Deleted

Challenge Mode Gemming and Reforging

Hello, I find the lack of challenge mode theorycrafting on the interwebs disturbing.

I simply want to know what the best tactic is when gemming and reforging for challenge modes, considering that hit rating and experitse do not get scaled down, aswell as gems.

Do I gem Mastery? Intellect? Do I reforge TO hit? Do I reforge AWAY from hit?

Thanks

Hit and expertise do scale down. Your expertise and hit are kept at the current % by sacrificing the amount of other secondary stats you get to keep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubricious View Post
    Hit and expertise do scale down. Your expertise and hit are kept at the current % by sacrificing the amount of other secondary stats you get to keep.
    Yes that's cool but I would like to go to the next step: what does that mean? How do I take advantage of that in gemming and reforging?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubricious View Post
    actually they dont. Just their reforged values do because what you're reforging out of to get that hit rating is being scaled down. Actual hit on gear is left alone.

Gem intellect. Stack mastery and crit on gear ( crit and haste are really close, various people will say go for one over the other, but in reality its really just a play style choice. )

Best way to get an accurate reforge, gem for int, go into proving grounds, and use the reforger there to get 15% hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Best way to get an accurate reforge, gem for int, go into proving grounds, and use the reforger there to get 15% hit.
    Or you can jump into Mogushan palace CM right by shrine.

On topic: I'd suggest you follow the CM BiS list found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...oP-CM-BiS-list. It shows what itemization, gemming and professions you should aim for assuming you are going to play destruction. When it comes to hit you do not want to gem any hit beyond purple gems for set bonuses if you don't really need to. My stat weights I had a while ago (memorized~) was 4.2 int 1.8 mastery 1.6 crit and 1.5 haste.
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2014-04-07 at 01:15 PM.

tryd both int and masterygemming while going for serverbesttimes
    i pulled higher numbers with mastery since most of the time you're sniping trashmobs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    Or you can jump into Mogushan palace CM right by shrine.
    Last I checked MSP doesnt have a reforger in it. So that seems like a pain in the ass.

If you're going just for gold, you shouldn't bother so much as to build another set or do a full reforge/regem for it. The only thing you'd really need to change would be your meta gem (which you can easily just get a lower ilvl helm and put a burning primal in it). However, if you're looking to push times, or help carry others etc, then yeah, refer to the spreadsheet link found in the thread that Tramzh posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Last I checked MSP doesnt have a reforger in it. So that seems like a pain in the ass.
    I guess I misunderstood, didn't realise there was a reforger in there and well, I probably shouldn't assume everyone has the reforge mount. :<