Thread: Boss resets 101

Boss resets 101

Bosses and mob disappearing in thin air, encounters just stopping mid-way, all this talk about resetting and I stand there bewildered and understand not a whole lot about what's going on.

Anyone care to give me a boss reset 101 crash course or point me to somewhere this is explained?

When a boss can't attack something most times he resets. A great example is Siegecrafter in SoO, where if you know that you are gonna wipe and everyone go on the belt the boss will reset since he can't hit anything. Hunters, mages, rogues and a few other classes can reset the boss if they're the last ones alive using abilities that make them untargetable by the boss.

Seen it happen when DS Oozes get stuck

If a player is locked out of the room, and is by the door, it will reset. As well if the person running in is a significant distance from the raid.

Dark Shamans reset quite often because of retarded landscape and oozes getting stuck. Galakras adds sometimes fall under the textures, but it doesn't happen that often.

Other than that, never seen any other SoO bosses reset unexpectedly.

P.S. We once had Malkorok (H) reset for us for some strange reason. Absolutely no idea what happened there.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    P.S. We once had Malkorok (H) reset for us for some strange reason. Absolutely no idea what happened there.
    Sometimes the adds path through the floor and it resets.

also paragons could reset, no clue why though.

Deleted
    If none of the targets in combat are in the battlefield the boss will despawn or walk back to his normal spot, depending on the boss. very few bosses WALK back. Either way, it ends combat, and unless you ressed on a boss that doesn't despawn, you're then safe to ress and get away.