Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question The dark portal located in Taanan Jungle?

http://prntscr.com/37j0z9
    This where we will start our adventure?

Close up:

yes, they stated on day one that taanan jungle = hellfire peninsula before draenor went boom.

Welcome to BlizzCon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

I hope the Dark Portal doesn't look like that in game. The Original dark portal didn't look like that at all, was much simpler. It only became like that in Warcraft 2 era when Deathwing had it Improved/Fortified when he allied with the Old Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where else would it be? That is the only logical place for the Dark Portal to be, considering today's Outland.
    Also, it has been said 6 months ago at BlizzCon.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    I hope the Dark Portal doesn't look like that in game. The Original dark portal didn't look like that at all, was much simpler. It only became like that in Warcraft 2 era when Deathwing had it Improved/Fortified when he allied with the Old Horde.
    There is literally no difference in the way it looks between BC and WoD, the only thing you might see is that it looks a little bit newer, which is true.

The original dark portal was also built by a completely different Horde than this one.

Deleted
    I don't understand why the Iron Horde would build the exact same portal as the Old Horde.

That's the point. The Iron Horde would not build their first Dark portal to look exaclty like the Old Horde built the Second One (with the help of Deathwing).

Placeholder I guess.

We start our Draenor expedition by, it seems, going through the Dark Portal. A scenario/questline takes us to our respective places (Frostfire for Horde, Shadowmoon for Alliance) and we begin the journey there after securing our home cities. It seems we'll level in Tanaan later before we reach 100. Our journey simply starts at the Dark Portal and leads us to other areas.

As far as how it looks, I would imagine they'll make a different one. This is very early alpha, and things are due to change between now to beta, and beta to live.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I seriously doubt they will create a new portal for this expansion. Just my thoughts. And even if it SHOULD be different, who really wants to lose a raid tier over a new portal model?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    Where else would it be? That is the only logical place for the Dark Portal to be, considering today's Outland.
    Also, it has been said 6 months ago at BlizzCon.
    While it's the most logical placement, It's not the only portal on Outland/Draenor. If memory serves me right, there was around 4-5 other portals that collapsed/was closed.

the remains of one portal lies around sporeggar or something like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    While it's the most logical placement, It's not the only portal on Outland/Draenor. If memory serves me right, there was around 4-5 other portals that collapsed/was closed.

You can see others in Nagrand and Blade's edge (BC era).

Theses were opened by Ner'Zhul in Warcraft 2 : Beyond The Dark Portal, that won't happen in this timeline.

That's the point. The Iron Horde would not build their first Dark portal to look exaclty like the Old Horde built the Second One (with the help of Deathwing).

Placeholder I guess.
    Why not? The upgraded one is going to be the one Garrosh is familiar with.

You can see others in Nagrand and Blade's edge (BC era).

Theses were opened by Ner'Zhul in Warcraft 2 : Beyond The Dark Portal, that won't happen in this timeline.
    Also an inactive one on the western side of Zangarmarsh.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Why not? The upgraded one is going to be the one Garrosh is familiar with.
    Why would Garrosh tell the Iron Horde to build a portal with a dragon, demons and Gul'dan's death knights?

I'm 99% sure that the Dark Portal we see in Tanaan right now is a placeholder, the WoD Dark Portal will be built by a completely different army so it wouldn't make sense for it to be identical.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...DraenorNew.jpg

Yeah, you can see on the left upper corner of Nagrand there is a round island thing surrounded by mountains here. In current Outlands there is the big Eredar in this area with a bunch of minions and another portal. I'd imagine this is what that place looked like beforehand. Not sure what that architecture is there though. Draenei perhaps? And yeah, I think there was a floating chunk of land just out of reach of Zangarmarsh to the left that had the remains of a portal on it.

Seeing as Gul'dan is still drinking demon blood, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another portal somewhere. Possibly that one in Nagrand or one on an island off of Shadowmoon? Perhaps even in Fara'lohn saved for a future plot patch? I'd imagine Mannaroth would be there as well.

We're likely going to see it tomorrow, I'd wait to judge till then.