Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I am intolerant of lies, indoctrination of the defenseless, and the ilk of psychological slavery.
    And THAT IS why Theology is a science. It deals with the truth, falsified truth, and even the lies that do exist in Religions. Theology is not limited to one or 2 religions, it deals with all of them.
    The plain fact that we know about the rights and wrongs, about the facts and false interpretations, the influence of translations of ancient languages, the amount of alterations and various re-writing of the Bible. All of that is credited to Science.
    Because real smart people just don't denounce things they either dislike or their brains don't grasp. They tackle the matter, they are truth seekers.
    That's what scientists far most are. Truth seekers.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Education > Religion.

Education is something needed, religion is just a personal option, nobody should ever prioritize religion over education.

In addition, I must add that I'm a totally liberal person who thinks everyone has the right to do, think and believe in whatever they want (as long as it doesn't hurt directly someone else), but I find it amusing and irritating at the same time that a minority modifies the culture established in a country for centuries, but when we go to a muslim country we have to follow theire culture rules.

IE, I travelled to Arabia to visit a friend who's working there and he had to remind me every minute of the day to use my right hand to almost everything because they find using the left hand disgusting and offensive, and as a left-handed it was really hard and annoying to do something as simple as eating.

So either the whole world adapts so we're all equal or minority (inmigrants) learn to adapt to the main culture of the country they live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    And more often than not they were punished for it.
    Religion killed and atheists killed religious people.

No side is clean.

Education > Religion.

Education is something needed, religion is just a personal option, nobody should ever prioritize religion over education.
    Postponing an exam doesn't prohibit education, unless you believe in Venus lining up with Ur anus. ( i.e. you do better on the 5th than another day due to some bullshit belief )

but I find it amusing and irritating at the same time that a minority modifies the culture established in a country for centuries
    What culture?

Exams are culture?
    Last edited by Alexinho; 2014-04-06 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally would consider my self to be fairly anti-religion especially when it comes to the government catering to them, but this just makes sense to me.
    Regardless of the reason, a decent amount of kids are fasting during the exam period and that's going to affect how well they can concentrate for their exams, so why not push exams back a bit so it doesn't coincide with that period? Just makes sense.

Speaknoevil, regardless of the religion(s) a theologist is doing the study in, he or she is studying peoples behaviour linked to said believes.

Wheter or not said believes have scientific value is inrelevant, it is a study of the history and present day behaviours of a group of people.

So aslong as you call a behaviour analyst or a hystorian a scientist, theology is a science.

For what i care some1 researches the effect of a 0 gravity evironement on valcanic rocks, as pointless as it may be, that person is doing research/then can teach others about the findings.
    Last edited by Sengiratolom; 2014-04-06 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexinho View Post
    Religion killed and atheists killed religious people.

No side is clean.
    Religious people kill people in the name of their religion. Atheists do not kill people in the name of atheism.

so why not push exams back a bit so it doesn't coincide with that period? Just makes sense.
    Have you seen the comments on that article?

People are self entitled and hate everyone that isn't like them.

'' ur religious lel u must be stoopid ''

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bervose View Post
    Religious people kill people in the name of their religion. Atheists do not kill people in the name of atheism.
    Irrelevant.

The reason for which you kill matters little. You still kill.

This is one of my favourite sum up images regarding the subject;

Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Oooh, it's so outrageous, my oh my. Us westerners are becoming foreigners in our own countries. OUT-RAGE-OUS.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think students perform worse when they don't eat for the entire day maybe that suggests something about your practices doesn't it? <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I generally would consider my self to be fairly anti-religion especially when it comes to the government catering to them, but this just makes sense to me.
    Regardless of the reason, a decent amount of kids are fasting during the exam period and that's going to affect how well they can concentrate for their exams, so why not push exams back a bit so it doesn't coincide with that period? Just makes sense.
    People only oppose it for the sake of opposition.
    If the exams are pushed back to a later date, the ones that are not fasting gain even an advantage of additional preparation time.

It puzzles me how everyone is always all for freedoms of what ever nature.. Freedom of religion being one of them...
    But the soon something gets considered to be adjusted or altered, the white knight approach falters quick.

Freedom of other people is okay, for as long as it fits into my own little world view just fine.
    I'd understand that, and possibly even agree and think the same if it had any negative direct impact on me, or anyone else.. But it doesn't.
    This proposed alteration has zero negative impact on anyone involved.

Deleted

Yeah no. But it's funny alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    If you think students perform worse when they don't eat for the entire day maybe that suggests something about your practices doesn't it? <3
    Prime example of '' lelel I am smart atheist science man '' not knowing shit about biology.

You go ahead and try to do mental efforts when you didn't eat any food or water for a day.

Tell me how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    It puzzles me how everyone is always all for freedoms of what ever nature.. Freedom of religion being one of them...
    But the soon something gets considered to be adjusted or altered, the white knight approach falters quick.
    Religions should never come in the way of anything that has to do with how state and shit is ran. You are free to practice as long as it doesn't begin to inconvenience others.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

You forgot the part where universities leave you with tons of debt whereas religion is free.

- - - Updated - - -

Religions should never come in the way of anything that has to do with how state and shit is ran. You are free to practice as long as it doesn't begin to inconvenience others.
    Exams being delayed a few days isn't a crisis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barely anyone (especially on mmochampion) supports freedom of religion, your religion should be limited to yourself it shouldn't effect anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And THAT IS why Theology is a science. It deals with the truth, falsified truth, and even the lies that do exist in Religions. Theology is not limited to one or 2 religions, it deals with all of them.
    The plain fact that we know about the rights and wrongs, about the facts and false interpretations, the influence of translations of ancient languages, the amount of alterations and various re-writing of the Bible. All of that is credited to Science.
    Because real smart people just don't denounce things they either dislike or their brains don't grasp. They tackle the matter, they are truth seekers.
    That's what scientists far most are. Truth seekers.
    I read your first statement in the context of claiming truth to religious assertion. As if the tone was *theology is science that validates religion.*

You forgot the part where universities leave you with tons of debt whereas religion is free.
    You're not aware of how much western nations subsidize major religions or even tax for them if you don't especially tell them not to. Besides, in civilized western countries, going to university is pretty much free.

Exams being delayed a few days isn't a crisis.
    It sets a presedence though and we've had far too many presedence setting cases as of late.

10+ Year Old Account
    And no one is getting inconvenienced by this case at hand.
    In fact the non-islamic students gaining an advantage.

Exam at a later date translates into more time for preparation..

Deleted

Entry fee and books combined is €1k euros over here for a year (give or take a hundred). Huge debt. Wish I joined a religious group instead.

Edit: also not sure why religion is considered free, not all are. And I doubt it's hard to come up with one that costs more than my tuition.