Unhappy HELP ME!! Hard question about a sitcon!!

Hi guys, I have a question that has been haunting me for some time now. I've searched all over the internet, forums, etc, and simply, cannot find the answer.

Some time ago, I watched an episode of some sitcon, and I've been trying to remember what series, episode, etc, it´s from.

I remember that some of the characters played a prank on one of the main characters, and he decided to get back at the others, and played a huge prank on everyone, where at the end, he faked his death in a car explosion. After the explosion, one of the characters even cried (I'm pretty sure), and started saying "My friend, I killed my friend..." (because he had something to do with the bomb on his friend's car.

Anyway, it was all a joke, and then the character that faked his death appears and everyone was happy again.

I can't remember anything else. I just have this vague memory. If anyone can shed some light in the matter, I would be really thankful. I've gotten to the point of dreaming about this, and I can't find out what series, episode it was from. At first I thought it was How I Met Your Mother (sounds like something Barney would do), but I've gone through my HIMYM collection, asked friends, and nobody knows what the hell I am talking about.

Was I dreaming? Did this really happen?

HELP MEEEEE!!!!

It's sitcom FYI. It reminds me of Happy Endings a recently cancelled show but I can;t find the clip so i may in fact be wrong.

I mean, that sounds fairly dark for a sitcom. I don't think I know of a sitcom which has ever featured a car bomb. Maybe it's more of an action-y comedy? It sounds like something that might have been on Burn Notice, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean, that sounds fairly dark for a sitcom. I don't think I know of a sitcom which has ever featured a car bomb. Maybe it's more of an action-y comedy? It sounds like something that might have been on Burn Notice, for example.
    Sounds like something that might be on Always Sunny. They can be pretty dark sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Sounds like something that might be on Always Sunny. They can be pretty dark sometimes.
    I was also gonna say it reminds me of "Always Sunny in Philadelphia" (I think thats the full name) its on Netflix or some of it is anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I looked up Always Sunny, but it's not it.

God, I can't believe this. I'm going crazy over this thing.

Anyone got any other ideias?

For anyone that cares, after more than a year, I finally found out the name of the sitcom. For the longest time I actually though I had dreamed this and was just imagining something that didn't exist.

The name of the sitcom is Happy Endings, and here's a clip of the scene I was talking about.

https://youtu.be/2qhZ3ENyavc

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    For anyone that cares, after more than a year, I finally found out the name of the sitcom. For the longest time I actually though I had dreamed this and was just imagining something that didn't exist.

The name of the sitcom is Happy Endings, and here's a clip of the scene I was talking about.

Faltemer nailed it in the first reply

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post

Funny cuz that was literally the first response when you asked
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.