What's up with commanding shout?

I drafted commanding shout in arena this weekend and it ended up synergizing really well. I'm kinda suprised I don't see it more in constructed. Is there a reason this card isn't used more often?

Deleted
    Doesn't fit the meta. There are 2 warrior decks in constructed
    -->High Aggro
    -->Control
    High Aggro always goes for the face(no trading) and Warrior Control works via Spells/Battlecries/Legendaries and not minion trading

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Doesn't fit the meta. There are 2 warrior decks in constructed
    -->High Aggro
    -->Control
    High Aggro always goes for the face(no trading) and Warrior Control works via Spells/Battlecries/Legendaries and not minion trading
    Commanding shout could replace the Black Knight if you don't have it though.

It can get insane value, but it's often far too situational to be utilized with reasonable results in mind.
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I drafted commanding shout in arena this weekend and it ended up synergizing really well. I'm kinda suprised I don't see it more in constructed. Is there a reason this card isn't used more often?
    Because in well constructed decks you hardly see somebody attacking something he cant kill in that turn. So boards usually dont have a huge number of damaged cards that would die without commanding shout. You rarely find yourself in the situation as a warrior where you have lots of high attack/low hp minions and want to clear the board with them.
    You would have to build a low mana cost rush deck for that, but in those decks its 99% better to just ignore the board and hit the face. Making the card useless again.

It's good in arena because those games usually end in 3 vs 3 midgame clashes because AOE and removal is rare.

I could see a Wild Pyromancer/Commanding Shout/Whirlwind combo working as a board clear to beat zoo locks. Throw in a Frothing Berserker as well and you could really wreck face.

It's a fun card but really too tough to get the most out of.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I could see a Wild Pyromancer/Commanding Shout/Whirlwind combo working as a board clear to beat zoo locks. Throw in a Frothing Berserker as well and you could really wreck face.

It's a fun card but really too tough to get the most out of.
    The mega combo is laying out a Warsong Commander and Pyromancer one turn, then double-Frothing, Comm Shout, double-Whirlwind for two monstrous charges.

Actually being able to do this is the downside, as you need a turn to set up as well as a rather large and specific combo of cards.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    The mega combo is laying out a Warsong Commander and Pyromancer one turn, then double-Frothing, Comm Shout, double-Whirlwind for two monstrous charges.

Actually being able to do this is the downside, as you need a turn to set up as well as a rather large and specific combo of cards.
    Yeah I managed to pull off Pyromancer + Commanding Shout + Frothing + Charge(back when the spell was 0 cost) + Whirlwind + something else(Execute I think)a while back. It was glorious. But way too difficult to set up.