Siegecrafter - Tank Question

Hellos,
    well Today we have Raid and both our Tanks cant make it so i have to use 2 Testmember Tanks but i would need some Tipps to Explain them how to Kill the Add

I know a Feral wich doenst had the Thok/Immerseus/sha 9% trinkets and he was strugglign to Kill his Add even with 7 Stacks

Our Warrior never had any Problem with that but what i heard its kinda Harder with DKs,Monks,Ferals and Prot Paladins i dont know

so i wanted to Ask how u Tanks do it
    (we mainly Tank the Add next to the Boss expect the 2 ones where Tank only has 3 Stacks if we have to i would tell them to tank it a bit away but still how they have to paly/skill/use to kill them)

would be really happy for help thanks

Our stack rotation is as follows:

Tank 1 takes 3 stacks, picks up the Shredder and kills it in the center of the room on top of saw-blades.
    Tank 2 takes 2 stacks.
    Tank 1 takes his/her fourth stack. Shredder enters the fight here.
    Tank 2 takes his/her third stack.
    Tank 1 goes to 6 stacks. Shredder enters the fight shortly after the next taunt.
    Tank 2 goes to 6 (or, if necessary, 7 stacks).
    Tank 1 takes 3 and you repeat from there.

We run with a paladin and a warrior, and we found the most important thing is to maximize the damage we deal to the shredder during the 5 second damage taken increase it gets following 'Death From Above'. This is especially true for our paladin. If you're running with tanks who put out fairly low damage it is vital that they save all dps cooldowns to nuke the shredder during those 5 seconds. Tanks should be dpsing the shredder full time if it is alive and they have stacks, and only attacking the boss to generate threat. All active mitigation should be performed using the shredder to generate rage/other resources.

We only took the first shredder out, but you can also take it out when both tanks are running with low stacks after the off-tank's 7 have run off.

In short, make sure your tanks are nuking with everything they have immediately after Death From Above. 1 second of it wasted is a huge dps loss. If at 7 stacks your feral is still incapable of killing it, I would suggest taking a closer look at his ability usage or posting some combat parses here.

Are we talking heroic or normal? Because, if we're talking about normal, then no tank should ever have 7 stacks. 3 is the max stacks that should ever be needed on normal mode. If we're talking heroic, then... do you really want to bother putting attempts in with 2 inexperienced tanks?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Heroic ofc

we kileld him allrdy few times but we i said our maintanks arent here this id and i would like to tell the new 2 how to "dmg" their shredders properly before they cant kill them and we whipe on that

Theincbear discussion suggests Guardians use Inc (and possibly pot) for a low-stack one, with Berserk+NV for a mid-stack one. I would expect that skull bash/wild charge back to the shredder after DFA would save 2 seconds of airtime too.

For warrior,
    eat the death from above and heroic leap back on to its face, Dragon Roar/Bloodbath combo, shield slam execute.
    http://theincbear.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1113

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    ... do you really want to bother putting attempts in with 2 inexperienced tanks?
    This. If its a farm boss you are just setting your test tanks up for failure.

TBH, it's not a strat problem. As you said if he can't kill it with 7 stacks, sadly he just wasn't doing his tank rotation right. 3 or 4 stacks could be hard without cd, but 7 stacks shredder shouldn't even survive to death from above.

First of all we are killing the mines on the belt all the times to maximize DPS on boss. We manage to get a pretty fast kill. It allows us to do this tank rotation.

As Guardian, I am doing the fight this way :

Pulling With Pot + NV.

At 3 stacks, rushing add, Inc and putting it in a saw. When the add does DfA, stay in the aoe. Mangle it as soon as you see the debuff, Skull bash it during the jump to stay in range, then spam mangle/Maul.
    The add should die right after the debuff fades.

The other tank should have 2 debuffs atm.
    Taunt the boss and use barskin.

Once you got the 4th debuff. Go for next add. Here you put it in fire. Use NV when you reach the shredder. When DfA, pop berzerk (during the shredder jump), mangle, skull bash, mangle/maul to death. It should die really fast at this point and provide some extra raid healing.

If you feel safe to reach 7 stacks (No cloak proced, SI and Ursoc up), I used to taunt the boss when the other tank is at 4 stacks. I use barskin on 5th stacks. Shout for an external (Hand of Sacrifice should be enough) and then Ursoc right before the 6th. Finally SI (with Ursoc still up) on the 7th.
    At this time, the second tank drag the add to the boss and we will destroy it when DfA occurs.

At 7 stack, if your cloak still did not proc'd, you can handle a 8th stacks without CD for extra vengeance and to extend the debuff duration.

This is a bit greedy to soak that much stacks but it was the way we found to handle a tank that was not confident on killing his add. Just be sure you melees dont stay in the DfA when the shredder is under the boss.

We are killing the boss a bit later.