Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly its true, blizzard don't intend to get rid of hunches or even give us the option to stand straight or hunched (like a worgen can shift from human to worgen)
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Sadly its true, blizzard don't intend to get rid of hunches or even give us the option to stand straight or hunched (like a worgen can shift from human to worgen)
    i must say, if the outcry is long and hard they might eventually some day ad an option of hunchless orc, i dont see that happening soon, but the vocal minority could eventually get what they want. it would take time cuz i have a feeling that if they decided to edit the posture, some animations would have to change quite alot

As much as I want hunchless orcs and more faces to choose from, I really want more skin colors. Mainly the option for Mah'har and Dragonmaw. And I'm sure people who play dwarves would love to be able to rock a Dark Iron look.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfkicker View Post
    As much as I want hunchless orcs and more faces to choose from, I really want more skin colors. Mainly the option for Mah'har and Dragonmaw. And I'm sure people who play dwarves would love to be able to rock a Dark Iron look.
    totally up for that, within the boundaries of lore tho, no fel orcs and such

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    totally up for that, within the boundaries of lore tho, no fel orcs and such
    Agree 100%

They'd sooner cleave the messenger's head in two before even hearing the offer to join the Horde.

Of course if Blizzard didn't want to give Orc players the ability to choose the Blackrock or Dragonmaw skin colors they can say both groups abandoned the Horde after Garrosh's defeat. But Mag'har? No excuse with that one. They joined the Horde in Hellfire Peninsula. Well before we even met Garrosh in Nagrand.
    Last edited by dwarfkicker; 2014-04-20 at 03:04 PM.

Agree 100%

They'd sooner cleave the messenger's head in two before even hearing the offer to join the Horde.

Of course if Blizzard didn't want to give Orc players the ability to choose the Blackrock or Dragonmaw skin colors they can say both groups abandoned the Horde after Garrosh's defeat. But Mag'har? No excuse with that one. They joined the Horde in Hellfire Peninsula. Well before we even met Garrosh in Nagrand.
    dunno orc lore all that well, but i think thru the progression of wod orc colors could be brought in quite naturally, with the exception of some savage clans (shattered hand, bleeding hollow) durotan would bring in browns, some splinter faction of blackrocck would join the fight against blackhand so we get gray orcs. quite logical explanations could be brought in

dunno orc lore all that well, but i think thru the progression of wod orc colors could be brought in quite naturally, with the exception of some savage clans (shattered hand, bleeding hollow) durotan would bring in browns, some splinter faction of blackrocck would join the fight against blackhand so we get gray orcs. quite logical explanations could be brought in
    Oh I agree on it being made to work. I was just taking the pessimistic stance for Blizzard to use an excuse on why not to give us those color options.

Oh I agree on it being made to work. I was just taking the pessimistic stance for Blizzard to use an excuse on why not to give us those color options.
    they said they would love to adds this kind of customization, and i believe eventually they will

I don't think it warrants completely giving up hope, though; as mentioned several times, it's not as though they have to completely rework the models or anything. Really, it's *just* the idle animation, and while it might not be a simple overnight-fix, it's very little effort for something that would greatly increase their overall appeal. As mentioned, Blizzard clearly goes out of their way to make Orcs stand upright in cutscenes as well, so really, a non-hunched is really sort of the "default" they're already working with, and also mentioned is that it would align with even the most recent depictions in artwork.

Really, the only thing I think needs being done to the model, apart from losing the hunch, is maybe make the legs a tad thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    Found straight back Blackhand from Scrolls of Lore and was bored, so painted him green. I so wish my warrior could look like him

I still think is is a perfect model for how Orcs should appear. It's still "savage", but truly imposing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that some people love their Orcs hunched and don't want them to change because they'd look too much like Humans, or like Thrall.
    News flash: Orcs have always stood straight. In the comics, in almost every bit of Blizzard art. Thrall doesn't stand straight because he was raised by Humans. The only thing Thrall got from being raised by Humans is his name, and insight in Human tactics.

Look at Garrosh in-game (either one of his models), look at almost all artwork of Garrosh - HELL - look at Garrosh in Siege of Orgrimmar TRAILER looks pretty upright to me there. Look at Grommash and Durotan models (recently revealed), look at their art work of Warlords. There is literally no reason for any Orc except a Peon or Elder to be hunched forward.

http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/628/628003.jpg
    Now compare that image to the models almost halfway on this page.

How you can like hunched Orcs is beyond me. It's your opinion, but I just don't understand it. Also, if you use WoWmodel Viewer, or even the View in 3D option of an Orc model on WoWhead, look for their Bow Ready (or something along those lines) animation. THEY ARE PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF STANDING STRAIGHT.

Honestly, like I said - it's an opinion but don't give the crap that the hunched savage look fits for them when they were never (and still aren't) described as hunched creatures except for their appearance in the actual game.
    Last edited by Solonar; 2014-04-25 at 09:46 PM.

