Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I GUARANTEE you that the day they allow legendary mogs there will be furious threads on the forums full of people raging about the loss of exclusivity and prestige and threatening to quit.[/QUOTE]

Is there anything people haven't complained about and threathened to quit the game?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I do like the idea of transmogrification, I think legendaries should be exempt. Yes, the feature says "I have the item's look so everyone can see it, but it's not actually equipped", but if there was one limit it should be for legendary weapons. Seeing everybody running around with the Fangs, Thunderfury or the Warglaives would lose the uniqueness of the weapons in question.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    While I do like the idea of transmogrification, I think legendaries should be exempt. Yes, the feature says "I have the item's look so everyone can see it, but it's not actually equipped", but if there was one limit it should be for legendary weapons. Seeing everybody running around with the Fangs, Thunderfury or the Warglaives would lose the uniqueness of the weapons in question.
    Right, so you would rather they have to stand in major cities with them equipped being fucking useless as thats all "Oldschool" legendaries are good for. Got it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you make a legendary weapon look like another legendary weapon?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    So you're saying that doing the content when it was current is not earning it? Calling somebody a "special snowflake" because they were able to achieve something you were not is merely a sign of blatant jealousy. If you truly didn't care you wouldn't be posting on a World of Warcraft forum about legendary items to begin with. Obviously your statement is meant to convey that you think people are petty about this game, but it betrays you for your envy.
    But he has a point: without those other 24 people you wouldn't have gotten the legendary to begin with so why does only 1 person get to reap something that was largely a guild's decision for progression?

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    But he has a point: without those other 24 people you wouldn't have gotten the legendary to begin with so why does only 1 person get to reap something that was largely a guild's decision for progression?
    Because generally that person earned the right to receive the item over the other 24 people, usually by being a long standing member/good player/officer in guild etc.

apepi

Can you make a legendary weapon look like another legendary weapon?
    No. legendaries (currently) cannot be transmogged at all. Making them essentially, bank space wasters.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siphonfilter20 View Post
    Right, so you would rather they have to stand in major cities with them equipped being fucking useless as thats all "Oldschool" legendaries are good for. Got it.
    I'm not one of those morons who stands around in a city waiting for a queue to pop. I actually bother to go out in the world. It's also pretty stupid for you to assume that I was implying having a legendary means the only use is to stand around in a city waving it around. Currently there isn't much incentive to have them at max level, unless you like grinding feats or having the rare in-game weapons.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason blizzard doesn't want players to xmog them is because i think it would devalue them. But if i keep them in the bank where they will just collect dust and rust away. Doesn't that devalue them even more?

Deleted
    Nothing says value and prestige like sitting in my bank tab.

Because generally that person earned the right to receive the item over the other 24 people, usually by being a long standing member/good player/officer in guild etc. .
    When being a good player allows you to kill current tier bosses by yourself let me know because that's the only way this argument holds any water.

Deleted
    Because generally that person earned the right to receive the item over the other 24 people, usually by being a long standing member/good player/officer in guild etc.
    Back in Vanilla, I "earned" my right to receive Sulfuras by simply stockpiling every single DKP I got from week 1 of our raids. Well-deserved, indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really understood the restriction on transmogging them, or the people who are opposed to Blizzard removing that restriction.

Of course if they did remove it, you'd have a ton of people using them for their transmog at first. But then people would get bored with it and move on to other stuff. And those that truly just loved the look of it would continue to use it, just how everyone treats transmog.

But why do people care if someone went back to get an old legendary and then ran around with the transmog? Do you all really pay that much attention to what other players look like as you run around? Maybe I'm in the minority but I really don't pay much attention to what people are wearing in cities and especially not while I'm running around doing my dailies/achievements/whatever. The person who is going to spend the most time looking at your character is ... you. So if you really like the look of an old legendary, then I say allow it and let those people be happy.

The epeen part of having a legendary while its current (at least before the cloak that everyone can pretty easily obtain) is in having it during the time when its relevant. Its generally at least somewhat OP, so you get to crush the meters, and then you can run around with it showing when people don't have a lot of them and might respect that you have it (or much more likely, few will actually care). I don't think old legendaries really have any "value" (which is why I think Blizzard's statements why they keep them from being transmoggable are silly), especially now when they just sit in banks and maybe get brought out to /afk in cities. At least if they were transmoggable people would see them more often and maybe more people would be inspired to seek them out, which is just good for Blizzard from a business perspective (another carrot to dangle in front of some people).

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I GUARANTEE you that the day they allow legendary mogs there will be furious threads on the forums full of people raging about the loss of exclusivity and prestige and threatening to quit.
    Let's please do anything possible to make them follow through and quit. It'll be better for the community to have those cancerous crybabies gone.

Disagreeing with a decision or not liking something is fine, but they've got a long history of holding the larger group hostage with their whining about how things used to be (but never were - I was there).