Thread: Democide

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by simsumre View Post
    You know which Government hasn't been tried? No Government.
    It was tried. Then we came up with government.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...it really takes a special kind of stupid to claim the American Government, which is trillions of dollars in debt, is "hoarding wealth".
    This just shows how simple minded you are. If you really think the debt is being spread around fairly and some people aren't winning while the public is losing then again, that's pretty simple minded.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    It was tried. Then we came up with government.
    You gave away the answer! He was supposed to get there himself . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    This just shows how simple minded you are. If you really think the debt is being spread around fairly and some people aren't winning while the public is losing then again, that's pretty simple minded.
    /record skip sound effect

Woah! Did you, of all people, just seriously accuse... ME... of believing that even trickle down theory is in perfect practice - the theory that has been the BACKBONE of Republicans and your God/Savior Ted Cruz!?

ME!? One of the many here who RAIL AGAINST big corporate interests because of how massively IMBALANCED the wealth distribution is? How the corporations, thanks to their "Free market" pay their workers craptastic wages while their CEOs live like Kings... no, more like GODS.

Dude, what I was talking about was GOVERNMENT debt and their services. What you seem to be talking about is Corporate wealth distribution in the economy. These are two VERY VASTLY different things.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    /record skip sound effect

Woah! Did you, of all people, just seriously accuse... ME... of believing that even trickle down theory is in perfect practice - the theory that has been the BACKBONE of Republicans and your God/Savior Ted Cruz!?

ME!? One of the many here who RAIL AGAINST big corporate interests because of how massively IMBALANCED the wealth distribution is? How the corporations, thanks to their "Free market" pay their workers craptastic wages while their CEOs live like Kings... no, more like GODS.

Dude, what I was talking about was GOVERNMENT debt and their services. What you seem to be talking about is Corporate wealth distribution in the economy. These are two VERY VASTLY different things.
    Ahhh, so that's why I've never bothered with you. I say again, if you can't see how wealth can be hoarded and yet debt can be abundant, then I made a mistake.

Having a total lack of government isn't possible with people, because eventually somebody will form one. It doesn't matter who it is a group will always create a hierarchy and once that happens you're a skip away from full on government.

It seems a little odd to me to wish so hard for no government from the comfort of your safe and warm home though. I'd wager that anyone who thinks we'd be better off without a government has never even seen a place, let alone lived in one, that had little to no government.

People suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Ahhh, so that's why I've never bothered with you. I say again, if you can't see how wealth can be hoarded and yet debt can be abundant, then I made a mistake.
    Federal tax revenue has really not moved much after accounting for economic conditions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Federal tax revenue has really not moved much after accounting for economic conditions.
    Yes but you're ignoring the secret wealth the government has hidden away!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.