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

anti-hunch for life.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Or even look at bow and gun animations in the model viewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Or even look at bow and gun animations in the model viewer.
    Pretty much, yeah. I even took the time to make some screens from WMV (If someone could thumbnail these, that'd be awesome)

Now tell us again that Orcs need that hunch. They'd look much better like this, and I think plenty of people would agree.

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by badaku View Post
    He wears the belt above his belly button and the belt buckle is bigger than his thigh.
    Are those problems? That belt is abdominal protection, based on ancient leather armor such as gladiatorial belts for instance to keep your belly from being punctured or ripped open, and delightfully we see it's armor with a frostwolf skull mounted on it.

I wish we had more things like it.

Where some people see lame old men with pants that don't chafe their tummies people mock, I see ancient historical warriors. I especially love samurai kilts and hakama and battle skirts that came up just above the diaphragm folded in precise layers.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Brummiehorde View Post
    Please dont scare me with words like that

It took me 3 trips to a shrink to get the nightmare of those things out of my head
    Didn't read whole thread, hopefully this has not been linked yet

So awesome.

On topic, I agree that the new orc male model is too hunched.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

i must say, if the outcry is long and hard they might eventually some day ad an option of hunchless orc, i dont see that happening soon, but the vocal minority could eventually get what they want. it would take time cuz i have a feeling that if they decided to edit the posture, some animations would have to change quite alot
    Make an effort here.

In almost every single one of their animations they stop having the annoying subservient hunch, their animations are one of the frustrating pieces of this issue, it's only when you hold still or move forward you assume this annoying subservient looking posture that in subliminal visual language carries a variety of connotations, there is nothing here to defend.

The anti choice people here are the only stance who require excuses to argue, just see while they are trying to come up with legitimate elaborate explanations for a physiological change here over a generation or two to any number of other reasons. There are good reasons the orc has that hunch, but highly subjective ones.

Meanwhile the art team's director who was also head of character design before that has told us they agree with us by recognizing that our request is not simply arbitrary and rather than tell us that's just the orc design they went with and we're stuck with as they tell any of the many arbitrary requests made for models constantly by people who nitpick, we on the other hand were told they've actually considered the possibility of actually doing something about this in the game.

That is the only reason I am saying anything more on this issue than "Gee golly, guys. I sure wish my orc wasn't forced into that extreme posture he has when he holds still, by jove."

Thus, you can all stop deriding people who find this issue important as if we're nit pickers.

This issue exists because Blizzard already has this issue covered in everything "orcs" do except for their standing and running animations.

They even change them now in the cutscenes in game to stop doing it and to reflect game art and cinematics.

It's unfortunate that I've been depicted here as being somehow arrogant or dismissive or a bully by defending the fact this is not an unreasonable or audacious or unrealistic request.

This isn't worgen tails, this isn't shorter elf ears, this isn't body customization sliders.

I'm really surprised that Blizzard's art team have even openly recognized and discussed a future where somewhere in some outcome of events they actually create an option for players here, but it's awesome they have, and while I don't have my hopes up high I sure like to talk about that future just for fun when I'm shooting the shit and chatting about trivial bullshit like my hobbies or creature design.

I just wish the aching vapid abyssal void in space time rupturing the hole in my heart and causing this ache I have for an orc who runs and stands like Nazgrim here wasn't so strong in it's blazing space time bending foundations of gravitational passion and pure brutish lust for ma cartoon orcz MA CARTOON ORCZ

Look at him go, it's so blurry but still so beautiful. Click this damn thumbnail like three times to see the full sized
    composite I paid young asian children to make for me in MSpaint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsnstuff View Post
    Didn't read whole thread, hopefully this has not been linked yet
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PJo5kx6.jpg]
    So awesome.

On topic, I agree that the new orc male model is too hunched.
    But ironically, he stands up taller than ever before while in his "look around while idle" animation where he holds his head up to look around.

I like the idea of using this as a shortcut, where the model freezes in the posture after assuming the pose, possibly this could all come down to a simple change in their idle animation where he hunches but then immediately stands up as if shaking off that 2pm feeling you get for a siesta in the afternoon. Imagine that, in the character customization screen, one of his options shows you the two different postures. This classic one, or this one.

As you stop moving your orc hunches to catch his breath then pops his chin up like a gangsta. Some Bruce Lee neck popping action, dee-amn.

Then they just need a new running and walking forward animation, easy as pie (as if I actually know). I'm not sure how hard that is but they do new animations for old models all day long every day in this department, it's how they keep using the same skeletons over and over again for 10,000,000 protodrake rigs with totally custom models and brand new or altered animations.

It makes me feel like I'm not so crazy after all to dare to dream here.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-04-27 at 11:26 AM.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

With those muscles...have fun with your humane posture

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    [/URL]
    Where can I get that off-hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Where can I get that off-hand.
    Silverwing Grove I think