Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    no you dont see whats happening here, gladiator stance WILL allow you to swap stances during compbat, becase all warriors will now QQ it makes no sence to have a stance that you cannot change and that it is useless, becase if you know you are going to dps at the moment of the pull, then why didnt you spec dps in the first place

so blizzard will remove the requirement and warriros will be the new bear cats
    Not going to happen. Celestalon has already stated that the intent is that you click it to be full blown DPS and no redos while in combat.

Isn't that what Heart of the Wild is for?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    It is essentially quite similar to Bear-Cat, especially when you take into account that ALL tanks will be using dps gear in WoD. Yes, they can not change in or out of the stance during combat, but they also do not need to worry about changing specs, glyphs, or gear to utilize this either. I know most people don't care, I know for years I detested being a Bearcat and often forced into the OT role because of it but 'the grass isn't always greener', and I miss Feral being one spec. We gained absolutely nothing in the split, but lost our versatility and our identity imo.
    Even though they wear DPS gear, tanks will do like 75% of what a DPS does in equivalent gear. So this talent basically makes up the difference.

We'll see what it's like when it goes live. It's only alpha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Now, why does this talent even exist? My guess is, you should be able to swap into DPS if you want to without waiting for a 2h weapon loot. Just look at feral / guardians, the only difference (well now atleast and it will change to easier in WoD) are gems / reforge / enchants. But most gears (except Tier sets) and even weapon (to some extend trinket, like agility ones) can be used for both speccs.
    Come to think of it, with reforge gone, gems and enchants rare and no more tank stats on main gear (if they're making armour on rings or something like SPI? Not sure) a Bear in Cat form is mostly only missing specific cat spec talents.

So I guess it's not that different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will make my Warrior more fun no doubt. I'm still not over the loss of bearcat, but the two are nowhere near similar.

Deleted
    If you actually looked it up before deciding to be upset about it, you'd realize it's not at all the same thing, you can't change from glad stance in combat.

I think there is another big difference.

With bearcat, a druid was able to tank and do reasonable dps. A protection warrior might be able to to the same. Both classes with one spec.

BUT:

Druids were able to have a second spec which allowed them to cover a third role. Warriors are not. A Druid could be bearcat, covering two roles and have a second spec as a healer (or maybe ranged dps). A warrior also has the option to have a second spec, but this can only be one role he already covers. Melee dps.

I don´t think they would anyone want to have to be able to cover 3 roles with 2 specs and perform like a main spex with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmion View Post
    I think there is another big difference.

With bearcat, a druid was able to tank and do reasonable dps. A protection warrior might be able to to the same. Both classes with one spec.

BUT:

Druids were able to have a second spec which allowed them to cover a third role. Warriors are not. A Druid could be bearcat, covering two roles and have a second spec as a healer (or maybe ranged dps). A warrior also has the option to have a second spec, but this can only be one role he already covers. Melee dps.

I don´t think they would anyone want to have to be able to cover 3 roles with 2 specs and perform like a main spex with it.
    This guy makes a good point.

The only point of this is because all the other tanking classes use the same weapon to tank and to dps (monks, blood dks, druids). So now warriors don't need to regear to do dps as main spec prot.

Here's now what happens:

> bring a prot warrior, he can tank or melee dps (changing out of combat)
    > bring a blood dk, he can tank or melee dps (changing out of combat)
    > bring a paladin, he can tank or heal (changing out of combat)
    > bring a monk, he can tank or melee dps or heal (changing out of combat)
    > bring a druid, he can tank or melee dps or heal or ranged dps (changing out of combat)

Seems fine.
    Last edited by mmoc4c369d948d; 2014-04-08 at 11:48 AM.

This how Protection warriors should be. Having Strong Defense while being able to also deal good damage. The DPS form Gladiator Stance should good but sub-par to True melee dps's. Don't want the shit were Tanks are really DPS/Tank Hybrid in one Spec because of Vengeance. Likewise I would love to see Melee DPS's having some Off-tanking potential Because I believe them to be as fragile as caster's and that armor have no real value anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    This guy makes a good point.

The only point of this is because all the other tanking classes use the same weapon to tank and to dps (monks, blood dks, druids). So now warriors don't need to regear to do dps as main spec prot.

