Deleted

Why do all specs have the same baseline resilience/pvp power?

Wouldn't it make sense to give classes/specs who aren't fairing as well in pvp, but are fine in pve, higher baseline resilience/pvp power?

Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    Wouldn't it make sense to give classes/specs who aren't fairing as well in pvp, but are fine in pve, higher baseline resilience/pvp power?
    It easier to balance around an even resi/power setup thats equal for everyone. It'd also affect PvE performance. Part of game balance is being competitive in both PvP and PvE without being overpowered, plus what about specs that don't fare too well in PvE? Do they get a passive DPS/Healing/Threat boost?

Therefore it's easier to resilience and power as a constant thats equal for all classes and balance PvP from that point, there'd be too much crying if it was adjusted per spec and per class.
    Last edited by willtron; 2014-04-07 at 11:01 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    It easier to balance around an even resi/power setup thats equal for everyone. It'd also affect PvE performance.
    How does Resilience/PvP Power affect PvE?
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    How does Resilience/PvP Power affect PvE?
    Indirectly - Blizzard could be less inclined to fix damage issues and would just ramp up the resilience or power of a specific class and spec and it could transfer over to PvE due to the root cause of the problem being the damage or the effect on an ability, not that they'd be that stupid, but then they'd never have tailored PvP stats for classes and specs. Try justifying that one on the forums.
    Last edited by willtron; 2014-04-07 at 11:05 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    It easier to balance around an even resi/power setup thats equal for everyone. It'd also affect PvE performance. Part of game balance is being competitive in both PvP and PvE without being overpowered, plus what about specs that don't fare too well in PvE? Do they get a passive DPS/Healing/Threat boost?

Therefore it's easier to resilience and power as a constant thats equal for all classes and balance PvP from that point, there'd be too much crying if it was adjusted per spec and per class.
    If a spec doesn't fare too well in either PvE or PvP, Blizzard could just go the traditional way and buff all damage or whatever.

If a spec doesn't fare too well in PvE, but is in a good place in PvP, Blizzard could buff "the traditional way" and reduce PvP Power/Resi to compensate.

If a spec doesn't fare too well in PvP, but is in a good place in PvE, Blizzard could just tweak the PvP Power/Resi to give a buff in PvP, while not affecting PvE in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Indirectly - Blizzard could be less inclined to fix damage issues and would just ramp up the resilience or power of a specific class and spec and it could transfer over to PvE due to the root cause of the problem being the damage or the effect on an ability, not that they'd be that stupid, but then they'd never have tailored PvP stats for classes and specs. Try justifying that one on the forums.
    Considering how Blizzard has made clear that the main focus of the game is PvE, isn't it a bit far fetched that they would fix damage issues only for PvP?
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Considering how Blizzard has made clear that the main focus of the game is PvE, isn't it a bit far fetched that they would fix damage issues only for PvP?
    It is, but they do address PvP burst problems and PvP utility - which does impact PvE.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    It's basically insanity to claim that the reason you don't want to blizzard to mess with the only two stats that don't affect PvE is because it will affect PvE.

Part of the reason PvP changes affect PvE so much is because they don't mess with these stats.
    Last edited by mmoc4c369d948d; 2014-04-08 at 10:25 AM.

Deleted
    well baseline resilience is getting remove in WOD anyways

- - - Updated - - -

It's basically insanity to claim that the reason you don't want to blizzard to mess with the only two stats that don't affect PvE is because it will affect PvE.

Part of the reason PvP changes affect PvE so much is because they don't mess with these stats.
    pvp power doesnt affect anything in pve and baselin resilience affects pvpers worse cos a raid geared person can easily stomp on a pvp geared person in full grevious/prideful due to the fact of baseline resilience

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    well baseline resilience is getting remove in WOD anyways
    i imagine a vestige of baseline resilience will remain. but even if it didn't, you could keep it as a stat that doesn't appear on gear. e.g. for moonkins:

barkskin: reduces damage taken by 20% and increases resilience by 5%
    moonfire: does x damage and increases pvp power vs this target by 3%

obviously the numbers are made up, but it would allow tuning for pvp without affecting pve, and without changing the theme or style of ability

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    pvp power doesnt affect anything in pve and baselin resilience affects pvpers worse cos a raid geared person can easily stomp on a pvp geared person in full grevious/prideful due to the fact of baseline resilience
    yeah baseline resilience combined with heroic raiding gear is one of the stupidest things i've ever seen.