Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

What keeps you coming back, or keeps you from stopping

I've been playing this game on and off since its release. Left in bc for 3 months...came back. Played in wrath hardcore, and quit for cata's release. A lot of it (except goblins and deathwing) just didn't appeal to me. Deathwing turned out to be a disappointment it seems as an end boss anyway.

Came back for mists, and played regularly, and because of drama with the 2 guilds i was in, the one raid guild falls apart and everyone disperses. The other pvp guild i was in, guild leader picked up guild and moved it to another server without telling anyone except a few other people. So i stopped playing last season because I didn't feel like finding another guild and seeing the gear was a re-skin i said meh, I'll wait until near the end.

Around same time(nov-dec), i started playing ffxiv aar. I actually love it. And i started playing it full time and hardcore. Now, i'm at the point where i have no desire to continue playing it and I want to go back to wow again -_-. I've tried quite a few mmo's and this is what happens every-time. Not sure exactly what is, but....

I think for me it's the history i have with it, the vast universe and lore, and the time I have invested into the game. Not to mention...the game is continually polished and had come a long way from where it was....good or bad. How about everyone else? Or what was the last straw that stopped you from coming back period? A better mmo? Or something about WoW itself?
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

My guild keeps me from stopping. Love the people there too much to just say "Fuck it, I'm out.".
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    100 days in my druid makes me want to log on just to run about abit. then i get hooked and sink more hours in.
    I calculated my /played time on all my toons. At 300 days now.

Its not just wow though. I got back into d2, wc3, starcraft (1) last year. Got a lot of my memories in all these games and its good to jump back in and relive them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding with my guild. If not for the people I raid with and the fun I have whilst raiding then I would've not returned to the game probably. I can do other things such as PvP and transmog farming and such, but my core is raiding so without that it's just pointless as the other minor things can't warrant my money. It's not as good as it used to be as a lot of people have left, but some are coming back for WoD and we hope to be in full throttle by then, combined with it being a new expac I can't wait!

15+ Year Old Account
    Wish i could get into a guild like that...I always seem to get into drama or asshole filled guilds. And those very things are what seems to obliterate them. Wth am I doing wrong >.<?
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

Deleted
    I've seen many great guilds disintegrate for one reason or another. I might have quit already, or had an extensive break from WoW, if a certain good friend wouldn't have kept playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Addiction keeps me from stopping this Epic Hamster-Wheel-of-Death!

10+ Year Old Account
    the prospect of updated models now will keep me coming back.

What keeps me from stopping and taking a break from wow, is that there are no other decent mmorpgs out there currently I want to play. The only one on the horizon that takes my interest in wildstar, and thats not till june.
    #boycottchina

Started in 2.4, played 6 hours a day throughout WotLK, was perhaps at my peak skill-level in early Cata, and then kind of stumbled down the hill into not-playingness during MoP. I still have interest in coming back to the game, though, and the thing that drew me in, kept me playing, and has kept me interested has always been the lore and the expansive universe. The gameplay changes are primarily what's driven me away, but the lore is always engrossing enough to keep me within a stone's throw of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

Lore and the simple fact the game is damn good entertainment.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    My guild keeps me from stopping. Love the people there too much to just say "Fuck it, I'm out.".
    I'm very close with the majority of my guild. I don't want to stop playing with them.

I have no life and WoW is about the only thing that gives me something to do.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    Quit during ToT but played since vanilla release. What kept me playing was mainly too much free time and few other activities I enjoyed doing. WoW is an excellent time-sink.

There is no better timesink $/hour. And it gives great opportunity to talk with people from other countries/cultures while idling in guild/raid chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are two things that keep me coming back:

1. Friends: As long as my friends continue to play, and I have a place to come back to, I'll eventually end up wandering back in for a few months to play again.

2. Curiosity: I'm always curious about what's new with the game, which is going to bring me back for WoD. So long as there's something new to try in the game, I'll come back to try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    the prospect of updated models now will keep me coming back.
    You must be really excited about it...I don't think I've met anybody else who thinks that updated models is such a big deal. I don't really care personally...I'm not trying to start trouble, I'm honestly curious why is it of such importance to you?

Enjoying casual PvP right now.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

monthly fee stops me from playing WoW
    i stil love the game. but i would log only in like once a week, sometimes 2 times at most.
    not worth the money for me.

last i played i only messed around here and there or just didnt log in at all.
    bored pretty much.
    im happy playing hearthstone for free atm

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I was finally free from WoW's grasp having been away since just before Panda's released.

WoD looks like I may be sucked back into the bottomless pit with a number of features that appeal to me. From where I'm sitting, they're offering things players have been asking for for a long time.

I enjoy raiding more now then ever.