Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    No one is questioning the usefulness of Twilight Ward it's just I'm confused why we are losing Felflame and Soulshatter but not twilight ward or having curse of the elements built into corruption/immolate? IMO both are better choices than Felflame and soulshatter being removed.
    Last edited by mmoce17ce7b114; 2014-04-10 at 01:39 PM.

Well you kind of are. Look at the title of the thread.

My favorite incarnation of it was nether ward. You had to be kind of clever with it's usage.

The new version looks to be the best so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    My favorite incarnation of it was nether ward. You had to be kind of clever with it's usage.
    I was soaking on Ultraxion HC with it. Getting the timing right was epic.

The glyph introducing the PvP functionality now makes it useful outside of PvP, though the need to glyph it to make it useful is rather messy as a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Yeah, but it's not like it's our only absorb.

why twilight ward can't absorb all damage?

Warlock have hystorical problem facing melee, not caster...

Twilight Ward saved me from dieing on Ragnaros 40 man at level 90. I almost died! Didn't bring enough fire resist gear

Quote Originally Posted by Conscripts View Post
    Twilight Ward saved me from dieing on Ragnaros 40 man at level 90. I almost died! Didn't bring enough fire resist gear

Wut? Not sure if serious or supposed to be some weird joke :\
    There is no way that Ragnaros in molten core can even hurt you enough to even go below 90% health

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Wut? Not sure if serious or supposed to be some weird joke :\
    There is no way that Ragnaros in molten core can even hurt you enough to even go below 90% health
    My mom wanted me so I was afk for like 25 minutes came back and at 2% health. Took another couple minutes to finish off rag, and twilight ward saved me.

Deleted
    Love that we're getting the glyph. I've been using the ward on every occasion during the HC progress and it's fun to have some tools for active mitigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscripts View Post
    My mom wanted me so I was afk for like 25 minutes came back and at 2% health. Took another couple minutes to finish off rag, and twilight ward saved me.
    Well that makes a lot more sense now

nevermind...

Why wasn't Twilight Ward removed?
    The question is: Why was Nether Ward (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=91711/nether-ward) morphed to Twilight Ward in MoP?

But even with only shadow and holy school, it saves my ass in pve content. We need some active damage reduction/absorb/whatever in order to react to huge amounts of damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nether Ward was a Destruction talent that converted Shadow Ward, which at that time only absorbed Shadow Damage. We have active mitigation in the form of Unending Resolve, and can talent Sac Pact or Dark Bargain - that's basically more active mitigation than we've ever had before. That's why we were considered "tanky", because we didn't have cooldowns and instead were just balanced to take hits.

We were never balanced to take hits we were balance to have the same surviablity as classes which didn't have life tap, turns out if you don't have to life tap anymore you get pretty damn tanky as you would call it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Munemasa View Post
    We were never balanced to take hits we were balance to have the same surviablity as classes which didn't have life tap, turns out if you don't have to life tap anymore you get pretty damn tanky as you would call it
    Nope. Mages really cannot be described as tanky. That's why they have so much control, mobility and active mitigation; if they don't press those buttons to stay alive, they really don't last long. Warlocks didn't have any of those things, certainly no mobility, little control beyond Fear, and no active mitigation. And yet were very strong anyway.