Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    Perhaps this MSI is what you're looking for. Cheapest shop in the Netherlands offers it for € 1.437. I'm sure you'll be able to find something similar for the countries you mentioned.
    You'd think that.
    I work in three countries (AT,CH,DE), not one has any kind of shop like yours.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't you have a desktop exactly? you need something mobile ?

you can always build a LAN type rig something small and easily portable if that's the case gaming on laptops is horrific, if you have to fly places i understand.

As for building a PC its like a puzzle for challenged kids it has 10 parts? and they slot together without any real knowledge needed a 5 minute youtube video can teach you how to build one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden272 View Post
    Why can't you have a desktop exactly? you need something mobile ?

you can always build a LAN type rig something small and easily portable if that's the case gaming on laptops is horrific, if you have to fly places i understand.

As for building a PC its like a puzzle for challenged kids it has 10 parts? and they slot together without any real knowledge needed a 5 minute youtube video can teach you how to build one
    I live in suitcases.
    I travel around Europe 5 of 7 week days.
    That's why I need a laptop.
    A strong, reliable, mostly for gaming, laptop.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a new razer laptop out, look into that razer even though i think they're a crap brand make specifically for gaming. i looked over the specs for the laptop briefly and its alright should be able to run wow at least since its got an i7 which WoW is a CPU dominate game instead of GPU or RAM or whatever anyone else tells you i5 and upwards tend to crush the game.

it was 2200 for AU here, i converted it to Euro and its 1490. should be within your price range don't know if it'll be the same price in Europe might be more might be less but the brand is quite global you shouldn't have too much trouble trying to get a hold of one, or possibly you can try Ebay for it.

Once again you are paying for the name more so than anything but i'd prefer a razer to alienware for gaming at least that's just my preference though.

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Well, that wasn't helpful at all.
    - I need a laptop not a PC.
    - I don't know how to build a freaking PC.
    - I don't have the time to build one on my own, which I prefer to buy one.
    As for the question about buying Alienware, no it absolutely is NOT worth it. Unless you consider paying a few hundred for just that 'alienware' text here and there worth it, don't do it.

I'd like to come back at the not knowing how to build a PC, if you take a bit of time you can build your own.. I build my first PC in under 8 hours (3 hours of watching videos, 5 hours of building it but i'm a slowpoke being extra careful and such). It saves so much money in the long run as you also can repair your own PC and replace parts of it. I really suggest getting into it as I must have saved myself probably a bit over 2k euro in the past 2 years (which is when I learned how to do it).

Hell, last summer I even earned 100 euro for helping someone build his PC.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read one of your last comments as for why you want a laptop instead of a PC..
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    he already said he lives in suitcases. moving a desktop is impractical for him.

You could buy an Asus RoG laptop from amazon. This one can play pretty much anything on at least medium-high, and it should run WoW like butter. Best of all it's about 150€ under your budget.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barana View Post
    You could buy an Asus RoG laptop from amazon. This one can play pretty much anything on at least medium-high, and it should run WoW like butter. Best of all it's about 150€ under your budget.
    Now we're getting somewhere.
    The only problem is, I need a 13'' or a 14''.
    Anything bigger then 15'' is a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden272 View Post
    There is a new razer laptop out, look into that razer even though i think they're a crap brand make specifically for gaming. i looked over the specs for the laptop briefly and its alright should be able to run wow at least since its got an i7 which WoW is a CPU dominate game instead of GPU or RAM or whatever anyone else tells you i5 and upwards tend to crush the game.

it was 2200 for AU here, i converted it to Euro and its 1490. should be within your price range don't know if it'll be the same price in Europe might be more might be less but the brand is quite global you shouldn't have too much trouble trying to get a hold of one, or possibly you can try Ebay for it.

Once again you are paying for the name more so than anything but i'd prefer a razer to alienware for gaming at least that's just my preference though.
    I checked the Razer Blade, it's insanely expensive and they are not yet shipping to German speaking countries.

Deleted
    "Alienware" "Is it worth it" in the same sentence...

"Gaming" "Laptop" in the same sentence...

You fucking disgust me.

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by chazus; 2014-04-06 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's never worth it to buy alienware anything.

Sincerely, someone who spent 2k on an alienware rig 2 years ago only to find out he paid for $650 worth of parts and an alienware logo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Alienware its just like apple absolutly not worth money for performance, in same price or even less you can get much batter msi gaming laptop
    So what? You know that you are paying more than necessary beforehand when buying there - and apart from that, they definitely build decent laptops.

Based off what you need (Small Screen, specific specs, location) your best bet (sadly) will be to either get an AW or Cyberpower (or similar custom laptop). Alienware/Cyberpower charge insane fees for the sake of their name being on the product but if you need a product in an area that only a few places ship to you are going to sorta be out of luck with a better build/price.

