Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by swissedog View Post
    And yet...atonement usually on a normal fight makes up a very small portion of total healing.
    Why do people keep looking at just atonement? No, atonement itself is not OP. It's all the stuff that Asiel listed above your post that makes it OP.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swissedog View Post
    And yet...atonement usually on a normal fight makes up a very small portion of total healing.

It's my opinion that it's considered overpowered because people don't like seeing a healer doing damage. what. ever. Oh and they mistake the l90 talents and DA for the reason that atonement is a problem.

Doesn't matter. they'll nerf it, they always do, then they'll buff it because they always do.
    It's my opinion that if holy was given atonement instead of discipline in the exact form discipline has (including offensive penance) except for divine aegis, very few people would have an issue with it. Atonement is not an overpowered ability by itself (prone to overhealing, relatively low output), it is overpowered in the discipline toolkit (our crit negates its innate overhealing disadvantage). If they scale the healing back, which they are doing, it will still have the advantage of producing DA bubbles and will be fine in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    It's my opinion that if holy was given atonement instead of discipline in the exact form discipline has (including offensive penance) except for divine aegis, very few people would have an issue with it. Atonement is not an overpowered ability by itself (prone to overhealing, relatively low output), it is overpowered in the discipline toolkit (our crit negates its innate overhealing disadvantage). If they scale the healing back, which they are doing, it will still have the advantage of producing DA bubbles and will be fine in WoD.
    100% agree.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazor View Post
    Your main point aside for a moment there, how is Atonement prone to overhealing (outside of absorbs)? The % of overhealing it does seems very low compared to most other healing spells.

Mazor.
    Mostly because you would use other spells for heavily damaged targets / periods of high damage. It is essentially sniping heals off the top whenever someone takes damage. For any other spec (200% crit healing), it seems like it would overheal a lot. My reasoning anyways
    Last edited by Nurasu; 2014-04-15 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I always thought it was wong to have it produce DA at all. Just transferring a flat percentage of the damage done (increased by the healing portion of our mastery) would have been much more intuitive and would have created less problems. I'd prefer for them to just change it back to that instead of reducing the percentage of the health transferred.
    And when they are at it to get rid of the mistakes (in my opinion) done when hastyly changing our crit and DA they can make IF just double the heal it affects while suppressing crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I always thought it was wong to have it produce DA at all. Just transferring a flat percentage of the damage done (increased by the healing portion of our mastery) would have been much more intuitive and would have created less problems. I'd prefer for them to just change it back to that instead of reducing the percentage of the health transferred.
    And when they are at it to get rid of the mistakes (in my opinion) done when hastyly changing our crit and DA they can make IF just double the heal it affects while suppressing crit.
    Yes, removing the DA generating ability of Atonement would make sense. Then again, passive DA isn't going to be as much of a concern come WoD due to lower secondary stats and a greatly increased difficulty in stacking stats.