won't even have to warrior about changing gear or rotating talent points to do it right like feral did (And we couldn't change gear in combat or rotate our talent points and were not 100% unless we did both) . But that doesn't change the fact they are effectively giving warriors tri-spec while giving everyone else the middle finger in this regard.

    Like I said, they can give them Gladiator SPEC and most would be just fine with it, but not Gladiator STANCE in Prot Spec, that is crossing lines.

  10. #110
    Gladiator Stance is like moonkin spec for druids.

    You cannot switch out of it when you are playing and in combat.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    No, we are back to the issue of them having 2 specs in 1 allowing them to effectively tri-spec while everyone else just has dual spec and to top it off, it actually converts their stats over so they don't even have to regear or regem to do it right.
    Its funny, druids effectively have an extra spec so it balances out.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Gladiator Stance is like moonkin spec for druids.

    You cannot switch out of it when you are playing and in combat.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Its funny, druids effectively have an extra spec so it balances out.
    Not really, still only spec 2 at once.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Not really, still only spec 2 at once.
    not optimal though. You wouldnt not want to wear gear with dodge on it, as a dps prot warrior. Its like a tanking feral druid, or dpsing as guardian. I guess by two specs in one, you mean save the trip to the trainer.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Gladiator Stance is like moonkin spec for druids.

    You cannot switch out of it when you are playing and in combat.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Its funny, druids effectively have an extra spec so it balances out.
    Never said we had a problem with Warriors getting a 4th spec, I actually said that would be welcome.

    What Warriors are getting is like if they merged Balance and Restoration druids and gave them both forms but you could only shift between them when out of combat (But still have the root break) and had the same stat priorities.

    Can you imagine the crying if that happened?

    If this was Gladiator SPEC this wouldn't be an issue, the fact of the matter is they are giving them DPS spec baked into Tank spec with 100% shared gear that is the issue.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    not optimal though. You wouldnt not want to wear gear with dodge on it, as a dps prot warrior. Its like a tanking feral druid, or dpsing as guardian. I guess by two specs in one, you mean save the trip to the trainer.
    They are removing dodge rating from gears to keep the static avoidance low and Gladiator stance converts block stats to DPS stats.

    It is 2 specs in one that gives them tri-spec.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Not making a mountain out of a molehill. Never said it was Overpowered, said it was a slap in the face to feral given it's past and said it is UNFAIR to every other class unless they get similar treatment.

    Now, if they allowed it to be used in combat, THEN it would overpowered, especially since warriors won't even have to warrior about changing gear or rotating talent points to do it right like feral did (And we couldn't change gear in combat or rotate our talent points and were not 100% unless we did both) . But that doesn't change the fact they are effectively giving warriors tri-spec while giving everyone else the middle finger in this regard.

    Like I said, they can give them Gladiator SPEC and most would be just fine with it, but not Gladiator STANCE in Prot Spec, that is crossing lines.
    Again: who cares? A warrior has two possibilities of meleeing and one of tanking. Whats the gain? You don't need to change talent for bear or cat too. Depending on fight and raid preferences every talent has its niche. I'm sure there will be fights a prot warrior switches to one of ther other talents too. So why bother?

    Let me ask you: Do you want to have another melee spec as druid? If your answer is no then stop discussing this. It's the same for Locks tanking glyph. Nobody cried omg give them a fourth spec instead of this glyph. And druids are the only class having 4 specs while every other class has only 3 ... do other classes complain about it?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    What Warriors are getting is like if they merged Balance and Restoration druids and gave them both forms but you could only shift between them when out of combat (But still have the root break) and had the same stat priorities.

    Can you imagine the crying if that happened?
    Yeah i can ... all those owl throwing in some cross healing into the raid will start to cry. Cats and Bears are working with the same gear too. We don't know anything about how gearing will work in wod. BUT you do complain about it right now. Defensive Stats will go away. So yeah prot warriors will be using the same off gear druids use since classic. But image for tanking mastery is the best stat to get. But for going dps in gladi stance its crit or maybe even haste.

  15. #115
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Never said we had a problem with Warriors getting a 4th spec, I actually said that would be welcome.

    What Warriors are getting is like if they merged Balance and Restoration druids and gave them both forms but you could only shift between them when out of combat (But still have the root break) and had the same stat priorities..

    It is 2 specs in one that gives them tri-spec.
    No, it isn't, because you're confusing "spec" with "role." They are still prot warriors using the prot warrior "kit" (one button changes into a different ability, though) but they are using that spec to do something different. Cats and bears play like two different specs.

