Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Finally! We get to see the new Talbuk models! I hope this means they're updating our talbuk mounts or they're going to look REALLY out of place.

I'm not sure Blackhand should be dubbed Warchief...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetHydrant View Post
    Have you ever seen a goddamn horse IRL? Stop comparing everything to yourself lmao
    Seems he did not, lol.

The quality of models are gone up a lot. nice work

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of these look nice, but others look unfinished. Those new talbuks look awful.

I realize the theme for WoD is SAVAGE!!!! but I think this is overkill.

Seriously, tone it down. These creatures all look the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilperch View Post
    Some of these look nice, but others look unfinished. Those new talbuks look awful.

They don't look the same.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilperch View Post

I love the new Talbuk =/ I guess to each his own, but between the life-like muscularity, sexy plumage, and menacing horns it's quite a nice upgrade from the originals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought grom hellscream was "surprisingly thin"? Well, that was book lore, so may not be true. Or they're too lazy to make him a touch thinner. Whatever, don't even play the game anymore.

I made some odd sort of moaning noise.

Oh god, those talbuks. Those wolves. Those hippos and rhinos. That everything. I will mount it all.

I hope we can use both old and new talbuk models for riding, since I actually still really do like the old ones, but the new ones are so goddamn sexy. Models always hype me up real good.

EDIT: I just noticed that these talbuk have different tails! Their counterparts have short tails with fur lining them, but these are more like horses' tails! That's very interesting (another edit: AKA the hair has grown out on the tailbone as opposed to being cut very short but yeah)
    Last edited by Shirohibiki; 2014-04-07 at 04:34 AM.

Have you ever seen a goddamn horse IRL?
    Have you ever seen a deer or antelope? Not everything with hooves is a horse, genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerofluff View Post
    It's about time Talbuks got an update... I stopped riding mine when they screwed up the riding animation with Cata. However, I liked Talbuks because they were sleek, elegant and almost gazelle-like... These look badass, sure, but they also look insanely spiky and muscled. Not really the same feel as the old ones... dunno how I quite feel about that. I hope there will be armored versions that may look a bit less... lumpy?
    Most antelope-type animals have discernible muscle tone, unless the lumps you're referring to are all the bone/horn protrusions. If so, I'd agree the horns on it's rump look a little out of place, but otherwise, they look pretty natural-ish.

Ridable... boars? Really?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!! xD

€dit: Thrall is the only one walking upright... because he's sth "better"? =P
    Last edited by MrLetiso; 2014-04-07 at 12:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    /crosses fingers for new talbuk mounts

What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

AHHH!!! I want all of these mounts NOWWWW!

The models look great. I don't like Thrall's new bald head. What happened? He does not look like Thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    12 years later, WoW enemies finally look as good as Final Fantasy 10 enemies.

12 years later.

Badass Thrall is back! He looks amazing and the rest of the orc npc models GJ I am impressed!

I need those mounts...glad ground mounts are getting a lot of love with the flying restrictions in WoD.

I must be the only person who cares about the fact that Wolves and Boars are native to Azeroth and NOT Draenor. It makes no sense for them to be in Draenor when the only reason they're in Outland is because the Orcs took them from Azeroth when the Dark Portal was initially open. In addition, the only reason the Helboars were giant and had spikes was due to the raw fel energy they were exposed to in Hellfire Peninsula. Now they exist in the past and have spikes because SAVAGE... I guess Talbuks needed moar savage too and got spikes coming out of their rears.
    :-|

Clefthoof (Clefthooves?) now have tusks? I guess after the portal summoning incident that turned it into Outland there was a huge Ivory shortage and they generously donated their tusks for the good of Orc-kind. Those greedy Elekk held on to theirs. I guess that's why we slaughter them for theirs for the Consortium.

While I kinda like the updated models, it only looks like 10 new creature models with plenty of colored variants. I'm being generous and including the Kor'kron War Wolf (They just removed the armor) and the Sporebats (which are pretty much recolored). This is pretty much what they've done with every expansion; create a dozen or so "new" models and then recolor them several times over and claim new content.

As for Thrall, I like his updated look. He has his old Doom Plate back on while still wearing his Shaman trench coat and beads. It's a very nice mesh of what he was and what he has become. People freaking out about his hair are a strange lot. Hairstyles can change and he updated his.

I really wish Blizzard would not make the hunchbacked Orc mandatory if you want to play one, the only orcs who should be hunchbacked are the Peons. Every other Orc should be as upright as they've made Thrall. That's a major reason I won't ever play a male Orc. Grommash looks like a hulking behemoth, completely unlike how he's always been described.