Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why wasn't Twilight Ward removed?

Curse of the Elements should be baked into immolate and corruption to.
    Also would anyone be sad if gateway was removed?

Title: They didn't say they didn't remove it, but its lack of inclusion in the post probably means it's still around. Having said that, it may be reworked or simply might be something they want to keep.
    First line: No. Having one of the common spells applying such an effect would overbalance the skill. Unlike Hunter's Mark, CotE can be applied to a (nearly) endless number of mobs.
    Second line: Yes. Placement and use timing do actually have a level of skill to them.

Why remove something you just made a glyph for just asking

With the new glyph twilight ward should actually become quite useful

Quote Originally Posted by ragonfu View Post
    I would cry endlessly

Curse of the Elements should be baked into immolate and corruption to.
    Or just gone.

Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

That's a pvp spell. If we have 10% decrease from magic damage, I agreed it's usefulless, however not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twilight Ward: It's a useful spell, mostly used in PvP where the set bonus from the PvP set actually makes it good; but there have been plenty of Shadow Damage raid effects this expansion to make it useful. Glad to see a glyph that replicates that effect.

Curse of Elements: The magic vulnerability debuff remains globally, and CoE is still the best way to have it applied; the other versions from Hunters and Rogues are short duration effects that have a tendency to fall off during phase changes and target switches.

Finally, I'd be very sad to see Gateway removed. Sad about the nerfs, but the removal of charges is actually a huge buff and hopefully they can fix the range related despawning issues too.

Deleted
    With the glyph it is solid for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Curse of Elements: The magic vulnerability debuff remains globally, and CoE is still the best way to have it applied; the other versions from Hunters and Rogues are short duration effects that have a tendency to fall off during phase changes and target switches.
    But the lock has to click it on a new target (well not so much as it's AoE in WoD) and it costs a global.

Maybe it'd be better if it didn't aggro. So you could at least pre-debuff before the fight.

IMO it should just hit the scrap heap though, along with the Hunter/Rogue versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But the lock has to click it on a new target (well not so much as it's AoE in WoD) and it costs a global.

Maybe it'd be better if it didn't aggro. So you could at least pre-debuff before the fight.

IMO it should just hit the scrap heap though, along with the Hunter/Rogue versions.
    No, I think they're cutting way too deep already with this whole ridiculous offensive against raid utility. Actually, it's probably the first real 'dumbing down' worry I've had about the game. The idea of 20 Mythic was that with the single raid size they could actually give players more to do with their utility because it's more likely to be available, and being useful in some respect actually feels good as a player. Now they want to take stuff away to balance against those with a 'lower' level of utility? Madness.

Twilight Ward is quite good in PvP, and requires skill knowing when to use it.

Curse of the Elements shouldn't be baked into something spammable, no.

And I don't really care on gateway. I do think it should either have health and be killable, or not be usable in arenas. Makes Warlocks into the masters of long games, LSD for example, because they and their partners can escape so easily.

I also don't think mechanics in fights should be trivialized by having a gateway, especially without charges, like the tornado dog fight in ToT was (forget the name), it makes having a Warlock a massive advantage over not having one, and bringing a Warlock that does less DPS than other people would still be acceptable because gateway was such a huge help.

Deleted
    Gateway is something that if your Tanks/DPS'ers and other people use brain in guild can use in PvE to break mechanics of bosses. Break in a GOOD WAY.

examples:
    Garosh moving out of weapon dmg between spots for ranged dps,
    Immersus to escape swirl
    Nourushen to escape lasers, move to portals
    Sha of Pride for melee to move to add or portals to free people
    Galakras for Tower groups to move faster and in later phases for melee to move with bombs.
    etc...

New changes to gateway i both like and hate. I like removal of charges but i hate nerf to range.

A lot of sues but requires people to actually use brain. Gateway is amazing PvE tool and in PvP also.
    I always try to improve with my class how we do encounters to abuse my skills to the limit so it is much easier.

On the note of Curse of Elements i think it should be removed as a spell/debuff that is in the game at all. No point in having it, other classes provides it in a passive fashion. Remove it all from all specs and forms like sunder armour. No point in having it other than bloat.

Merging it with other curses will be just causing one button that does million jobs and primarely is used to slow adds But that is the blizzard design decision, i don't know why would i have to use GCD for this if assasination rogue can apply it passive.

Is it real raid utility if we're just bringing a 5% spell damage debuff? Buff spell damage across the board by 5% and get this false "utility" all the way the fck outta here imo.

Or make bake it into DI so that we increase spell dmg by 3% and keep the int and stam.

It's pure psychological manipulation to leverage such a mundane, passive spell as "raid utility." It's alpha, I know, but we need to make sure Blizz gets the message loud and clear before continuing this insanity.

Deleted
    I thought blizzard said they are getting rid offfff all raid wide buffs/debufs except Bloodlust. Which would be very very good.

Because adding BL to LW'ers craft and we don't need to stack any class or go for many different classes builds. Just bring the player not the class.

Other solution but more drastic would be to level account not the character, so swaping in and out classes would be easier but that is maybe idea for titan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    Is it real raid utility if we're just bringing a 5% spell damage debuff? Buff spell damage across the board by 5% and get this false "utility" all the way the fck outta here imo.

Or make bake it into DI so that we increase spell dmg by 3% and keep the int and stam.

It's pure psychological manipulation to leverage such a mundane, passive spell as "raid utility." It's alpha, I know, but we need to make sure Blizz gets the message loud and clear before continuing this insanity.
    The whole point of raid buffs and debuffs is to make you more powerful in a group environment and to encourage composition diversity. Maybe -you- need to realise their purpose before you start telling us what -we- want.

The real issue here is that the debuff has been allowed to become so passive with ours having such a long duration, and Rogue/Hunter versions being applied by accident; not the question of whether it should exist in the first place. I mean, the underlying argument here seems to be that it's somehow unfair that it costs us a Global to apply...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VoidyTv View Post
    I thought blizzard said they are getting rid offfff all raid wide buffs/debufs except Bloodlust. Which would be very very good.

Because adding BL to LW'ers craft and we don't need to stack any class or go for many different classes builds. Just bring the player not the class.

Other solution but more drastic would be to level account not the character, so swaping in and out classes would be easier but that is maybe idea for titan
    No, that applies to active utility; particularly healing cooldowns. Raidwide buffs and boss debuffs will remain for the above reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Twilight Ward is quite good in PvP, and requires skill knowing when to use it.
    How so? You can use it on CD...no?

With set bonus it stops all schools.

The real question is, why would you want it to be removed? Same goes for Gateway. Just no. With Blizzard rarely compensating for nerfs my answer is simply no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    How so? You can use it on CD...no?

With set bonus it stops all schools.
    Yes, but how much it absorbs is limited. It's a waste to use to to absorb some dot damage when you know bigger burst will be coming 10 seconds later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I still don't seem the problem with it. Last 5 minutes, and yes it costs a global, but why is that a bad thing?

The DPS you would gain by casting it will benefit you and your entire group in the long run. I doubt the rest of the group will feel any pity whatsoever that we have to "waste" one of our global CDs on it.

OT: Why remove Twilight Ward? We've had it since TBC in different forms and it's served me well for years. I miss Nether Ward more than anything.
    Last edited by Bridius; 2014-04-08 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    compensating
    50 DKP minus