Smile Path of Mists in PVP

so I've been reading the mistweaver changes for WoD and it's obviously a lot different than it is right now. there are a lot of weird, probably negative changes, such as ring of peace DRing with paralysis and losing grapple weapon + disable. but after reading about path of mists, i think it could be very beneficial to us mistweavers in pvp! reading the forums, all the mistweavers seem to think this talent is total garbage, but i think they're only raiders, so they don't realize its potency in arenas and bgs.

this feels like it could be a really powerful talent. i'm wondering, will these healing spheres be healing us automatically if we're getting trained? if so, i think the mistweaver playstyle in pvp could be similar to what it is right now, except less awkward and clunky since we won't be awkwardly positioning our mouse to place the spheres since they'd be cast automatically. in arenas, i think that we'd pop tiger's lust/engineering boots and tell our partners to run over the path to get healed. it seems like it may have a lot of potential to be viable.

i don't see us ever using crane stance in pvp. so, what do you guys think? i'm mainly theorizing the possibilities of path of mists, but still, in general, what do you guys see for mistweaver pvp in 6.0? the mistweaver threads are pretty much only talking about raiding. with so much cc being taken out, our mobility, instant transcendence, and other new stuff, maybe mistweavers won't be screwed after all. everyone seems to think we'll be interrupt candy and whatnot, but i'm intrigued to see how it plays out. i think with path of mists possibly being passive healing sphere spam, maybe being trained will focus on using detonate chi, using our instants to build chi and use enveloping mist, and using a hell of a lot of thunder focus tea so we can get 10 free seconds of no interrupts.

anyways, i'm rambling now...what do you guys think? i haven't seen much, if any, speculation about future mistweaver pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    so I've been reading the mistweaver changes for WoD and it's obviously a lot different than it is right now. there are a lot of weird, probably negative changes, such as ring of peace DRing with paralysis and losing grapple weapon + disable. but after reading about path of mists, i think it could be very beneficial to us mistweavers in pvp! reading the forums, all the mistweavers seem to think this talent is total garbage, but i think they're only raiders, so they don't realize its potency in arenas and bgs.

this feels like it could be a really powerful talent. i'm wondering, will these healing spheres be healing us automatically if we're getting trained? if so, i think the mistweaver playstyle in pvp could be similar to what it is right now, except less awkward and clunky since we won't be awkwardly positioning our mouse to place the spheres since they'd be cast automatically. in arenas, i think that we'd pop tiger's lust/engineering boots and tell our partners to run over the path to get healed. it seems like it may have a lot of potential to be viable.

i don't see us ever using crane stance in pvp. so, what do you guys think? i'm mainly theorizing the possibilities of path of mists, but still, in general, what do you guys see for mistweaver pvp in 6.0? the mistweaver threads are pretty much only talking about raiding. with so much cc being taken out, our mobility, instant transcendence, and other new stuff, maybe mistweavers won't be screwed after all. everyone seems to think we'll be interrupt candy and whatnot, but i'm intrigued to see how it plays out. i think with path of mists possibly being passive healing sphere spam, maybe being trained will focus on using detonate chi, using our instants to build chi and use enveloping mist, and using a hell of a lot of thunder focus tea so we can get 10 free seconds of no interrupts.

anyways, i'm rambling now...what do you guys think? i haven't seen much, if any, speculation about future mistweaver pvp.
    I could see some value from the talent strictly as a defensive cooldown to keep yourself alive when being trained. As a way to heal your teammates though? Not really. Think about how rough that'd be. You'd have to run out into the middle of the arena with it popped, get the rest of your team to peel off to actually run down the path, probably get cc'd in the process yourself and thats all assuming the other team just doesn't lock down the kill target with stuns the moment they see your rolly polly butt running across the arena like a mad dog with rabies. Plus having to use your roll to drop more spheres instead of using it to get back into position/defensively is dangerous.

In short? too circumstantial and clunky to effectively use without getting absolutely shit on.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

15+ Year Old Account
    While it does sound good....I don't really see it being useful for this one reason: We have no instant cast spells(besides renewing mist). How are we going to be able to move if we can't heal ourselves when trying to move and activate these. I mean moving for the sake of making this passive work is not going to help.

Mstweaver is going to turn from going to the most mobile spec to going a spec that moves every now and then when we can because of having no instants.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose