Balance dps is low, new to balance

I made my druid in WoTLK and he was resto ( SOOO hard back then ) and just ended up getting him to 85 in cata and playing for all of a week or two. Then I level'd him to 90 and yet again hardly touch him.
    So last night I decided I would pick this guy back up (got him to 90 and thats about it) and have been trying to play him. I seem to be doing lower dps than what seems right for my ilvl 515 (80k ish) on a training dummy.
    When I looked at my logs I noticed im doing pretty poorly keeping my dots up (90% uptime) which I should be better at because I main an spriest, but it seems so much more awkward keeping them up on a boomkin. Any tips? I really enjoy this toon but if it stays this low I may have to go find another one.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...5v7/details/8/
    Any hints and tricks?

Oh and how do I get the rng gods to stop procing shooting stars half a second before starsurge is off cd? That happens to me a lot on my priest as well with divine insight procs rnjesus hates me.

Anyways please forgive my lack of skill, started to play him last night.

Can you link your armory please?
    “It is either easy or impossible.” - Salvador Dali

WoW characters:
    Blitzo[Warrior] -Rex[Hunter] -Jax [Warlock] -
    Gluttony [Mage]

Sorry about that

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...weixiao/simple

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I know my hit and haste are off atm just got new bracers and have not reforged yet

Start using AMR to start with basic reforging and itemization. (Use Tier 15 and lower, as you don't have any set bonuses or the meta/cloak.)

I was going to say that weapons make the difference with boomkins, as well as crit, but you have a 569 BoA weapon.

Just need to fine tune a few things. Practice at a training dummy or in LFR to get the grove of things. Getting Weakauras for your dots and trinkets will help with uptime as well as dps.
    “It is either easy or impossible.” - Salvador Dali

WoW characters:
    Blitzo[Warrior] -Rex[Hunter] -Jax [Warlock] -
    Gluttony [Mage]

90% uptime on DoTs is fine really, especially on a dummy. The main problem I see with the log you provided is that you didn't use Celestial Alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    90% uptime on DoTs is fine really, especially on a dummy. The main problem I see with the log you provided is that you didn't use Celestial Alignment.
    Thanks, that was a decent dps boost shocked I missed that I had that.

I have heard conflicting advice recently at my Ilvl is it better to start going into a lunar or solar eclipse? I mean with solar I can pop star fall and I will have it back up pretty fast but with lunar I will have trinket procs and everything for some big crits on starfire.

Judging from that post you seem to now know much about what you're meant to be doing. Perhaps you should read a guide then ask for help once you actually know what you're meant to be doing.