I love all the people going "Build a desktop lolalienware". If Newegg or similar online distributors don't ship to where he works he can't buy from which seriously lowers the number of potential laptops he can buy.

Friend has this laptop, I would recommend something like it. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834152443

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Alienware laptops are actually pretty good. I dunno if they've changed a lot in the past few years, but they have some of the best airflow for laptops, meaning they can actually put decent hardware into it.
    Alienware hasn't been 'good' in years. If I wanted to drop 1.5k on a i5 3550k and a 650ti I'd go do a local computer shop where they hustle non-tech savvy adults.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    I live in suitcases.
    Are you Paddington Bear?

on-topic: Alienware is the Windows version of a Macbook from Apple. All you're paying that extra money for is the letters on the case. Your best bet is MSI or ASUS.
    Last edited by SinR; 2014-04-06 at 05:10 PM. Reason: added more words. because who doesn't like more words???
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I had an Alienware M18. Loved it. My wife has a newer generation Alienware 18. Loves it.

My Alienware died after 20 months or so. It looked like a power issue. I could probably have it shipped to Dell and repaired if I was in the US, but I'm not, and I needed an immediate replacement.

I got an MSI - a high-end, $2k+ machine. It got delivered in 2 days, but it sucks. I have no issues with the performance, but the keyboard is awful - my biggest gripe is no dedicated Home/End key; you have to press Fn+PgUp and Fn+PgDn, respectively, which is awful for writing and programming. It also frequently misses a keypress, or gets the order of keys wrong if you type fast.

My other biggest gripe with the MSI is that it crashes during startup 50% of the time. It eventually boots, but I'm loathe to ever shut it down, because it WILL hang 50% of the time during startup. This is using Windows 8.1 and after all upgrades, updated drivers, etc. Other than crashing on boot, it has worked fine otherwise.

I would love to go back to an Alienware, but the 2 week lead time from order to delivery sucks, especially since they don't ship outside the US. But I loved it much more than I love this MSI piece of crap.

Also, I should note that the MSI was not significantly cheaper than Alienware, given the same performance. Maybe a bit cheaper, 10-20%?, but I'm not sure if even that. I really only got it because I couldn't wait 2 weeks for an Alienware.
    Last edited by Elodeon; 2014-04-06 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    Spend your money wisely, Asus RoG (Republic of Gamers) series, MSI (yes those WHO also build trucks+machines for industry) makes also good gaming computers. You cant call an 14 inch computer for an Gamer laptop. Well you can get Gigabyte one with high loaded specs And mentioning Alienware clearly shows that you havent been researching what an REAL gamer pc product is. So i took the time and looked on amazon.

Here is a few ready-to-play Intel based - laptops built as gamer laptops.:
    1. http://www.amazon.co.uk/G750JX-T4246...&keywords=Asus
    2. http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-2OE-028U...s=gamer+laptop
    3.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cube-Graphic...s=gamer+laptop

and if you really want 14" inch then go by the Gigabyte model

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Ult...s=gamer+laptop

or the 15 inch upgraded version

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Ult...yte+Ultrablade

And yes reason you cant "Game on your MacBook Pro" is because its made for fine a**es to look good without no function or only to develop homepages or make multimedia content. For that Macbook is supreme - and offers software only for that purpose.

Well I also recommand that you can travel and use an HDMI cable on most screens when you travel for bonus use of the pc as Multimedia center.
    Last edited by mmoc553ce16065; 2014-04-06 at 05:33 PM. Reason: typo corrected

I can confirm that there are very FEW computer/laptop shop in Switzerland... I live there and it's a pain in the ass to find something dedicated to gaming.

But on topic, I'll say an Asus should be fine. I bought one two years ago (my father said to me : go buy a laptop 'cause we're gonna go in a third world country) for like nothing and I was able (and still able) to play WoW, diablo 3, LoL, GW2 etc with no issues whatsoever. My friend just bought a new laptop, from Asus and he loves it.

I can't advise you which one to choose though... sorry :/

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Are you Paddington Bear?

on-topic: Alienware is the Windows version of a Macbook from Apple. All you're paying that extra money for is the letters on the case. Your best bet is MSI or ASUS.
    Nope, I work for a cargo company.
    I have a MacBook Pro (Retina 2013), it's the best laptop I've had in my life.
    No viruses.
    No overheating.
    No bugs.
    No issues.
    MacBooks are for mostly for students who game or old people who need a laptop for 5+ years. It's a smart investment.
    But it can't handle a god damn game.

Asus are too retarded to ship to any german speaking country.
    As far as MSI goes, what laptop do you recommend?

alternate.de might be useful! i used it when i built my own pc last year