Warcraft and this blue screen. Anyone know what is causing it please?

Hi all,

Would anyone happen to know what is causing this BSOD while playing World of Warcraft? It only happens when I play wow. I've tried fresh installs of Windows 7 64, New and old drivers etc. Nothing seems to fix it! The game can be running for any amount of random times and then just BSOD on me.

I've also run memory tests on the ram - no problems found. I really at a loss as to what can be wrong and why its doing this. I've also formatted the SSD the game is on and installed wow three times now. No luck! The SSD also have firmware updates done on them.

Help?

This may be a long shot but try re-installing DirectX.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Thanks,

I did a fresh install of Windows 7 on a formatted SSD at the weekend - would that help?

I googled a little and found the same question as your (maybe the one that posted that question is you).

Maybe the answer could solve your problem.

BSOD "dxgmms1.sys" while playing World of Warcraft on Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiri View Post
    I googled a little and found the same question as your (maybe the one that posted that question is you).

Maybe the answer could solve your problem.

BSOD "dxgmms1.sys" while playing World of Warcraft on Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Thanks,

Yes, I did have a read of that page over the weekend. Not much there to help me really.

Thanks though!

Direct X is typically integrated with newer versions of Windows.

Make sure ALL your drivers are up to date (including windows update).

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Direct X is typically integrated with newer versions of Windows.

Make sure ALL your drivers are up to date (including windows update).
    Thanks,

I've checked the drivers and everything is updated to the new drivers.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downl....aspx?id=17142

Was suggested in a thread discussing a similar issue.

Also suggested reinstalling Direct X, but I am not sure that's even possible.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...res/directx-11

Following the prompts and clicking links inevitably just takes you to the old DX9 installer, good luck.

Thanks all,

I just read a couple of forum posts that said about taking the hardware out of the pc and reseating it and clear any dust etc away. I seem to be running out of other options, so I'm going to try that later and see if it helps. Maybe also switching the game to DX9 mode?