Travel Speed Glyph

Glyph of Travel - Travel Form grants an additional 60% movement speed, but can no longer be used while in combat. This effect is disabled in battlegrounds and arenas and cannot be combined with other temporary speed bonuses.

So if the fastest ground mount riding is currently 100% and travel form is 40%+60% does this mean that Druid ground mounts will be the same as flying and we will just be able to insta-shapeshift and travel at the same speed as other classes that are mounted?

This will be awesome!

fastest ground mounts are 200% without additional buffs. This will just make travel form equivalent to other ground mounts.
    Last edited by Mortifie; 2014-04-07 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifie View Post
    fastest ground mounts are 200% without additional buffs. This will just make travel form equivalent to other ground mounts.
    is that all ground mounts or are there specific ones which are faster?

It turns Travel Form into an epic ground mount (200% speed). The downside is that it doesn't work in battlegrounds or combat, so you can't really take advantage of it for anything other than gathering. It's a cool glyph and I'm sure lots of people will use it (assuming it's minor), but don't expect it to be anything other than a neat novelty glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Einstein-Eonar View Post
    They're all the same. There's both 160% riding skill (level 20) and 200% riding skill (level 40), but your speed depends on your riding skill and not the mount you're using. All ground mounts are exactly the same speed.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

If will be a nice quality of life glyph for leveling though. Especially with no flying. I hate the cast time for ground mounts when running between mobs.

Deleted
    weren't blizzard planning on buffing ground mounts to 150%?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    It turns Travel Form into an epic ground mount (200% speed). The downside is that it doesn't work in battlegrounds or combat, so you can't really take advantage of it for anything other than gathering. It's a cool glyph and I'm sure lots of people will use it (assuming it's minor), but don't expect it to be anything other than a neat novelty glyph.

They're all the same. There's both 160% riding skill (level 20) and 200% riding skill (level 40), but your speed depends on your riding skill and not the mount you're using. All ground mounts are exactly the same speed.
    Well remenber that in Draenor we won't be able to fly around so it will be used as a normal mount by many druids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post

well, but it will work the same (it should) as flight for - menaing you will be able to gather herbs while in travel form and also meaning as long as u dont leave travel form combat wont effect you so you cna run away while if you are mounted on mount you could get dismounted/dazed)

td;lr With this glyph, travel form is like flight form, just for ground movement!

Deleted
    It's designed to turn travel form into a ground mount, much like flying form is a flying mount, albeit without the casting speed.

I'll likely be using it. I don't see much general use of the travel form as is, turning it into a ground mount will be pretty amazing.

Don't forget there is a glyph in there for Shamans to get the same treatment to ghost wolf, so at least this time we won't be the only class getting crap for having a unique ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Einstein-Eonar View Post
    There is no difference between mounts, as it is your riding skill that dictates your speed. The mount only determines what it looks like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly its one glyph I won't be using due to not having any glyph spots open for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Question is if when we are in combat we can still use it at the 40% we currently have or if it's just disabled. If it's completely disabled in combat then I won't be using the glyph. If it has the functionality to switch to 40% in combat, that's great - what a lot of people asked for.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Question is if when we are in combat we can still use it at the 40% we currently have or if it's just disabled. If it's completely disabled in combat then I won't be using the glyph. If it has the functionality to switch to 40% in combat, that's great - what a lot of people asked for.
    Well i have read that somewhere but its glyph effect will not work in arenas and bgs. Wich make sense but i don't know if they will allow you to use the old effect of it in those places.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    Don't forget there is a glyph in there for Shamans to get the same treatment to ghost wolf, so at least this time we won't be the only class getting crap for having a unique ability.
    Cept ghost wolf can be used indoors

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Well i have read that somewhere but its glyph effect will not work in arenas and bgs. Wich make sense but i don't know if they will allow you to use the old effect of it in those places.
    More curious about world pvp since it will be active during the first few months. Also, holy crap you've got a lot of toons!

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Sadly its one glyph I won't be using due to not having any glyph spots open for it.
    That should be a good thing. Finally we get some interesting choices. I don't even know what minor glyphs I'm using at the moment other than Sprouting Mushroom.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Cept ghost wolf can be used indoors
    The Ghost Wolf glyph will disable indoor use. If it doesn't already, it will be fixed in a patch. There's just no way that a glyph that allows you to basically mount indoors will go live.

Likely won't be affected by the guild perk, so herbing will still be fastest on a tauren dk/pally with a skygolem.

On a funnier note, the anglers raft already goes at crazy speeds when paddling it in travel form, this glyph is going to take it to ridiculous levels!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Likely won't be affected by the guild perk...
    I'm sure it will be eventually. We just have to wait for patch 8.3 before they get around to fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Likely won't be affected by the guild perk, so herbing will still be fastest on a tauren dk/pally with a skygolem.

On a funnier note, the anglers raft already goes at crazy speeds when paddling it in travel form, this glyph is going to take it to ridiculous levels!
    Ludicrous, even. Now we just need to get them to add a plaid trail.