Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We will likely be more than fine for all current content without the perks.

Deleted
    We're getting Number Squish and other Changes. Perks provide very considerable numbers in buffs which I very much expect to be balanced with corresponding baseline nerfs.

Deleted
    DKs should get a visual system unique to their class (like how warlocks get green fire, paladins get a mount, druids get racial forms ECT)

Basically I think (based on the runforging) visual runes should appear on every weapon model (where possible). Call me boring but I think a purple runes with a purple glow for unholy, red runes with red blood dripping for blood and blue runes with icy effect for frost. You could have extra things too for more runeforging like maybe a corrupted skull floating on the blade like with the corrupted ashbringer. This all would probably cost a raid tier though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I'd rather ask for a summon to swap runeforges during trash than ask a warrior or paladin to give up on a weapon upgrade.
    I would like to see an ability to summon a death forge.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    We're getting Number Squish and other Changes. Perks provide very considerable numbers in buffs which I very much expect to be balanced with corresponding baseline nerfs.
    Sure, but there's no logic in balancing pre wod content around wod only perks.

The amount of pressure they are trying to put on the players to buy the xpac (all specs only becoming really viable for anything after gathering all the perks) is curiously closing my wallet really tightly shut.
    Huh? It's not like anyone can skip the expansion and continue to play the game. Either buy it or quit.

I like the Runes we have now, don't know why we would need to change them,

Maybe visual updates, but other than that I don't understand why people complain about having the best weapon enchants in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Huh? It's not like anyone can skip the expansion and continue to play the game. Either buy it or quit.
    There are many things I can do. I distinctly recall buying WotLK after reaching Outland on my first toon.
    If I find the experience of playing - without paying more then a tenner for an expac worth a fiver at best - disappointing, I'll take a break
    One of the last reasons for me to quit anything entirely is some random nettie telling me to.

Sure, but there's no logic in balancing pre wod content around wod only perks.
    That's perfectly fine, there is no logic whatsoever in how the ability prune was executed either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I'd rather ask for a summon to swap runeforges during trash than ask a warrior or paladin to give up on a weapon upgrade.
    Why would you need a summon when using death gate a second time takes you back?

Well blizzard said they wanted to tone down cooldown stacking, but removing every personal cooldown apart from gargoyle and pillar is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Why would you need a summon when using death gate a second time takes you back?
    That's a very good point. Because I forgot.

Using death gate a second time takes you back to the nearest graveyard, not in front of the boss where 24 of your guildmates are waiting on your return.

That even applies to world bosses in WoD, since you won't have flying, it'll take awhile to run back to the boss location.

Deleted
    Using death gate a second time takes you back to the nearest graveyard, not in front of the boss where 24 of your guildmates are waiting on your return.

That even applies to world bosses in WoD, since you won't have flying, it'll take awhile to run back to the boss location.
    True but corpse runs are shorter these days. Thank god the BRD/BWL/MC corpse run from classic is gone

If I find the experience of playing - without paying more then a tenner for an expac worth a fiver at best - disappointing, I'll take a break
    God you're frugal. Welp, nothing wrong w/ that I suppose.

OT, I'd be satisfied if they just updated our current runes, but keep the healing portion on each of them.
    e.g. Fallen Crusader = +15% strength proc + heal (no change).
    Cinderglacier = X% weapon damage proc as Frost + heal.
    Lichbane = X% Mastery proc + heal.
    etc.

Edit - Woot 100th post. Maybe time to post avatar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    God you're frugal.
    Frugal? I didn't realize unwillingness to overpay something twice is already in the territory of frugality. Welp, one keeps learning until death.
    Oh, you mean looking at the announcements you consider WoD worth much more? Than we just have different opinions but I guess that would be not quite as good since it doesn't allow slapping a label on someone so quickly.
    We got to the time when we have a choice of f2p MMOs which are actually quite awesome. Why pay at all?
    Since I earn my own keep, I tend to look for some reason before spending my money (someone being homeless is a good reason, some rockstar game developer being clueless is not). Don't you too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    True but corpse runs are shorter these days. Thank god the BRD/BWL/MC corpse run from classic is gone
    Things are easier than then, but a corpse run in most cases is more of a hassle than just getting summoned...

Anywhoo...I wouldn't mind perhaps seeing some new runes, I mean 2h frost is back to FC since they nerfed the buff to RI to only work when in conjunction with CG.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    2h frost is back to FC since they nerfed the buff to RI to only work when in conjunction with CG.
    That didn't happen. They combined the two into a single leveling perk, but they are not dependent on each other.

http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/157376-...es#18125-18156

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I would like to see an ability to summon a death forge.
    This would be cool. Visual upgrade would be nice, but this would be really cool. I like the Deathgate, but a sweet Death Forge spawn would be rad.

Deleted
    i want a rune that has "chance on hit, turns you into a large firebreathing chicken monster, or turns you into something random that pukes rainbows, abiously doing rainbow damage

10+ Year Old Account
    That didn't happen. They combined the two into a single leveling perk, but they are not dependent on each other.

http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/157376-...es#18125-18156
    Oh...guess I miss read...my fault lol. I still would like to see some new interesting runes some day...

If I were allowed to dream maybe a run for unholy that brings something like necrosis or bcb back...maybe both with a low chance for bcb to proc? Would be pretty cool imo.

Like I posted earlier, as long as each spec only uses one runeforge, I would much prefer that they all use the same runeforge so we can use the same weapon in multiple specs. This change was not really thought-out. They should either make runeforges a choice or just leave them alone.

It's not a big deal, though, and I doubt it will get many voices complaining in alpha/beta. I fully expect this to go live.