Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Good thing we have two AMs then!

So due to changes in guild and server I will be maining prot in WoD. Got into the beta a couple days ago and started leveling as prot just to get a feel for the changes. It is 100% viable. you wont 1-2 shot stuff like you would as arms, but I have been 2-3 shotting most stuff and I am able to solo elites and rare mobs very easy.

Don't have rights to link the simulation, but we're looking at ~94% uptime on shield block with 4 set. That combined with the fact that we'll be approaching crit block cap in mythic gear... the only melee hits we'll be taking will be for 22% of the full hit. Definitely overpowered, and certainly does not reward intelligent decision making.

not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    It's a joke.

Regardless, if you're potentially getting 90+% uptime on Shield Block then there's very little opportunity for the more skillful player to use it more effectively.
    Usually the divide is between someone who uses their AM properly, and someone who is completely clueless and uses Heroic Strike rather than dumping that rage into something useful.

I think we are safe to bet those will not be our exact bonuses once it hits live.

I'd like to see a reduction in Shield Block CD and give us the option of when we want to use it. It will have the same result as the current 2-set but it will give us control of when and if to use it.

If the 4-set is multiplicative then it is a lot more realistic that it hits live.

They need to be switched though because that 2-set is WAY better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I think we are safe to bet those will not be our exact bonuses once it hits live.

I'd like to see a reduction in Shield Block CD and give us the option of when we want to use it. It will have the same result as the current 2-set but it will give us control of when and if to use it.

If the 4-set is multiplicative then it is a lot more realistic that it hits live.

They need to be switched though because that 2-set is WAY better.
    I'm not sure if it's the 2 piece or 4 piece of the PvP set, but if the 2 second Shield Block duration increase in still there and is the 2 piece, 2 piece PvE + 2 piece PvP would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Callsignecho View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the 2 piece or 4 piece of the PvP set, but if the 2 second Shield Block duration increase in still there and is the 2 piece, 2 piece PvE + 2 piece PvP would be ridiculous.
    I think that was the old PVE 2 set bonus, the pvp bonuses are extra crit chance on SS after charge and the 4p is you gain rage from damage taken (1 per 1% MAX 5)