Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Why the heck PAST UNCORRUPTED Bladefist and Deadeye have glowing red eyes? Isn't Deadeye supposed to be control freak, like one extremist Military General and Bladefist a retarded Loyal Captain?
    I mean, those eyes do not make their past selves to look like a obsessed guardian of tribe values, and an obsessed protector of his people.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Why the heck PAST UNCORRUPTED Bladefist and Deadeye have glowing red eyes? Isn't Deadeye supposed to be control freak, like one extremist Military General and Bladefist a retarded Loyal Captain?
    I mean, those eyes do not make their past selves to look like a obsessed guardian of tribe values, and an obsessed protector of his people.
    <handwave>These are not the Orcs you are looking for</handwave>

- - - Updated - - -

I strongly suspect the sword that got broken, "fixed" with duct tape and handed to some hapless chap before it even cooled down so that the handle needs a covering of asbestos wolf fur is going to be a raid drop or at least HC5.

Sorry, but very unimpressed with the weapon models here.

Whoever did the modeling for BC.... they need to bring them back. These weapons just look like more of the same with slight variations.

/yawn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vincus View Post
    yay, more items that are made of wood & rocks. Looks so great...NOT! Just as boring as all MOP items. What happend? Given completely up ?
    My feelings exactly. As boring (and ugly) as MoP weapons. It does seem like they gave up or stopped trying to make weapon models that don't require a mog to look good.

Blizz does such great character models, yet continues to make weapons out of Nerf foam.

Field Marshal
    sooo f'ing bad

Just something to prove that not all the previous expansions had bland weapons. (everything on the right side are WoD weapons but it was cut off a bit.)

Infact, Cata had the most simplistic, and elegant weapon out of them all as the image shows. BC has the most bland. It's very basic with no real design put into it. MoP, contrary to popular belief, had the most unique weapons because of the asian aesthetic which provided for alot of decorative and beautiful gear. The only really gritty expansion was WoTLK and that was mainly with the ICC patch in weapons like Ghoulslicer which invovled too much metal, death skulls, or spikes.

WoD is using the savage look to fit the theme of the expansion for orcs and humans. they do have some nice looking weapons tthough such as that mace, the bow, that shield with the Warsong Clan symbol, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm surprised you guys are ignoring the gems like that. Such a shame.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2014-04-12 at 06:01 AM.

I guess it's too much to ask for swords that would look like a sword, not like a stone stick from stone-age...

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post

Just something to prove that not all the previous expansions had bland weapons. (everything on the right side are WoD weapons but it was cut off a bit.)

Infact, Cata had the most simplistic, and elegant weapon out of them all as the image shows. BC has the most bland. It's very basic with no real design put into it. MoP, contrary to popular belief, had the most unique weapons because of the asian aesthetic which provided for alot of decorative and beautiful gear. The only really gritty expansion was WoTLK and that was mainly with the ICC patch in weapons like Ghoulslicer which invovled too much metal, death skulls, or spikes.

WoD is using the savage look to fit the theme of the expansion for orcs and humans. they do have some nice looking weapons tthough such as that mace, the bow, that shield with the Warsong Clan symbol, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm surprised you guys are ignoring the gems like that. Such a shame.
    This is because Blizz was using high fantasy style when bc came out but for Wrath they switched to this style that they are using now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    BC has the most bland. It's very basic with no real design put into it. MoP, contrary to popular belief, had the most unique weapons because of the asian aesthetic which provided for alot of decorative and beautiful gear. The only really gritty expansion was WoTLK and that was mainly with the ICC patch in weapons like Ghoulslicer which invovled too much metal, death skulls, or spikes.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and not everyone likes the Asian aesthetic. It's a weapon, a tool, it should be simple. I liked the TBC and WotLK models personally. It's hard to really form an opinion on the weapons in WoD because so far it's all quest reward models, which have their good and bad visuals in every expansion. So far I see similarities to Cata in the weapons I've gotten in beta, with rock and crystal design on them. The polearm I picked up in the first area was very different from the swords in your example image though, had a lot more detail.