Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

How much stats needed for 1% of each stat

So I'm looking at the data that Simulationcraft has been able pull from the Alpha and I noticed something all theorycrafters would like to know going into WoD. And that is the amount of stats needed for 1% of each stat. I'll rattle off what is required for 90 as well as what is required for level 100. I would like to caveat this by saying that this COULD CHANGE between now and release but it should give a good early indication on where things stand:

https://code.google.com/p/simulation...8c4cce9fd59162

HP Per stamina:
    90 - 49
    100 - 60

Base Mana Regen per Spirit:
    90 & 100 - 0.824414074420929

Mana
    90 - 37,000
    100 - 160,000

Crit Rating = 1% Crit
    90 - 23
    100 - 110

Haste Rating = 1% Haste
    90 - 16
    100 - 80

Mastery Rating = Mastery Value (From here you multiply this by ((Base Mastery % of spec) / 8) )
    90 - 23
    100 - 110

PVP Power = 1% PvP Power
    90 - 10
    100 - 49

Multistrike = 1% Multistrike (Multistrike does have a 200% cap; for more info you can read this: http://lhiveras-library.com/content/multistrike-and-you)
    90 - 7
    100 - 33

Readiness = 1 Readiness Value (Multiplied by spec specific coefficient)
    90 - 23
    100 - 110
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2014-04-17 at 11:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice reference, glad to see multistrike is reasonable to obtain a modest percentage (given the 200% cap)

Deleted
    Wow they really did ramp up the MP5 per spirit, right now it's around 0.56

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    What about readiness?
    Nothing yet on SimC's side so don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Wow they really did ramp up the MP5 per spirit, right now it's around 0.56
    That was to be expected. They do want to make it a better stat, and it will be available on fewer items, makes sense they're bumping it up.

Seems that at a 110 : 33 ratio crit and multistrike will be equivalent stats, from there on it depends if you're class has some decent perks buffing eihter one...
    That will open up the available good secondary-stats for quite a few class/speccs (us WWs, MWs, hunters etc) which like crit.
    (still don't trust them to bring all secondary stats in line^^ so multistrike is at least a given crit-equivalent stat, good to know)

Thanks, Hinalover! This will surely be useful information.

I expected Multistrike to be a bit higher compared to crit. Hm. Oh right, crits hit less hard in Warlords. That include heals? But wait, doesn't that mean it should be even higher? I'm too tired to math right now. I'll just look again later...
    Last edited by Geodew; 2014-04-10 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Don't take these to heart, these will usually change a great deal over the course of the beta.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Thanks, Hinalover! This will surely be useful information.

I expected Multistrike to be a bit higher compared to crit. Hm. Oh right, crits hit less hard in Warlords. That include heals? But wait, doesn't that mean it should be even higher? I'm too tired to math right now. I'll just look again later...
    Crits are still 200% in PvE. They're only changing to 150% in PvP to reduce burst when everything is added together. (Multi+offensive CD's, plus Crit...)

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Don't take these to heart, these will usually change a great deal over the course of the beta.
    I see. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by allaiva View Post
    Crits are still 200% in PvE. They're only changing to 150% in PvP to reduce burst when everything is added together. (Multi+offensive CD's, plus Crit...)
    Oh, right. I knew that, but forgot

Looks like multistrike and crit will be pretty close in +damage% values given the cheap stat budget for multistrike. That's expected, but good to see.

As a Brewmaster I'd want to have enough multistrike so that I was getting a good number of GotO orbs. It remains to be seen if Tiger Strikes will provide enough of that.

I'm also reminded that Multistrike is 2 rolls at X/2% to hit for 33%, not 2 rolls at X% to hit for 33%. I think that was the source of my confusion at the rating conversions. (Or was it 30%?) That puts Multistrike at 10% stronger than crit at 0% of each (which of course will never actually happen due to base crit, but just for illustration), or equal @ 30%.

I may not need to say this, but keep in mind that many specs also have crit synergy (Fire Mage is the prime example), and Blizz said somewhere they will likely make new passives or change old ones to synergize with multistrike, so it's too early to make stat weights between the two, since they will vary a bit by spec.

Edit: Yes, I believe it is 30%.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2014-04-16 at 08:13 AM.

I may not need to say this, but keep in mind that many specs also have crit synergy (Fire Mage is the prime example), and Blizz said somewhere they will likely make new passives or change old ones to synergize with multistrike, so it's too early to make stat weights between the two, since they will vary a bit by spec.
    Windwalkers probably won't need any real passives. The numbers are close enough between crit and multistrike to make either a valid gearing strategy. Brewmasters are going to be an interesting case to watch to see how multistrike interacts with GotO and Elusive Brew charges.

