Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think that was about the least of all reasons to play it. In fact in the current state, Demo actually has the fewest pet options given how much you lose by using another pet. In that respect changes to the Felguard are warranted, actually glad to see Felstorm gone to reduce Demo's AE being reliant on cooldown stacking.
    Sorry I should have been more detailed in what I meant. Forgive my rambling

    I guess I'm just shocked theyre removing these abilities with no change to show whats being replaced with them. Felstorm was a solution to our lacking AoE toolkit, although having your bursty AoE come from a pet is kinda lame. Axe toss- mehhh, the delay on the summon and the axe actually hitting was lame but that could be a computer issue not a spell issue.

    why are they removing all sorts of stuff from demos toolkit?

  2. #22
    Well they're trimming back pet CC across the board, you've seen the Hunter notes, right? Think its just a sign they're still working on it.

    I'd never have described Demo's AE kit as lacking by the way... Arguably the only thing on the class that genuinely is bloated.

  3. #23
    So Blizzard keeps removing important tools and depth. Looks like they want to give more reasons not to play the expansion.

  4. #24
    Blizz neutering the Felguard is painful.. Felstorm? OMG

    Between Axe Toss and Carrion Swarm, Demo just got its interrupts nerfed large.

    Demonic Servitude as it stood seemed to contradict Demo... a lvl 100 talent that gives you two new full time pet options seemed like a bad conflict of interest for a spec that gets a spec specific pet.

    Removal of Felguards AoE potential certainly is a step in the direction of "well, guess I don't HAVE to use felguard"...

    Doesn't solve the issue of the talent seemingly trumping a spec perk...

    Perhaps Blizz felt it was time to break Demo always using one pet to allow choice again, and I don't necessarily disagree... but if they do that, Felguard may as well be available for all specs since it not longer brings anything unique.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Perhaps Blizz felt it was time to break Demo always using one pet to allow choice again, and I don't necessarily disagree... but if they do that, Felguard may as well be available for all specs since it not longer brings anything unique.
    I'm quite sure there's room to give it some unique utility, and I don't think 'yet another AoE DPS cooldown' was ever really the answer to doing that. It still offers the Mortal Strike debuff, and with Hamstring being baked into Warrior abilities, I don't think that's an unrealistic proposition for the Felguard's toolkit.

  6. #26
    I always thought that Destro and Aff should have a pet that can AoE rather then Demo should lose theirs.

    Although I can see the opposite side. Demo does have an AoE bloat.

    Carrion Swarm
    Void Ray
    Felstorm
    Hellfire
    HoG

    Maybe better to focus it better.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'm quite sure there's room to give it some unique utility, and I don't think 'yet another AoE DPS cooldown' was ever really the answer to doing that. It still offers the Mortal Strike debuff, and with Hamstring being baked into Warrior abilities, I don't think that's an unrealistic proposition for the Felguard's toolkit.
    I can agree with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I always thought that Destro and Aff should have a pet that can AoE rather then Demo should lose theirs.

    Although I can see the opposite side. Demo does have an AoE bloat.

    Carrion Swarm
    Void Ray
    Felstorm
    Hellfire
    HoG

    Maybe better to focus it better.
    Now we have Hellfire and HoG ... That a bit too much focus for me :P

    I wonder how Servitude will change the Cooldowns on the Guardians. Perhaps we will be compensated a bit by being able to regularly summon Infernal for Infernal Awakening for an added AoE cooldown.

  8. #28
    They just get replaced as cooldowns altogether.

  9. #29
    http://wowhead.com/news=233497/warlo...asses7-warlock

    If they really plan on doing these changes, then they might as well delete the Felguard.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by meira1111 View Post
    http://wowhead.com/news=233497/warlo...asses7-warlock

    If they really plan on doing these changes, then they might as well delete the Felguard.
    With the removal of Fel flame forcing demo to hard cast an over 2 second shadow bolt and the loss of pretty much ALL of the felguards tools and carrion swarm being removed demo is officially a dead spec for pvp come WOD. Melleecraft will rule the expansion with all the hard casting since mellee will still be able to stick to a target and do full damage while casters will struggle. I will stick around and finish MOP but if these changes go live then I think it's about time to move on. This game had a good run but I'm just not excited about the new x pac.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    With the removal of Fel flame forcing demo to hard cast an over 2 second shadow bolt and the loss of pretty much ALL of the felguards tools and carrion swarm being removed demo is officially a dead spec for pvp come WOD. Melleecraft will rule the expansion with all the hard casting since mellee will still be able to stick to a target and do full damage while casters will struggle. I will stick around and finish MOP but if these changes go live then I think it's about time to move on. This game had a good run but I'm just not excited about the new x pac.

    This. not to mention that felgaurd was a bandaid fix for our ranged aoe

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanorala View Post
    This. not to mention that felgaurd was a bandaid fix for our ranged aoe
    Not really, when they put it in, Demo also had Cremation, which was basically the same as original Mannoroth's Fury. It trivialised Magmaw and Maloriak though, so they nerfed it and set everyones progress back a couple of weeks. We also still had Rain of Fire and Seed of Corruption available.

  13. #33
    I think it will all depend on how much dmg hellfire can put out. If it's hugely (and I mean HUGELY) buffed to compensate to the fact that 1) it hurts the caster 2) we have less AoE spells, I won't be too angry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •