Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I feel bad for the artists of this gear, for green loot its really quiet impressive. They really can't win. I think there are some very memorable pieces in this set of gear. I frankly cant even remember the BC lvling gear that people are claiming, "is better and more flashy"

Add a couple more drano and bird man sets and presto! COLORS GALORE!

Holy moly, new Orc models that stand up straight!

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Those are some uglyass weapons. (And yes, I know they're alpha models) I know that weapons need to be kind of ornate and Blizz needs to switch it up from time to time, but weapon models have been pretty over the top for awhile now. Giant chunks of stone, weird crystally looking things, ugh.
    These look like questing gear... just saying, this isn't gear from raids.

Quote Originally Posted by zucchini View Post
    who cares if its quest gear? still unimpressive.
    The point is such gear has always been unimpressive.. Including the glorious BC days that people keep mentioning. They are remembering raid gear and the occasional dungeon item which shouldn't be compared to the generic, quest, boe, trash drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Acideyeliner View Post
    Holy moly, new Orc models that stand up straight!
    and I love them. Specially Kargath!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

that wild wild west spider tank right there looks amazing ENGINEERING MOUNT PLOX!

15+ Year Old Account
    I love the items with bright colours. Just a shame it's not that many of them... yet. I honestly hope we'll see more of bright colours again.

No imagination what so ever with the ranged weapons, I hope that those are the green/blue weapons and not the epic ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Massively in love with the melee weapons. All of them look sick as fuck.

Great job, Blizzard.

I'm confused as to why some of the orc models are hunchbacked and some aren't. I wish they all just stood up straight like Thralls.

Many of these items look like recolored versions of items already in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    = Danzig in AHTF

10+ Year Old Account
    Mace users got the best looking barbarian weapons this time around. Looks like I need to reroll.

They DO look like green questing gear.

But why is it okay for green questing gear that will be reused for more than likely EVERYTHING other than raid gear to look absolutely horrible? That's the gear that will FLOOD the expansion, that will be reused when they get lazy for another Timeless Isle epic gear model holder, and random drop world greens. That's the gear we will be in for a majority of the leveling process, on all of our characters. It's the first gear the players get to see and put their character in when they begin the expansion.

I can understand keeping things simple and not turning them into challenge mode gear, but that does not mean that every single weapon has to look like a 6 inch thick poorly carved spray painted piece of foam that looks like a child's cosplay weapon or some medieval themed Nerf accessory.

The shoulders are even worse. The first plate ones are probably just a placeholder, because they look EXACTLY like ones we saw in Wrath. And many of the others look incredibly simple and boring, or like previous gear sets that had everything stripped off of them and all of the textures removed with a lower poly count.

Just horrible.

I've had complains about a lot of green gear, and many about Wrath. I don't like the tacky simplistic "stone" and wood weapons that look like cardboard and foam, but if you're going to go that route don't even bother adding any color to them or giving them a fluffy feather here and there or even any hint of shape at all. Just leave it simple and acknowledge that you don't care what they look like.

I actually enjoyed the mist weapons. I remember loving the dragon staff and quite a few of the daggers, and the polearms, and the swords. They looked so ornate that they looked less like crappy greens that somebody just threw together because they didn't give a shit and more like someone put ACTUAL effort into them.

They've been stuck on this style for quite awhile now, and the gear seems to be getting worse and worse. I'm not really sure what happened, but I was hoping that gear would start looking better after the pretty impressive pvp gear we got at the end of Cataclysm (with a few exceptions.) and the challenge mode gear.

But I guess raids and trying to jump through hoops to find challenge mode groups will seem more worth it if everything else you release is utter crap.

Looking back over them. I see one staff, one polearm, and one bow I would even begin to think about using. Aside from that, complete garbage.

They're so concerned about "immersion" but then they create an endless number of weapons that look duller than a plastic spoon. A giant, grey, swirly rainbow spoon that for some reason has to be 6 inches thick. I dare say a spork looks more intimidating.

LOL. whats is Blizz's obsession with weapons that look like they were crudely chiseled out of stone. 4" thick blades with a 90 degree blade edge are so dumb looking. Same art style since BC/wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bladefist.. That can't be serious.

Why the heck PAST UNCORRUPTED Bladefist and Deadeye have glowing red eyes? Isn't Deadeye supposed to be control freak, like one extremist Military General and Bladefist a retarded Loyal Captain?
    I mean, those eyes do not make their past selves to look like a obsessed guardian of tribe values, and an obsessed protector of his people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Why the heck PAST UNCORRUPTED Bladefist and Deadeye have glowing red eyes? Isn't Deadeye supposed to be control freak, like one extremist Military General and Bladefist a retarded Loyal Captain?
    I mean, those eyes do not make their past selves to look like a obsessed guardian of tribe values, and an obsessed protector of his people.
    <handwave>These are not the Orcs you are looking for</handwave>

- - - Updated - - -

I strongly suspect the sword that got broken, "fixed" with duct tape and handed to some hapless chap before it even cooled down so that the handle needs a covering of asbestos wolf fur is going to be a raid drop or at least HC5.

Sorry, but very unimpressed with the weapon models here.

Whoever did the modeling for BC.... they need to bring them back. These weapons just look like more of the same with slight variations.

/yawn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vincus View Post
    yay, more items that are made of wood & rocks. Looks so great...NOT! Just as boring as all MOP items. What happend? Given completely up ?
    My feelings exactly. As boring (and ugly) as MoP weapons. It does seem like they gave up or stopped trying to make weapon models that don't require a mog to look good.

Blizz does such great character models, yet continues to make weapons out of Nerf foam.