I'm also reminded that Multistrike is 2 rolls at X/2% to hit for 33%, not 2 rolls at X% to hit for 33%. I think that was the source of my confusion at the rating conversions. (Or was it 30%?) That puts Multistrike at 10% stronger than crit at 0% of each (which of course will never actually happen due to base crit, but just for illustration), or equal @ 30%.
    As a multistrike seems to do 30% additional damage and not 33% as you say, the stats are completly equivalent in terms of expected additional damage per stat budget

Did they not also say Multistrikes can crit? If that's true, and I believe it is, there is multiplicative synergy between the two stats. Not as simple as saying they're equal. That's why I said "at 0% of both." Given a choice between the two, you would want more rating of whichever you have "less"* of, assuming no class/spec synergy, and assuming you only care about your average damage/healing as opposed to lowering the standard deviation of it (which may be useful in particular for healing).

For example, if you do 1000 damage with an ability,
    30% crit chance (full crit rating): average damage 1300
    15% crit chance, 2x25% multistrike (half crit half MS): average damage 1322.5
    2x50% multistrike (full MS)**: average damage 1300

1322.5/1300 = +1.73% performance

*Multiply your crit chance by 110 (the rating per 1%). This is your effective crit rating for determining which you have "more" of. Base Multistrike is 0%, so you can just look at the rating for that directly.

**Not actually possible due to base crit chance, but you get the idea

15+ Year Old Account
    Well looking at Wowhead's gear listing, they are finally showing some % values for readiness

http://wod.wowhead.com/item=104476

It appears that at level 90, it requires 23 Readiness to equal 1 Readiness Value. Given that my Heroic AoC 2/2 upgrade provides 47.63% Readiness, and in WoD, the 2/2 Heroic upgrade provides 94 Readiness; or 4.0869565 Readiness value. I'm estimating (and this has not been finalized so bear with me on this) that the following coefficients are for Monks:

Windwalker Monks - 1 Readiness Value = 11.562%
    Brewmaster Monks - 1 Readiness Value = 5.781%
    Mistweaver Monks - 1 Readiness Value = 5.781%

This is just an early estimate and can and will change.

On that note, since it requires 23 Readiness to equal 1 Readiness Value at 90, we can assume that it requires 110 Readiness to equal 1 Readiness Value at level 100.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2014-04-18 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugg, crit is a bit on the expensive side. MS is 1% for 33 rating, crit is 1% for 110 rating, and haste is 1% for 80 rating?

The way it appears then is that blizzard will expect us to cap MS/Haste caps relatively quickly (200% MS is 6600 rating, 100% crit is 11000 rating, 50% haste, the normal cap for most classes, will be 4000 rating).

so yea, crit is pretty dang expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Ugg, crit is a bit on the expensive side. MS is 1% for 33 rating, crit is 1% for 110 rating, and haste is 1% for 80 rating?

The way it appears then is that blizzard will expect us to cap MS/Haste caps relatively quickly (200% MS is 6600 rating, 100% crit is 11000 rating, 50% haste, the normal cap for most classes, will be 4000 rating).

It's the same way on live. Realistically, no one actually has more than around 30% crit from rating, the only reason people have crazy 60%+ crit is from Int and Agi crit scaling, which won't exist anymore. Crit is just very expensive because it increases all damage, whereas haste only affects some things and Multistrike doesn't do nearly as much damage per 1% crit.

Not really. We start with 15% base crit (for non MWers). And 66% crit is about equivalent to 200% multistrike. So 51% crit would be 5100 and 200% multistrike would be 6600. So crit is baseline a bit better because of our base crit percentage. Though that doesn't factor in the additional MS average we will be getting from tiger strikes - or the multistrike WWers currently will get from Energizing Brew.

Edit: I take that back. 200% MS is probably about 60% crit. Makes crit even better relatively speaking. Of course again not taking into the average extra multistrike a monk gets over time.
    Last edited by Luneward; 2014-04-24 at 05:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, I don't think we will be reaching those values at least in the first raid tier or two. Looking at JUST the 660 ilvl PvP gear that I threw together (no enchants or anything)

http://wod.wowhead.com/list=1153781/...-equipment-set

982 Mastery = 8.93 * 2.5 (current value of Mastery = 22.32%
    1079 Crit = 9.81% (+ 10 from Critical Strikes passive, and 5% base = 24.81%
    765 Haste = 9.5625%
    480 Multistrike = 14.55%