Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I simply point out, that you can't base an Azeroth map on Earth facts.

If you cannot handle constructive feedback, don't ask for it..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    who said "earth" facts? those are properties that planets have, they have orbits around stars, they have a rotation axis, and that axis has a certain angle with the plane in which they orbit the star. i said i made a globe map, you don't seem to understand what a globe, or planet is... that's not constructive feedback, that's just wierd

15+ Year Old Account
    You all seem to forget this is a fantasy game where there is a fantasy world with fantasy physics.
    Azeroth has no poles, pandaria and northrend are its 'poles' according to in-game maps found in Titan facilities.

Deleted
    they said in blizzcon that when they made those maps, they knew they'd regret it because they wanted to complete the map latter

- - - Updated - - -

still, you are missing the point, there is not a lot of information about the geography of the planet, and i made the map with what was reasonable to speculate, constructive criticism would be to point out what could be different and why

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, did anyone notice the terrain has a lot more complexity than in the google map version? and the lighting effect? and the effect on the maelstrom?
    Also, anyone knows a good way top put some clouds? The ones from the filter in GIMP aren't very nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Neat!

Psst... someone add street view and make sure to get funny/embarrassing shots of characters outside their future homes.

Deleted
    hehe that would require lots of fly overs, but would be funny to see, maybe blizzard and google make an algorithm to make that automatically if we ask nicely?

Deleted
    Well, it looks like no one is interested in constructive anything, only being ignorant pseudo geeks that don't understand geometry and just like to say no for no particular reason... What a disapointent, i actually thought that people would like this, but i guess i misjudged this comunity.

Perhaps a higher resolution map would be on your next to-do-list?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunoRo View Post
    Well, it looks like no one is interested in constructive anything.
    Or maybe you just don't see constructive critism, if it bit you in the a$$..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Deleted
    what exactly did you say that was constructive in any way?
    the map resolution is 2850x1800, it's a pretty high resolution, for more, you can use the website

It's pretty useless to try and apply Earth physics to Azeroth. The passive magic of things like leylines, the nether/planes connections, the well, etc completely alter basic climate structures. Outland shouldn't even be able to retain air at it's current size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunoRo View Post
    what exactly did you say that was constructive in any way?
    the map resolution is 2850x1800, it's a pretty high resolution, for more, you can use the website
    Not only do you not recognise constructive critism, but apparantly you can't read through your own thread either...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's pretty useless to try and apply Earth physics to Azeroth.
    ^^ THIS sums up my CONSTRUCTIVE critism..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    The Azeroth map isn't complete yet, it has lots of south sea islands to put in.
    Exactly, not to say that Pandaria should being right in the The Veiled Sea, west of Kalimdor, not in the South Seas, hampering the existence of the rest of the missing continents (yes, Kezan and Zandalar are semi-continents) and islands ... stupid Blizzard ...

Deleted
    Looks like there are still 3-4 places in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms where they can put zones like in Cataclysm...

I've always felt there was more to Azeroth. I never saw Pandaria as the south pole either, more like it was just one section of the whole of Azeroth. I don't count that stupid map in Ulduar anymore. They devs seem to ignore it completely anyway. We should too.

Deleted
    First there is no such thing as earth physics, just physics in general.

If you agree that azeroth is a planet with day night cycles and orbits a star, the rest is just optics and thermodynamics. it is obviously fictional, and in fiction sometimes you have things that wouldn't be possible.
    Still the game is clearly based on a planet with day and night cycles, thus a rotational axis, a tendency to be colder on norther spots, therefore an equator line, and some differences can be explained by ley lines and things like that. Still it is not a complete map.

With this information, if you want to make a globe, you have to fill the gaps, and constructive critics would be saying things that could be there to fill those gaps that aren't mentioned in the game.

Oh, and don't try to talk about physics if you don't know what it is.