Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why keep fist weapons around?

Now, I was looking at the new weapons and I saw fist weapons. I thought to myself "kind of silly they have them even". The only dps class I know of that uses them are combat rogues and monks (correct me if Im wrong on monks), and enhance shamans. Resto and elemental shamans can use them, if they have int instead of agility. Those are the only ones Ive known to actually use fist weapons for PvE. That is a smaller portion of the possible specs that can use them, provided they have the right stats and or it didn't ruin their dps so much. Its sort of like the polarms. They are cool, but only a few classes can use them normally. I just think they should let every class that can use em use em and only have the stats determine if they do or not, or just get rid of em. I would love to use some on my rogue, but assassination can't and wont be able to either in WoD unless we want a big cut to our dps.

That's many more specs than use int plate, buddy.

The only problem with fist weapons is them not showing in combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice if they made it so agi int and str were interchangeable on items depending on the spec and class of the wielder. That way paladins, warriors, monks and druids could all use the same polearm. Same with fist weapons with rogues, monks, shamans and warriors.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Why not remove wands, only few can use them.
    Why not remove shields, only 2 classes can use them.

etc etc etc.

Combat rogues can use agi fists.
    Monks can use agi/int fists.
    Fury warrior can use str fists.
    Enha shaman can use agi fists.
    Ele shaman can use int fists

Doesn't sound useless.

What should be done, is merge the fist weapon transmog with other 1h weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Now, I was looking at the new weapons and I saw fist weapons. I thought to myself "kind of silly they have them even". The only dps class I know of that uses them are combat rogues and monks (correct me if Im wrong on monks), and enhance shamans. Resto and elemental shamans can use them, if they have int instead of agility. Those are the only ones Ive known to actually use fist weapons for PvE. That is a smaller portion of the possible specs that can use them, provided they have the right stats and or it didn't ruin their dps so much. Its sort of like the polarms. They are cool, but only a few classes can use them normally. I just think they should let every class that can use em use em and only have the stats determine if they do or not, or just get rid of em. I would love to use some on my rogue, but assassination can't and wont be able to either in WoD unless we want a big cut to our dps.
    Yet Rogues are the only ones to use daggers. It brings more flavor and possibilities for good looking models to use on weapons instead of just sword with spikes, sword with more spikes and SWORD WITH SKULLS. We can now have spiky gloves and handles with pointy skulls.

We will have the stats swap around from spec to spec anyway, so there's a higher chance we will see some in the next expansion than say, Cata. That one enhance fist your Shaman has is now a perfectly fine Elemental weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post

etc etc etc.

Combat rogues can use fists.
    Monks can use fists.
    Fury warrior can use firsts.
    Enha shaman can use fists.
    Ele shaman can use fists if it has int.

Doesn't sound useless.

Don't forget Resto Druids if it has int. Used to rock that Wraith Strike hard until I got my Torch of the Holy Fire back in Naxx25.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    It would be nice if they made it so agi int and str were interchangeable on items depending on the spec and class of the wielder. That way paladins, warriors, monks and druids could all use the same polearm. Same with fist weapons with rogues, monks, shamans and warriors.
    Maybe they can work that into the new system. But still wouldn't help for rogues who would lose a bit of dps by not using the right weapons in assass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post

etc etc etc.

Combat rogues can use fists.
    Monks can use fists.
    Fury warrior can use firsts.
    Enha shaman can use fists.
    Ele shaman can use fists if it has int.

Doesn't sound useless.

Elemental and warriors can use them if the stats are right. I already covered that. Just like with fists, removing shields and wands wouldn't be missed. Heck, seems they are already working on removing the wands. They are useless for the most part since only three classes can use them if they are agil, even less if they are int or strength. Heck, if its strength only one class can use it. Of those three classes only 1spec for rogue can use it, only 1spec of shaman can at a time. Monks have it so 2/3 can use agil. I just would like them to at least be able to be used by any spec of that class able to wield it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Yet Rogues are the only ones to use daggers. It brings more flavor and possibilities for good looking models to use on weapons instead of just sword with spikes, sword with more spikes and SWORD WITH SKULLS. We can now have spiky gloves and handles with pointy skulls.

We will have the stats swap around from spec to spec anyway, so there's a higher chance we will see some in the next expansion than say, Cata. That one enhance fist your Shaman has is now a perfectly fine Elemental weapon.
    Pretty sure the stat swap isn't planned to be on weapons as well(unless I missed that). And sure, they look really really cool, but what's the point when so few see them?

Flavour - There are a few aspects of the game that could easily be cut, but it'd reduce the feel of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    That's many more specs than use int plate, buddy.

The only problem with fist weapons is them not showing in combat.
    fist weapons show once you start attacking,

when not in combat, unless you bring them out, yes they are hidden

It's a really small change for them to make weapons as interchangeable as armor is going to be. I don't really see why they wouldn't.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Because one day there will be a 2 handed fist weapon with STR on it. It will be completely outrageous in design and actual real life application, but we will love it and warriors will fight to the death over it.
    Or I can just continue hoping for it.
    Last edited by theostrichsays; 2014-04-07 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Edited for Zantos being correct.

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Because one day there will be a 2 handed fist weapon with STR on it. It will be completely outrageous in design and actual real life application, but we will love it and pallies/dks/warriors will fight to the death over it.
    Or I can just continue hoping for it.
    Nah they wouldn't. Only warriors can wield fist weapons. That's why if a strength one is made only one class can use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gmfitzgerald View Post
    It's a really small change for them to make weapons as interchangeable as armor is going to be. I don't really see why they wouldn't.
    Its blizz, they tend to do a lot of things that don't make sense. Like revamping how tanks work literally every expansion.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Nah they wouldn't. Only warriors can wield fist weapons. That's why if a strength one is made only one class can use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Its blizz, they tend to do a lot of things that don't make sense. Like revamping how tanks work literally every expansion.
    Your right, I apologize, recovering from a migraine... Still warriors would fight to the death for it and we could see it being a loot table drop from a world boss similar to Ordos... I can always dream.

Fist weapons look awesome, and will hopefully get some more love once Blizzard has a spare moment. I don't know why, but they have been totally neglected in animations, and that's why they're not popular anymore.
    -Monks will only display them on character if you unsheathe.
    -Whereas random-stat generated fist weapons can be strength based, all the raid drops are agility weapons.
    -They're not visible on character when sheathed.

In my opinion, Blizzard should:
    -Allow death knights to use them. Lore? Well, since they can use all kinds of weapons in addition to the rune blade, I don't see why they can't use a fist weapon.
    Now it's more natural to make a strength version and add it to a loot tables.
    -Attach them to the hip when sheathed.
    -Make a glyph for monks to display weapons on all attacks, including fist weapons.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    -Attach them to the hip when sheathed.
    -Make a glyph for monks to display weapons on all attacks, including fist weapons.
    I like fist weapons not being shown when sheathed.
    Also the whole idea behind monks is that they are more adept at using their bodies as weapons, if they were using weapons for all attacks they'd just be warriors.

Resto and elemental shamans can use them, if they have int instead of agility. Those are the only ones Ive known to actually use fist weapons for PvE.
    http://wowhead.com/item=94760 says "Hi!" to monk healer, druid healer and druid caster.

I thought they making WoD gear change primary stats depending on your spec?

Or that does not include weapons?

I love fist weapons, they are doing it for me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynai View Post
    I thought they making WoD gear change primary stats depending on your spec?

Or that does not include weapons?
    I would love so, but honestly I don't think that will be possible. Imagine resto shamans with ULTRASPIKY WALL SHIELDS with int and/or rogues dual-wielding healer model gavels. That'd be just bizarre. Some models just don't click thematically.

However, I played Feral druid and as a nature guardian I wore ghastly Rogue armor, so... Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    I would love so, but honestly I don't think that will be possible. Imagine resto shamans with ULTRASPIKY WALL SHIELDS with int and/or rogues dual-wielding healer model gavels. That'd be just bizarre.
    Well I mean... that can already happen thanks to transmogrification.