Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I'm not a fan of shrooms. Sure they were cool in Zangarmarsh, but that's were the pleasure of shrooms ends for me. Also, we've had forest in Outland since forever, why demand mushrooms now?
    I demanded 'shrooms already in TBC. I continue to do so to this date because I want Draenor that represents the Draenor I grew up with!

I'd be equally annoyed if Elwynn forest had 'shrooms instead of trees.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I demanded 'shrooms already in TBC. I continue to do so to this date because I want Draenor that represents the Draenor I grew up with!

I'd be equally annoyed if Elwynn forest had 'shrooms instead of trees.
    I'll take a leap here and suggest that shrooms just might not fit with what they want to do for these zones. Shroom-jungle?

Somebody should make a thread on the official forums asking the question, maybe a blue will give a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I'll take a leap here and suggest that shrooms just might not fit with what they want to do for these zones. Shroom-jungle?
    Would be amazing if done approperiatly, there are literally hundreds to thousands different species of mushrooms and with a bit imagination, using their variations can make up for really awesome, colourful jungle :O

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

What's funny is originally, they never even planned to have giant mushrooms in Outland. I remember reading not too long ago that someone sketched up the idea and they ran with it. But originally, that wasn't in the cards. It would be cool to have more mushrooms though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Kara View Post
    O.o I'd hate to be Gimlix, he was attacked fairly quick.
    Haha, I was just wondering
    I don't see it as flame so don't worry
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    What's funny is originally, they never even planned to have giant mushrooms in Outland. I remember reading not too long ago that someone sketched up the idea and they ran with it. But originally, that wasn't in the cards. It would be cool to have more mushrooms though.
    They had mushrooms in there from get-go of Warcraft 2 expansion and earliest artworks point at that direction

Noob. How could you let Illidan die in that mission???!!

And yeah we better get those shrooms, now is the time to request it

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the shrooms grew as a side effect of the fel corruption to Draenor's native environment, that would explain why there is Zangarmarsh in Outland but not on Old Draenor? Warcraft 2 and 3 were corrupted Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperspeed View Post
    Maybe the shrooms grew as a side effect of the fel corruption to Draenor's native environment, that would explain why there is Zangarmarsh in Outland but not on Old Draenor? Warcraft 2 and 3 were corrupted Draenor.
    There's some shrooms around Zangarsea or whatever on the datamined map.

Have you been to Zangermarsh yet?

Deleted
    Wc3 already had Outlands. And those shrooms were used, at least in wc3, as a means to get lumber. Might be that iron horde and draeneis had cut the most of them down for war needs, idk, cba to get more into this as I honestly don't see this as such a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mushrooms are kind of the... lazy alien tree....

Besides, you could argue that the Mushrooms were just the spawn of fel magics and blah blah blah, and that there weren't many on original Draenor.

Though they were in the map for Outland when it was intended to be a part of Vanilla WoW:

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    People do know... That the current Zangarmarsh, isn't going to be like the one in WoD? Where most of it is flooded?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well considering those shrooms mainly seem to be in red lands, and I've already seen at least one screenshot that looks like modern-day Durotar of Draenor, I'm thinking that'll be where these familiar shrooms will be located.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    game isn't even in beta yet and you complain :O
    This is the only time they have to do so. By the time it hits beta, it's balance and stability checks only, not really

That being said, as it stands, it's already most likely too late. The game is delayed enough to the point that they're aren't going to go back in and fix it up to look like the old games did. It's a fairly big flub in terms of lore and I understand the upset nature of the OP.

In my eyes though, it pales in comparison to the Alpha models. We're supposed to assume that WoD Draenor, which takes place a mere 30 years prior to ours, is so extremely primal and devolved that the mobs look entirely different. Genetic modifications like we're seeing don't just happen overnight, let alone in, for some species, one or two generations. Hey though, I guess they'll just claim it was magic that caused the changes so fast since that's the obvious cop out.

That modern day Durotar is image of alpha Outlands back when it was part of vanilla and intended as max level zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    I am really sick of these comments..
    I am too because they make no sense. When people complain about spell balancing I understand that there is still so much that blizzard has to go through internally before they can even take opinions. But when it comes to art, the sooner they know the better....I am a 3D animator by trade myself and I can tell you the longer that they go on with this the more unlikely it is that they will swap it. Regardless of this is alpha or not.

Well in your warcraft 3 picture you should realize that that is outland, not dreanor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    People do know... That the current Zangarmarsh, isn't going to be like the one in WoD? Where most of it is flooded?
    Before the destruction of draenor mushrooms were not exclusive to Zangarmarsh. Go watch some gameplay videos of Warcraft 2 beyond the dark portal.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Well in your warcraft 3 picture you should realize that that is outland, not dreanor.
    And in his Warcraft 2 picture you should realize it's Draenor, not Outland.