Here's now what happens:

> bring a prot warrior, he can tank or melee dps (changing out of combat)
    > bring a blood dk, he can tank or melee dps (changing out of combat)
    > bring a monk, he can tank or melee dps or heal (changing out of combat)
    > bring a druid, he can tank or melee dps or heal or ranged dps (changing out of combat)

Seems fine.
    Did they delete paladins or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Goranus View Post
    This how Protection warriors should be. Having Strong Defense while being able to also deal good damage. The DPS form Gladiator Stance should good but sub-par to True melee dps's. Don't want the shit were Tanks are really DPS/Tank Hybrid in one Spec because of Vengeance. Likewise I would love to see Melee DPS's having some Off-tanking potential Because I believe them to be as fragile as caster's and that armor have no real value anymore.
    From what I've heard gladiator is going to be full blown 100% dps comparable to arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Oops.

But atm Paladins don't have any way to dps with a shield or tank with a 2-hander, so I guess they can just be healer/tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    Oops.

But atm Paladins don't have any way to dps with a shield or tank with a 2-hander, so I guess they can just be healer/tank?

And they should allow sword & board paladin dps along with 2-h tank for paladins. Have a talent that converts Holy > Shockadin, Prot > DPS, Ret > Tank all thru similar system warriors are getting. Want more tanks, mix up the bag

Deleted
    It's like we don't have HOTW for such situations...

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It's like a 6 minute cd, 45 second duration ability compares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    "Ok for this boss, mr durid, can you go dps?"

"sure i'll just pop hotw on pull, let's make sure we kill him real fast"

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Not going to happen. Celestalon has already stated that the intent is that you click it to be full blown DPS and no redos while in combat.
    Then they should have made it Warrior SPEC #4.

Making it a stance is giving them tri-spec with a huge, never ending outcry to make it where they can change in combat for as long as they keep this. If the developers have even 1 brain cell to think about this on, the will either make it a spec or get rid of it entirely. I prefer it become a spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Then they should have made it Warrior SPEC #4.

Making it a stance is giving them tri-spec with a huge, never ending outcry to make it where they can change in combat for as long as they keep this. If the developers have even 1 brain cell to think about this on, the will either make it a spec or get rid of it entirely. I prefer it become a spec.
    Gonna be crying anyways, incoming legions from other classes asking for their fourth spec.

From what I've heard gladiator is going to be full blown 100% dps comparable to arms.
    If that'; the case then Gladiator Stance's Dps bonus should be lowered. Like I said I like the fact that Proc Warriors are get a proper dps stance in god know's how long. But getting too much DPs would just make OP which ain't cool

Quote Originally Posted by Goranus View Post
    If that'; the case then Gladiator Stance's Dps bonus should be lowered. Like I said I like the fact that Proc Warriors are get a proper dps stance in god know's how long. But getting too much DPs would just make OP which ain't cool
    It's effectively a fourth spec without a cast time, the stance cannot be switched in combat so the prot is either full tank OR full dps for that fight. That's not op, just kind of weird they'd do this since I think it's gonna cause hysteria with other classes.

Gonna be crying anyways, incoming legions from other classes asking for their fourth spec.
    For some, yes.

But as much as you would think.

Mage: Already have a spec each of the 3 elements they cast.
    Warlock: Already have a spec for each of the 3 things they really do unless they want to become the demon and become a tanking spec. No many do.
    Shaman: Already have one for the main things you could think to do unless they want another crack at turning them into tanks.
    Rogues: Already have a spec for the 3 areas they can have them in unless they want to become a surgeon and get a healing spec.
    Priest: ALready have a spec for the areas they can do. Nowhere really for them to grow.
    Monk: Never played this expansion so don't know.
    Hunter: Same as the rest unless you want to have them turn into the pet entirely and tank.
    Death Knight: Never played as one so can't say.

The only one who could really and rightfully ask for a 4th spec at this point would be paladins asking for a 4th spec to DPS with a sword and shield, same as warriors.

Deleted
    It's like a 6 minute cd, 45 second duration ability compares.
    Better than nothing.

You are there to tank, off DPS is just a bonus and not a necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Yeah, you're clueless.

You cannot change into or out of this stance during combat.

That's the difference.

/thread, get lost.
    What a dumb response. Regardless of whatever point you made, you come off as a huge idiot with that attitude.