Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit really? There are probably a metric fuck ton of mushrooms in Tanaan Jungle since we literally have no screenshots of the zone yet.

Quote Originally Posted by helmaroc View Post
    Holy shit really? There are probably a metric fuck ton of mushrooms in Tanaan Jungle since we literally have no screenshots of the zone yet.
    I hope you're right. But the minimap image which is practically top down image of terrain indicates typical jungle.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    game isn't even in beta yet and you complain :O
    Well the Warcrafr 3 picture is outland in Hellfire Peninsula, but in WoW there are no mushrooms in Hellfire peninsula

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    game isn't even in beta yet and you complain :O
    I'd actually go as far to say that its too LATE at this point to complain about something like what kind of trees there are. The environments are pretty much final at this point, maybe some changes in the flow of the terrain, but highly likely no completely new styles of objects.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    I'd actually go as far to say that its too LATE at this point to complain about something like what kind of trees there are. The environments are pretty much final at this point, maybe some changes in the flow of the terrain, but highly likely no completely new styles of objects.
    Who knows? They might take the Zangar Sea mushrooms, do a bit of color swapping, and put them in a few areas. Even if all of Draenor isn't populated with mushrooms, I'd like to see them scattered around the world. It would help explain their presence in the Warcraft 2 and 3 games, by saying that they're able to populate much better with the trees died off or something, but eventually they die out too.

10+ Year Old Account
    have we seen the zangar area at all? or is that just like, underwater at the moment?

Deleted
    Blizzard doesn't give a shit about old lore. Tbh they want nothing to do with Warcraft universe pre Vanilla. They know they can't match it so want people to forget about it.

Surely the fact zangarmarsh is a sea instead of a swamp is already a big enough retcon.

I can just imagine the draenei developing gills for their life there, nobundo having to swim up to the mountain to pray everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well the Warcrafr 3 picture is outland in Hellfire Peninsula, but in WoW there are no mushrooms in Hellfire peninsula
    There are a couple of 'shroom stems strewn around the place and funnily enough, the original version that was supposed to ship with vanilla WoW had mushroom forests.

But in terms of Draenor, it's not too hard to imagine what might have happened. The fel corruption that killed off the plant life in the first place might have empowered certain fungi to grow to immense sizes. Bam, clean Draenor doesn't have huge demon shrooms, fel Draenor did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    considering the map is already viewable for draenor I dont see what is wrong with letting blizzard know that lore isn't being respected. At least from a visual POV.
    Well it's their lore, they are the ones who wrote it and they have the right to change it if they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    i say complain about it when we can actually play the beta and see. things change from alpha to beta

but im all for shrooms maaaan
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking hate mushrooms because the Eastern Plaguelands was sad to look at and Zangarmarsh is just mushrooms. Those weird draenor mushrooms look like they were results of fel magic in Warcraft 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    have we seen the zangar area at all? or is that just like, underwater at the moment?
    There is no underwater zone, but there is some mushrooms at the shore and something underwater at the Zangarsea. It's probably part of Talador.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Blizzard doesn't give a shit about old lore. Tbh they want nothing to do with Warcraft universe pre Vanilla. They know they can't match it so want people to forget about it.
    Ridiculous claim, especially when this place and the characters in it are Warcraft 1+2 ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Difficult to say, the version of Draenor we see in Warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal is fel-corrupted by not yet shattered into the Outland we know and love in WoW. It's possible that the infusion of fel into the area around Hellfire Peninsula (Tanaan Jungle that was) converted or warped the indigenous jungle life of the area into towering mushrooms, and then the shattering of Draenor wiped out even this warped life and left a wasteland in its place. Tanaan Jungle in WoD could also be teeming with mushrooms and we've just not seen anything of them yet.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Im begging blizzard to please respect lore and stop retconning.
    That would be a miracle ...

Huge mushrooms get boring quickly. I avoid Zangarmarsh like the plague because I hate staring at all the giant fungus. (Actually Outland bored the hell out of me visually after the first play through.)

Maybe you'll get your fungus in smaller form.

They weren't in any zone but Zangarmarsh in Outland and all of a sudden you lore "buffs" are complaining that Draenor pre-explosion is lacking in mushrooms?

Get a grip of a reality, people. Blizzard made this decision way back in TBC because they realized putting shrooms as "trees" in every zone would be too much. It's not special anymore when the whole place is filled with the damn things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    With TBC's Zangarmarsh zone being underwater in WoD, it looks like the areas surrounding it actually do have some of the Zangarmarsh style of mushrooms - a tower near Shattrath was shown with some towering mushrooms around it, and there was another area that looked like it was near Tanaan with them as well. I think the mushroom forests of Warcraft's 2 Draenor have probably been retconned a bit in favor of a primordial jungle instead. Makes a bit more sense, although I can understand the feeling of a bit of continuity slippage.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Surely the fact zangarmarsh is a sea instead of a swamp is already a big enough retcon.
    The water level dropped when Draenor was torn apart - not a retcon.

"Shroom trees errywhere" was effectively retconned (if you can even call it that...) when they weren't in BC. They gave the RTS's a hell of a nod with Zangarmarsh though, and a nod to Zangarmarsh in WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.