Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Legendary Transmogrification

As someone who has just started playing again after taking a break, one the first things I was most looking forward to was to transmog my legendary weapon into my new current weapon and sadly realizing that its not possible. Is there any reason why not? Surely for all the hard work of getting them, it would make sense that people would want to be able to transmog their current weapon etc to look like their legendary they worked hard for... Just seems rather disappointing that they wouldnt allow you to do so.

Much lamesauce

Fair question. I would like to know as well, I hope it's not to "preserve their status as a legendary item", which is a lame excuse in my book. You've done the work to get them, they aren't transferable to another character and timespan of usefulness is fairly narrow. I would think transmogrification would do a lot to preserve that legendary feeling, being that you could look at your <legendary item> for years to come, without being dragged down by its inferior stats. Who knows though, I hope they have good reasons.

Are you meaning that you want to change your weapon to the looks of a legendary? They probably don't allow it due to some of the legendaries being extremely disproportionately sized (thunderfury comes to mind). They probobly just wanted to keep that out so everyone doesn't look silly. I know that's odd in this game's context, it is too me too, but they have stated before that they don't want completely ridiculous transmogs (I really wish I could transmog my rogue's weapons into fish...).

Is it so wrong to want to tank with my Thunderfury and Glaives Why do you hate us blizzard, why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they don't want people all walking around in legendaries. Because back when legendaries were actually legendary only a select few actually got them when it was challenging, current content.

going into MC every week and nuking the place with a lvl 90 doesn't count as work.

I am impressed Blizzard is at least standing their ground on this point. They seem to enjoy standing their ground on things they arent forced to change by suits.

Now if they removed legendaries after the tier was over? then sure, mog away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maulis425 View Post
    Fair question. I would like to know as well, I hope it's not to "preserve their status as a legendary item", which is a lame excuse in my book. You've done the work to get them, they aren't transferable to another character and timespan of usefulness is fairly narrow. I would think transmogrification would do a lot to preserve that legendary feeling, being that you could look at your <legendary item> for years to come, without being dragged down by its inferior stats. Who knows though, I hope they have good reasons.
    Well they said that if it's allowed way too many people will go around getting legendaries and use them as transmog all the time, and that will make the legendary less especial IMO they should allow us to transmog legendaries and if they want to make them "unique" or "exclusive", just add something to the game like the hunter tome to tame dinos and that will help, or a legendary questline (a really hard questline)

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Because they don't want people all walking around in legendaries. Because back when legendaries were actually legendary only a select few actually got them when it was challenging, current content.

going into MC every week and nuking the place with a lvl 90 doesn't count as work.

I am impressed Blizzard is at least standing their ground on this point. They seem to enjoy standing their ground on things they arent forced to change by suits.

They have had their legendary for years now...let it go.
    I for one think they should just allow legendaries to be mogged since it has no real issue anymore.
    You wanna go farm some silly old raids to get the legendaries? By all means.

It won't affect me who doesnt have it, nor those who has it.

It literally cosmetic though so who cares? If I did the work to get the legendaries then I should be able to transmog my current sword to LOOK like my old legendary... Its just stupid that I cant, I honestly cant think of a reason why not.

At least you can have the legendary item look once every hour. Ai-Li's Skymirror

10+ Year Old Account
    ^This.

I really wish they did - it'd make them actually mean something after the expansion was over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallu View Post
    At least you can have the legendary item look once every hour. Ai-Li's Skymirror
    Can you use it on yourself?

Edit: Nvm just checked, you can.... well now there's a good way to get your legendary weapon out :P

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you have Sulfuras and you're a Warlock (Don't ask why a warlock would have Sulfuras, i don't know...), you can use the Glyph of Felguard to make your Felguard use it

Here a picture:

Note: These can't be done with Thunderfury cause it only takes 2-hand weapons

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock with Sulfuras is not that strange.

Dedicated collectors want every legendary they can obtain, not just the ones they can use. My Rogue has Sulfuras too for instance
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Warlock with Sulfuras is not that strange.

Dedicated collectors want every legendary they can obtain, not just the ones they can use. My Rogue has Sulfuras too for instance
    Why do you have it in your rouge? (can rogue use 2-hand weapons), do you at least have it in your paladin too?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no reason to Xmog Legendaries. Blizzard is just being an asshole.

I don't think they've made a final decision on it but for now it's not allowed. They might relax the rules later.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Can you use it on yourself?

Edit: Nvm just checked, you can.... well now there's a good way to get your legendary weapon out :P

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you have Sulfuras and you're a Warlock (Don't ask why a warlock would have Sulfuras, i don't know...), you can use the Glyph of Felguard to make your Felguard use it

Here a picture:

Note: These can't be done with Thunderfury cause it only takes 2-hand weapons
    I haven't tried it but Warriors have a glyph that changes their weapon to look like one from their bags if I recall correctly, similar to this.

*EDIT* Checked, legendaries are excluded. Kek.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    There is no reason to Xmog Legendaries. Blizzard is just being an asshole.
    I GUARANTEE you that the day they allow legendary mogs there will be furious threads on the forums full of people raging about the loss of exclusivity and prestige and threatening to quit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

A fair compromise would be that you could only transmog legendaries if you have the achievement before the next expansion. Wouldn't work for classic weapons, but otherwise would thin it out to those that earned them.

Quote Originally Posted by Siphonfilter20 View Post
    Is there any reason why not? Surely for all the hard work of getting them, it would make sense that people would want to be able to transmog their current weapon etc to look like their legendary they worked hard for...
    That would make perfect sense if legendaries were made unobtainable after their respective expansion became irrelevant. But, that is not the case.

Do you know how many Monks I've seen running around with Warglaives? Most of them having solo'd Black Temple to get them? Not much "hard work" involved there is you ask me.

Allowing legendaries to become transmogrifiable would not turn out to be as awesome as you'd think. Everyone and their dog would be transmoging them, thus completely defeating the purpose of their status being "legendary". Those weapons are iconic for a reason.

Pulling them out just for show is a different matter, as they're considered 'collectibles' by most people. But running around and using them again in live combat as if they were just released is excessive. Let their usefulness stay in whatever prestigious past they represent.

Yeah they don't want people running around with legendaries that essentially require you to repeatedly sneeze on six year old bosses until you get the drops you need but it's completely okay to see every paladin in existence running around in T2.

This excuse always makes me laugh. "bbbut we wouldn't want to cheapen something someone got seven years ago!"

10+ Year Old Account
    If they would have removed the legendaries after the tier was over I'm guessing they would have allowed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Yeah they don't want people running around with legendaries that essentially require you to repeatedly sneeze on six year old bosses until you get the drops you need but it's completely okay to see every paladin in existence running around in T2.

This excuse always makes me laugh. "bbbut we wouldn't want to cheapen something someone got seven years ago!"
    well the different is the type they are, the legendary weapons should feel special and legendary so is not the same (I don't really agree with non-legendary transmog, but i was just telling you why is not the same with epic items and legendaries)