    Put differently, if assuming a different role in one spec is like having access to tri-spec, then hunters, rogues, mages, and warlocks only have one spec, because their role never changes regardless of spec. Feel free to object to the idea of prot DPS happening outside of a fourth spec (I don't), but you can't base it on the idea that it amounts to tri-spec.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by d2klein View Post
    It's the same for Locks tanking glyph. Nobody cried omg give them a fourth spec instead of this glyph. And druids are the only class having 4 specs while every other class has only 3 ... do other classes complain about it?
    Are you serious right here? Really?

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorelei View Post
    No, it isn't, because you're confusing "spec" with "role." They are still prot warriors using the prot warrior "kit" (one button changes into a different ability, though) but they are using that spec to do something different. Cats and bears play like two different specs.

    Put differently, if assuming a different role in one spec is like having access to tri-spec, then hunters, rogues, mages, and warlocks only have one spec, because their role never changes regardless of spec. Feel free to object to the idea of prot DPS happening outside of a fourth spec (I don't), but you can't base it on the idea that it amounts to tri-spec.
    Its another in its own way, as in they will play differently than how a prot warrior plays entirely.

    Just think of it like this, at level 100, warriors have 3 DPS specs and 1 tanking spec to choose from.
    Druids currently have 2 DPS specs, 1 healing spec, and 1 tanking spec to choose from.

    The only thing warriors get over druids? The save in time time to respec your role at the trainer, thats it. They will not be doing DPS in prot, with the talent, in tanking gear. They would want a crit neck, not a dodge neck, they would want to focus on strength over stamina. They would need their own gear set to be considered for a DPS spot in raids, with the extra benefit of a extra prot warrior tank helping out with, still sub optimal dps, on fights that dont need him to tank.

    How about this, give up your flying form and travel form, then I guess you can have your change your role from DPS to tank button at the cost of 1 dust & a change in gear. What this essentially does is that it gives warriors flavor, all they really gain for their new dps is a saved trip to the trainer.

  18. #118
    You keep mention dodge, the dodge stat is gone from gear.

  19. #119
    Herald of the Titans Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,735
    Its awesome because I've always wanted to be a dps with a shield; ever since Wrath where I used to oneshot kids with my shield slams...
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by d2klein View Post
    Again: who cares? A warrior has two possibilities of meleeing and one of tanking. Whats the gain? You don't need to change talent for bear or cat too. Depending on fight and raid preferences every talent has its niche. I'm sure there will be fights a prot warrior switches to one of ther other talents too. So why bother?

    Let me ask you: Do you want to have another melee spec as druid? If your answer is no then stop discussing this. It's the same for Locks tanking glyph. Nobody cried omg give them a fourth spec instead of this glyph. And druids are the only class having 4 specs while every other class has only 3 ... do other classes complain about it?
    Now they have 3 possibilities of melee and 1 tank with the benefit of the tanking spec also being a DPS spec and they are going to end up attempting to make it DPS viable. And actually you did need to change spec for cat and bear, that is why they have guardian and feral spec and during the older expansions you had to change spec to do it right or else you lagged behind the ones who did considerably and were not viable in raids at the upper tiers.

    And to answer your question, I wouldn't mind a new DPS spec and in the heart of this one, I would say give a level 100 talent for Guardian druids to turn their Bear into a rage using DPS. Then our bear form can be 2 specs in one as well.

    Yeah i can ... all those owl throwing in some cross healing into the raid will start to cry. Cats and Bears are working with the same gear too. We don't know anything about how gearing will work in wod. BUT you do complain about it right now. Defensive Stats will go away. So yeah prot warriors will be using the same off gear druids use since classic. But image for tanking mastery is the best stat to get. But for going dps in gladi stance its crit or maybe even haste.
    NOW they use the same gear but different specs (which is what we suggest for warriors) before that, they had to use dual spec as there were too many talents to get them all and do it viably and before that we had to gear different and even in TBC, you had to spec different to DPS at endgame which cost you tanking talents.

    And they are adding your crit block chance into your crit chance so they will still be DPSing in Tank gear, they won't be changing to DPS offsets like druids did with tanking offsets in the past.

    Read the talent before commenting on it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorelei View Post
    No, it isn't, because you're confusing "spec" with "role." They are still prot warriors using the prot warrior "kit" (one button changes into a different ability, though) but they are using that spec to do something different. Cats and bears play like two different specs.

    Put differently, if assuming a different role in one spec is like having access to tri-spec, then hunters, rogues, mages, and warlocks only have one spec, because their role never changes regardless of spec. Feel free to object to the idea of prot DPS happening outside of a fourth spec (I don't), but you can't base it on the idea that it amounts to tri-spec.
    No, I am not, a spec is a role, or else we would still have feral spec, but since feral spec was 2 roles, they divided it up. 1 spec == 1 role or at least that is blizzards logic, just look at the description of the specs and they tell you the role of that spec.

    As a gladiator warrior, they are assuming a totally different role that is opposite what the intended role is. It is it's own spec they are trying to roll into another.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •