Deleted

No PVP guides on this forum?

why is there no guide for talents ,gems and glyphs etc for all classes about PVP, even arena junkies is only for arenas there guides and they say as a DK 2H you should gem full haste which is a waste of gems and a DPS loss,

can we have some PVP guides for bg's on this forum cos i msick of searching for something like dk 2h frost gemming 5.47 and when i do search it theres nothing there or theres a thread that looks good but its like 2 or 3 years out of date.

and ive even posted threads in the dk forum yet nobody replies where the hell am i supposed to get my PVP info from cos there is only 2 sites that i know of that cover PVP arena junkies and noxxic

arena junkies (arena only)

noxxic (basic info on stuff rarely updated)

No one wrote one? No one gives a shit about PvP enough to write a guide here? No one thinks it's neccesary?

This is really a discussion and news forum rather than a guide site. A lot of people in the community try to have guides up, but it's never been our priority... It's really the prerogative of people in the PvP community to write guides if they'd like to, and we'd certainly sticky well-researched, helpful ones.

Deleted
    guess the easiest way is not to ask help here since 99% are like the poster above the mod who dnt give a shit about pvp, well tbh its vice versa for me i dnt care about pve yet theres a billion sites with guides on for it.

easiest way is to look at the RBG ladder as il never get any help here since this site is full of PVP hating peoples

I have no idea how you got that from what I wrote, but okay. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, I'm quite tired.

Let me try to rephrase in case there was any confusion:

People on this forum are invited and welcome to write whatever guides they desire. Moderators are not pressured or required to write guides, we just monitor forum behavior. If a guide for something doesn't exist, it is because no one in the entire MMO-Champion community has decided to write it, or if it was written, it was not given enough attention or traffic by the community to be stickied.

If no one was interested in writing PvE guides, we wouldn't have them either. We're not a guide-focused site, but we do support guides that our community choose to write. If they don't write them, we can't support them, obviously.

It has nothing to do with my personal feelings about or interest in PvP...? ((I am going to move this into the PvP forum, though, maybe someone will have some recommendations for you! Perhaps try there first next time if you want to talk to only PvP players, and not the general community?))
    Last edited by Daetur; 2014-04-08 at 04:19 AM.

Most people that write the guides post them on official forums and they get stickied there. Unless the author from that guide (or someone else) copy/pastes the content here you don't typically see it. As a result people just generally go to the official class forums (maybe Arenajunkies too) for guides.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought about writing a guide(rbg guide), not sure how much people would be interested in it, would anyone?

@Daetur I disagree that these forums have never supported guides. During wotlk there were guide contest.
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-04-08 at 05:03 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No one wrote one? No one gives a shit about PvP enough to write a guide here? No one thinks it's neccesary?
    You can get off your high horse now kid.

To OP: You can try the subreddit for wow, but I think you can find a lot of good guides on youtube as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to be sure, are you asking for a guide on how to play as a frost death knight in random battlegrounds?

If you just want to know how to gem and reforge, just the same as you would for arena. Whether it's 2v2, 3v3 or 10v10, it doesn't matter on how you gear, for most classes that is.

I don't know about the other classes, but warlocks have one in the class-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    Just to be sure, are you asking for a guide on how to play as a frost death knight in random battlegrounds?

If you just want to know how to gem and reforge, just the same as you would for arena. Whether it's 2v2, 3v3 or 10v10, it doesn't matter on how you gear, for most classes that is.
    Usually you gem/reforge the exact same as you would in Arena that you would do in BGs. It comes down to talent/glyph choices in most cases. Example, in BGs as UH you'd want Gorefiends Grasp, but in Arenas you'd want Desecration.

If you want priority of spells, useful macros, a "how-to guide," I'd assume the class subform would be a better place to ask pointed questions. This is more of a general overall PvP forum.

I know that AJ has useful guides, like the Warlock forum just got 3 very useful guides for each spec. I think a lot of the other sub forums have guides as well.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    This is really a discussion and news forum rather than a guide site. A lot of people in the community try to have guides up, but it's never been our priority... It's really the prerogative of people in the PvP community to write guides if they'd like to, and we'd certainly sticky well-researched, helpful ones.
    and what do you call the guides in each class forum ??

just say not many here can play pvp, pve is slower pace easy to catch up on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I thought about writing a guide(rbg guide), not sure how much people would be interested in it, would anyone?

@Daetur I disagree that these forums have never supported guides. During wotlk there were guide contest.
    that would be an awesome idea

You're free to write one yourself OP. Or possibly go to another site or ask people for tips. Make a level 1 on a server with a high rated DK and ask him why he gemmed X or Y and took skill X over skill Y or Z.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

As already has been said, it's nobody's responsibility on MMO-C to create or maintain guides - we're a forum for discussion. That said, however, there are guides on the class specific forums that are up-kept albeit mostly for PvE.

The main thing about PvP is that it can't be taught. A guide can't teach you how to react to every situation you'll find yourself in in PvP, and your stat priority, rotation, gems and reforge can all be found in PvE guides.

A basics guide might be good though. Like what your hit/exp caps are in pvp and how your pvp set bonuses change your play style.

been seeing a few posts from people with completely wrong ideas about how much hit/exp you need